Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 130
  1. #91
    Dependent morrison74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    2,260

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by osoblanco View Post
    I'd say it's from 1989, if it's real ... the way the batch code is printed seems a little too perfect to me. Are you sure it's not a fake?
    I don't have the bottle yet- it's on it's way to me. I certainly hope it's not a fake.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

    Swaps
    Wanted



  2. #92

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I don't have the bottle yet- it's on it's way to me. I certainly hope it's not a fake.
    Good luck, then! I think the colour of the bottle looks a little strange as well, but that could be just the picture.

    Anyway, the five digit batch codes had been in use up until 1997/98. With the newer four digit batchcodes, the year of production can be told by the first digit (a number). In the nineties the codes were printed in white/silver, from the year 2000 onwards they were black.

    As for the five digit codes, I have one that starts with a 7 and according to the leaflet inside the box it is from 1997. So I assume that in those cases the first digit refers to the year of production as well. If that's true, yours must be from 1989 because in 1999 the four digit codes were already in use.

  3. #93
    Dependent morrison74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    2,260

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by osoblanco View Post
    Good luck, then! I think the colour of the bottle looks a little strange as well, but that could be just the picture.

    Anyway, the five digit batch codes had been in use up until 1997/98. With the newer four digit batchcodes, the year of production can be told by the first digit (a number). In the nineties the codes were printed in white/silver, from the year 2000 onwards they were black.

    As for the five digit codes, I have one that starts with a 7 and according to the leaflet inside the box it is from 1997. So I assume that in those cases the first digit refers to the year of production as well. If that's true, yours must be from 1989 because in 1999 the four digit codes were already in use.
    Thank you for the info ^. Very informative!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

    Swaps
    Wanted



  4. #94

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christian-...p2047675.l2557

    any opinions on the above 'Vintage' Fahrenheit ?

    thanks

  5. #95
    Basenotes Member itaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    ask for a picture of the serial number on the box and bottle to check for authenticity

  6. #96

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    This has been an interesting read. I don't know if it has anything to do with the reformulation or not, but I remember not liking Fahrenheit when it was released. I was in high school as well, and was very into Drakkar at the time But I am completely infatuated and addicted to it now though.

  7. #97
    Basenotes Junkie mdclx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sintra, Portugal
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    I bought two 200 ml testers bottles of Dior Fahrenheit, in Check Cosmetics they say that's produced in 1987!!

    But Fahrenheit was launched in 1988, is that possible???


    Did i find a some real vintage!!

    Someone can help me?









    Thanks,

  8. #98
    silentrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    5,378

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by mdclx View Post
    I bought two 200 ml testers bottles of Dior Fahrenheit, in Check Cosmetics they say that's produced in 1987!!

    But Fahrenheit was launched in 1988, is that possible???


    Did i find a some real vintage!!

    Someone can help me?
    Database error?

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,480
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    it's been reformulated a dozen times probably

  10. #100

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by mdclx View Post
    I bought two 200 ml testers bottles of Dior Fahrenheit, in Check Cosmetics they say that's produced in 1987!!

    But Fahrenheit was launched in 1988, is that possible???


    Did i find a some real vintage!!

    Someone can help me?


    Thanks,
    Forget checkcosmetics, it's really good for nothing! I still have to figure out how the five-digit-batch-codes work, but I think the year can also be told by the first digit. That would mean that your bottle is from 1993. I have one starting with a 7, which according to the leaflet inside the box is from 1997.

  11. #101

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Oh how I would love to get my hands on any bottle prior to 2006! The drydown of Fahrenheit is sublime!

  12. #102

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Golden State North
    Posts
    433

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSheedah View Post
    Hello there expert basenoters, just a quick question from a relative 'newbie' on the fragrance scene...

    I purchased a Fahrenheit a while back (LOVE IT by the way) but I am not sure what version it is or indeed even if it is genuine! Any help would be appreciated so pics below!

    Cast your experienced minds on the pics and please let me know if you can gauge anything from them... Thank you!









    Thank you once again in advance..
    Looks authentic. I would say a mid 2007 batch.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants. - LT

  13. #103

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Golden State North
    Posts
    433

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    I picked up this little 5ml mini at an estate sale last year. The asking price was just $8 bucks. The prior owner estimated a time of purchase c. 1990. No lot label to check against. The lettering on the bottle is a bit worn from years of storage. The scent itself is like petroleum heaven. One of my best finds from last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants. - LT

  14. #104

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Being a mini and petrol bomb I doubt its a fake.

