Code of Conduct

Default New from Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Le Beau Parfum!!

From Now Smell This:

Maison Francis Kurkdjian has launched Le Beau Parfum, a new fragrance celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Printemps department store in Paris.
    Le Beau Parfum, an armful of sun-kissed flowers.
    Inspired by a sense of impertinent Parisian chic, Le Beau Parfum is celebrating the 150th anniversary of Printemps department store. Like an uncompromising conversation between tuberose from India and orange blossom from Tunisia, Le Beau Parfum evokes a carnal desire.
    Additional notes include ylang ylang and jasmine.
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian Le Beau Parfum is only available exclusively at Printemps Department Store in Paris and also at the Maison Francis Kurkdjian website, 70 ml Eau de Parfum for €145

Just received Oud Satin Mood two days ago, and now another new one to get!!
    Last edited by hednic; 20th March 2015 at 02:41 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: New from Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Le Beau Parfum!!

This looks great! As with Oud Satin Mood the Basenotes community will be relying on your service at the front lines for reliable information :P.

Hednic... First to the fight! It helps that you make purchases before most of us hear about the new release lol.

Interested in hearing your thoughts when you get it! I hope it will be available in the States in the near future.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4. Xerjoff - Fars
    5. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Creed - Green Valley
    7. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Creed - Royal Scottish Lavender

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Interested in hearing your thoughts when you get it! I hope it will be available in the States in the near future.
    Unfortunately only a one city exclusive. I know how you hate that.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Dougczar - As Hednic mentioned, you can order it directly from the MFK website though I don't think the VAT will be suppressed. Good thing is the shipping is free.

Edit - even without the suppressed VAT, it's still a steal given the current favorable exchange rate.

Hednic - thanks for the info.
    Last edited by CapriDog; 20th March 2015 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Dougczar - As Hednic mentioned, you can order it directly from the MFK website though I don't think the VAT will be suppressed. Good thing is the shipping is free.
    No, VAT (20 Euros) was not suppressed but it only came to a converted $153US with free Colissimo shipping which I thought was nice. Moreover, if you use a Capital One Visa or Master Card or Black American Express Card, there are no currency conversion fees.
    Last edited by hednic; 20th March 2015 at 03:18 AM.

Sounds great.
    for swap/sale:

I will definitely be picking this up for my wife when I go to Paris in May! Sounds wonderful.

Not a fan of tuberose and sounds deciding ky fem, but I could be wrong. I hope everyone enjoys this though and will sniff it if I ever get the chance.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Not a fan of tuberose and sounds decidingly fem, but I could be wrong.
    He lists it on his site as both for men and women, so we shall see. If it is too feminine, my wife gets it.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Looking forward to smelling this. Kurkdjian is pretty good with florals and the notes sound pretty.
    '

The postman just minutes ago delivered my package from MFK in France - 7 Days! Happy Days! This will be my SOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The postman just minutes ago delivered my package from MFK in France - 7 Days! Happy Days! This will be my SOTE!
    Would love to hear what you think of it! Does it lean masculine, feminine, or unisex? I am really looking forward to this one--I am a big fan of this house.

Surprisingly not as feminine as I would have imagined from the notes. I'd say quite unisex. At least I would have no problem wearing this one, and I don't wear female fragrances or overly leaning feminine scents. The notes are subtle and that might contribute to the wear ability factor. It opens with a very soft orange that doesn't disappear but rather lingers and hides in the background. Although I'm not a tuberose fan, this take of it I can endure as the other notes blend very well with it so that it's not choking. I can detect the jasmine and once again subtle and even and the dry down is downright pleasant. Longevity and projection are fine. The packaging is exceptional with the artwork and on the back of the box is states "Exclusive to Printemps" (The Paris Department Store) Overall very pleased. I might add, that MFK included 6 free samples along with this purchase. A very nice touch!
    Last edited by hednic; 27th March 2015 at 05:38 PM.

Surprisingly not as feminine as I would have imagined from the notes. I'd say quite unisex. At least I would have no problem wearing this one, and I don't female fragrances or overly leaning feminine scents. The notes are subtle and that might contribute to the wear ability factor. It opens with a very soft orange that doesn't disappear but rather lingers and hides in the background. Although I'm not a tuberose fan, this take of it I can endure as the other notes blend very well with it so that it's not choking. I can detect the jasmine and once again subtle and even and the dry down is downright pleasant. Longevity and projection are fine. The packaging is exceptional with the artwork and on the back of the box is states "Exclusive to Printemps" (The Paris Department Store) Overall very pleased. I might add, that MFK included 6 free samples along with this purchase. A very nice touch!
    Thanks for your impressions Hednic! This sounds very interesting.

I would get it just for the advertisement I can't recall how many hours I spend on top of Printemps.

That said - IF I had unlimited funds ;p which sadly I don't.
    "If most people are trying to find a scent for their ego, I'm trying to make a scent for your id." - Roja Dove

Wardrobe & reviews @ http://www.fragrantica.com/member/801837/
    Currently wearing: Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford

My mom loves tuberose , i am sure she would love this

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    My mom loves tuberose , i am sure she would love this
    I remember you mentioning that before. Yes, I bet she would like this.

Nice review Hednic. looking forward to smelling this one .
    Current top choices:
    1- Portrait of A Lady
    2- 34 st Germaine Boulevard by Diptyque
    3- Bleecker Street by Bond 9
    4- Acqua Di Parma Oud
    5- Clive Christian #1
    6- Coromandel by Chanel
    7- Acqua Di Parmal Colonia Intensa
    8- Guerlain Derby
    9- MFK lumiere Noir
    10- Dans Tes Bras
    Currently wearing: Chez Bond by Bond No. 9

Surprisingly not as feminine as I would have imagined from the notes. I'd say quite unisex. At least I would have no problem wearing this one, and I don't wear female fragrances or overly leaning feminine scents. The notes are subtle and that might contribute to the wear ability factor. It opens with a very soft orange that doesn't disappear but rather lingers and hides in the background. Although I'm not a tuberose fan, this take of it I can endure as the other notes blend very well with it so that it's not choking. I can detect the jasmine and once again subtle and even and the dry down is downright pleasant. Longevity and projection are fine. The packaging is exceptional with the artwork and on the back of the box is states "Exclusive to Printemps" (The Paris Department Store) Overall very pleased. I might add, that MFK included 6 free samples along with this purchase. A very nice touch!
    Thanks for your review, it's great! I am looking forward to trying this one when in Paris this May. I love tuberose, and it is one of my favorite notes on my wife

Anyone else try this?
    for swap/sale:

A very nice review! I'd like to sample this if I come across it. Like you, the tuberose has me timid, but perhaps it's done well here as you suggest. Sounds great!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

This does look very interesting. As soon as samples are available (if they are available) I will be testing this properly.
    Last edited by NeoXerxes; 13th April 2015 at 08:46 AM.

looks geared to women

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

I love tuberose. Looking forward to sampling this in the near future.