Code of Conduct

Default Versace Pour Homme Vs. Mugler Ice Men

Hey guys,
    I am a poor college student and am trying to decide between Versace Pour Homme and Mugler Ice*Men for a summer fragrance, but nontheless something I can use the whole year. I want a fragrance that has excellent longevity and sillage, and I want to be noticed. I have smelled Versace Pour Homme with a couple female friends and they love it. Does anybody have any similar experiences with Ice*men because on the reviews on Basenotes, nobody mentions it is a "lady-killer". If you guys were to pick between the two, which one would you pick is basically my question. Any feedback or replies would be stellar. Appreciate it in advance!

Default Re: Versace Pour Homme Vs. Mugler Ice Men

VPH in half a heartbeat. I love this stuff. It's smells and feels like an aquatic but it isn't. It's really good stuff. It lasts okay too, all day plus on clothes. Ice*Men is a fresh patchouli. Think of A*Men, put it on a diet and starve if further and sprinkle some fresh aqua notes on top.

They are both cool I guess but I'm in love with VPH. Its just so beautiful. I think I'm still the only one with a 200ml bottle
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

For uniqueness I would go with Ice*Men. Mugler is a lot less widespread than Versace (where I live at least).
    For the scent itself, it depends on preference rweally, but if you want something for the winter as well I would go with Ice*Men once again. I believe it would carry better during the colder months than VPH.

A*Men summer flash is like a better Ice*Men imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Critic View Post
    VPH in half a heartbeat. I love this stuff. It's smells and feels like an aquatic but it isn't. It's really good stuff. It lasts okay too, all day plus on clothes. Ice*Men is a fresh patchouli. Think of A*Men, put it on a diet and starve if further and sprinkle some fresh aqua notes on top.

They are both cool I guess but I'm in love with VPH. Its just so beautiful. I think I'm still the only one with a 200ml bottle
    I agree. VPH is beautiful - it's progression is flawless and there are a ton of nuances in the scent that I think the casual sniffer would miss (or those giving it a quick test). Women love this stuff, too, which is a nice perk. It fares well all year round, too as it is heavy enough to feel substantial in winter and yet light enough to be used on all but the most sweltering of days.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    A*Men summer flash is like a better Ice*Men imo.
    Hate to bump this thread, but A*Men Summer Flash is exactly the same as Ice*Men, I've compared my bottle of Ice*Men to a decant of Summer Flash that I got before the release of Ice*Men, they're identical. Just don't want anyone searching Ice*Men or Summer Flash and getting the wrong idea.

But if the thread starter still hasn't decided ... I say get both! They're both five star fragrances in my book.

Sur la Plage

Not sure if you decided, but I would go with Mugler Ice*Men.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 3rd September 2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I would pick Mugler too

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Hate to bump this thread, but A*Men Summer Flash is exactly the same as Ice*Men, I've compared my bottle of Ice*Men to a decant of Summer Flash that I got before the release of Ice*Men, they're identical. Just don't want anyone searching Ice*Men or Summer Flash and getting the wrong idea.

But if the thread starter still hasn't decided ... I say get both! They're both five star fragrances in my book.
    Upon further sampling, you're right. My b.

Still think Mugler is the way to go.

I prefer VPH.

VPH because I dislike patchouli a lot

VPH just becouse it's similar to Chanel Allure Homme Sport

Another vote for Ice*Men.