  15. #105

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Guys, hi!
    Being a fan of Fahrenheit i just got the travel set 3*15 ml in old colors (red/yellow/blue). But the batch code says 1C01 which is 2011 based on checkcosmetics. It could not be the right information as its old package and vintage one.
    Do you have any idea about Dior batch code assignment logic?
    thanks
    ed

  16. #106

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by EDJA View Post
    Guys, hi!
    Being a fan of Fahrenheit i just got the travel set 3*15 ml in old colors (red/yellow/blue). But the batch code says 1C01 which is 2011 based on checkcosmetics. It could not be the right information as its old package and vintage one.
    Do you have any idea about Dior batch code assignment logic?
    thanks
    ed
    It's from 2001.

  17. #107

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by osoblanco View Post
    It's from 2001.
    thanks a lot

  18. #108

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Hey!
    I found this tester bottle on the net and im wandering if its genuine.
    It has no cap, as u can see in the pics, and the owner told me the batch code is something like 9701. I haven't heard about codes like that till now. Maybe its something special made for testers?

    I attach you some photos as well.

    Thanks in advance!f1.JPGf2.JPG

  19. #109
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,064
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Popa View Post
    Hey!
    I found this tester bottle on the net and im wandering if its genuine.
    It has no cap, as u can see in the pics, and the owner told me the batch code is something like 9701. I haven't heard about codes like that till now. Maybe its something special made for testers?

    I attach you some photos as well.

    Thanks in advance!f1.JPGf2.JPG
    that batch code is not 9701 but probably 9Z01, anyway it should be year 2009.
    check the home-made Christian Dior date calculator here:
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...tian-dior.html
    Raiders of the Lost Scent: Journey in the Realm of Lost Perfumes
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.it.

  20. #110
    Dependent caferacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Popa View Post
    Hey!
    I found this tester bottle on the net and im wandering if its genuine.
    It has no cap, as u can see in the pics, and the owner told me the batch code is something like 9701. I haven't heard about codes like that till now. Maybe its something special made for testers?

    I attach you some photos as well.

    Thanks in advance!f1.JPGf2.JPG
    It could be a legit tester, but it's definitely not vintage.

  21. #111

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    what intrigues me is the white atomizer. shouldnt be in black?

  22. #112

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Popa View Post
    what intrigues me is the white atomizer. shouldnt be in black?
    That's just white cardboard to protect the sprayer when a bottle has no cap which is not unusual with testers.
    Currently wearing: Balafre by Lancme

  23. #113

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    no, i mean the little dot from which the juice comes out.

  24. #114

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Sorry I see what you mean, the photo was distracting me.lol

    I have checked both my bottles of Fahrenheit and they are black and not white. Maybe someone else can chime in if they have or have seen the white dot on the sprayer of old/new bottles.
    Currently wearing: Balafre by Lancme

  25. #115

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Thanks for your answer!
    I will wait someone else's opinion as well!

    Thanks a lot!

  26. #116

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Don't like the original Fahrenheit at all, but if i found a real vintage bottle could well buy it, just for collection's sake.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

    Signature: Rochas Macassar (Nicolas Mamounas / Roger Pellegrino, 1980)

    Current Top 7:

    Chanel Antaeus (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1981)
    Terre d' Hermes EDT (2006-2009) (Jean-Claude Ellena, 2006)
    Green Irish Tweed (Probably Oliver Creed / Pierre Bourdon, 1985)
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme (Gilles Romey, 1993)
    Bleu de Chanel EDP (Jaques Polge, 2014)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vtg) (Max Gavary, 1994)
    Chanel Allure Homme (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1999)

  27. #117
    Dependent JimmyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Place beyond Pine Barrens
    Posts
    1,132

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    My bottle is from 2010. Does it qualify as vintage? If not, how do you guys think this formulation stack against the others? Lasts and projects like a beast...
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

  28. #118

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    I was given a bottle by a friend having a clear out. The box is still sealed but it is 50ml with a black, red and yellow box and in the yellow it says e50 ml. Tried adding a photo but could not get it to work, Is it likely this is a vintage bottle?

    Thanks

  29. #119

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    Quote Originally Posted by ripjean View Post
    I was given a bottle by a friend having a clear out. The box is still sealed but it is 50ml with a black, red and yellow box and in the yellow it says e50 ml. Tried adding a photo but could not get it to work, Is it likely this is a vintage bottle?

    Thanks
    Seems to be vintage, the box you are describing was in use up to the year 2000 (give or take a year). To tell the exact year you'll need the batch code from the bottom of the box.

  30. #120

    Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

    The code is 8G03. Just been doing a bit of research and according to an article on an old perfumes forum this is 1998 so hopefully vintage (Check fresh says 2008 but not sure this is correct)

Similar Threads

  1. [International] The SALE worth waiting for!
    By xmen in forum Items for Sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th July 2015, 11:28 AM
  2. Vintage Antaeus review
    By IndianapolisVet in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 1st March 2014, 05:33 PM
  3. Which designer fragrances are comparable to niche?
    By Kevin Guyer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 15th August 2012, 07:26 PM
  4. Replies: 111
    Last Post: 14th March 2009, 12:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000