Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Vintage Fahrenheit?

My dad, God bless him, bought a me a bottle of Fahrenheit back in the early 90's. Believe it or not, I've only worn it a few times as I didn't wear fragrance at all back then and really didn't care for the heavy petrol/musk fumes coming from it anyway. But I still kept it. With recent talk that it's been reformulated, I'm pretty sure it's vintage as it's also a splash EdT (does anybody make splash EdT/EdPs anymore?). There's been no bottle redesign to my knowledge which I hear is a sure sign for reformulation but can anybody pinpoint a year that it was changed?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

I'm not sure what the exact year is, but it well after the early 90s (late 90s?). There are still a few splash bottles, but not many.

The bottle cap mostly and more so the packaging have been redesigned. Give me sometime, and I will find out when.

VINTAGE

CURRENT REFORMULATION with OLDER STYLE CAP

NOTICE, THERE ARE ALSO NON VINTAGE BOTTLES WITH REDESIGNED CAPS

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 25th June 2009 at 05:08 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the box pictures scentemental, I always wondered how I could tell vintage Fahrenheit from the outside box. Very helpful. I have been quietly looking for this one, every time I go to a local perfume shop.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 25th June 2009 at 02:28 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I long for an original formulation Farenheit

I have a vintage 10ml splash bottle but it has gone bad after 7 years. I still have about 1ml left, its top note has completely gone rotten and that is frustrating. This small bottle is about 11-12 years old
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

smeller

Scentemental, I believe there was another recent reformulation right before the redesigned cap, since my 2006 bottle is much better than the newer stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by smeller View Post
    Scentemental, I believe there was another recent reformulation right before the redesigned cap, since my 2006 bottle is much better than the newer stuff.

So the redesigned cap is the second reformulation. How interesting smeller. Your 2006 bottle is not the same as the original formulation though, right?

scentemental

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thanks for the box pictures scentemental, I always wondered how I could tell vintage Fahrenheit from the outside box. Very helpful. I have been quietly looking for this one, every time I go to a local perfume shop.

Any time Mike. Good luck with your search. Every know and then a bottle will turn up on eBay. My advice is to buy such bottles only when the seller has a picture of the actual vintage box and bottle showing. Many seller and e-retailers use photos of the vintage box and bottle and sell you a new bottle of reformulated juice.

scentemental

Judging from the pics, I had the Vintage formulation -- I was lucky to get my hands on a 200ml bottle with the Apres Rasage in 100ml and 50ml of the shower gel too, all for the unbeatable price of $16.50.

Believe it.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Okay, smeller, here's the newest bottle (with straight cap) and newest box as far as I can tell; I am assuming it's the one your 2006 bottle smells better than:

I think this one pictured immediately above is the latest form of the bottle and box.

There is, also a version that has the same box but has a bottle that has a ridged cap as can be seen in this photo:

As far as I can tell, the bottle and box immediately below is the intermediate bottle (with reformulated juice) with a different style box that superseded the original vintage bottle and box:

Does your bottle and box correspond to photo immediately above (of the intermediate bottle and box) or does it correspond to the third and latest version of the bottle with the ridged cap? If it corresponds to the latest bottle (with ridged cap) and box, then it's clear that the latest bottle (with straight cap) and bottle is a second reformulation.

Just to have all the bottles and boxes on the same post, I am adding the photo of the vintage bottle and box of Fahrenheit with the original formulation:

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 25th June 2009 at 05:51 PM.

I do not have the box but being that it's a splash EdT from the early 90's, I think I can safely assume it's vintage judging from the posts. I really don't wear it, but for scentemental reasons I would never, ever sell it.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

smeller

Yes, scentemental, my 2006 bottle is the latest with ridged cap (third version).

I can say the last one is a second reformulation because I purchased the 2009 bottle in january (fourth version). Fortunately, I sold it, so my guilt is partially relieved.

Mine (2006) still has acceptable longevity and complexity, and that beautiful Fahrenheit feeling. The last one is very tamed and watered down to my nose.

Another noticeable difference between mine and the latest (with straight cap) is the "Fahrenheit eau de toilette" silver letters in the upper part of the box. The "straight cap" version has the "eau the toilette" written in red, in the center of the box.

The worst thing is there's only about 20 ml left of my bottle, so I stopped wearing it immediately after my sad "discovery".

I almost got expelled from a mall store once, just because I asked if they still had the carcinogenic version of Fahrenheit...

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post

Does your bottle and box correspond to photo immediately above (of the intermediate bottle and box) or does it correspond to the third and latest version of the bottle with the ridged cap? If it corresponds to the latest bottle (with ridged cap) and box, then it's clear that the latest bottle (with straight cap) and bottle is a second reformulation.

scentemental

As far as I know, there have been 3 reformulations.
    One was during the mid 90's.
    I found about the second reformulation by late 2007, early 2008. I remember smelling Fahrenheit V. 2 (or 3 I am not sure) at the begining of 2007.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I am unfamiliar with both the original version and the most recent reformulation, but I am trying to track down a bottle in the original packaging. It is disappointing to hear about the latest reformulation.

I have owned the third packaging of Fahrenheit for several years, and just today I bought the second version, the one scentemental believes is an intermediate packaging of the first reformulation.

I too believe this is correct. I have compared these side by side this evening for several hours, and can find no appreciable difference. I was hoping that this packaging might hold the original version, but no, it appears to be the same as that in the third design, which is the first reformulation.

I like this version very much, and am curious to know how it differs from the original. Can anyone describe these differences?

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 26th June 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I am unfamiliar with both the original version and the most recent reformulation, but I am trying to track down a bottle in the original packaging. It is disappointing to hear about the latest reformulation.

I have owned the third packaging of Fahrenheit for several years, and just today I bought the second version, the one scentemental believes is an intermediate packaging of the first reformulation.

I too believe this is correct. I have compared these side by side this evening for several hours, and can find no appreciable difference. I was hoping that this packaging might hold the original version, but no, it appears to be the same as that in the third design, which is the first reformulation.

I like this version very much, and am curious to know how it differs from the original. Can anyone describe these differences?

noggs
    I'll try to get a sample at Sephora next time I'm there and see how it stands up to the vintage.

Interesting thread. I have a new bottle of Fahrenheit purchased in '09 and I swear I cannot detect a single change from the scent I had in the early 90's - if anything, I think it's better.
    Peace ~ Markymark

@Markymark: do you mind posting a pic of your bottle and the box? I totally have to get the original fahrenheit, or the second reformulation would be great too. The new bottle is so linear. Latest reformulation = the drydown of fahrenheit after around 8 hours. Really not worth the money. And where did you buy it?

As Irish says, there was a reformulation earlier, sometime before 2000. I got through a few bottles of the original formulation back in the day and was shocked when a friend gave me a bottle which just wasn't the same.
    Of all the reformulations I know this is one of the worst. Its like someone removed Tom Jones's voice and replaced it with an x-factor wannabe.

Having said that, I had a severe allergic reaction while wearing it. To this day, I don't know for sure if it was caused by the farenheit (there was another possible factor - but I do think the frag was the most likely cause). If it was - I'm glad that ingredient has been restricted.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 9th December 2009 at 06:42 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

hello... im desperate to get the original one...
    i didnt get it yet, but smelled few times in my life, it is like in the movie "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer" with Jean-Baptiste Grenouille's parfum
    i got few bottles since 2000 i think, and i didnt find that real one...

here are the pictures of what i have and it IS REFORMULATED...

30 ml bottom:

50 ml bottom:

100 ml bottom (tester):

look, here under the label there is something like °10
    maybe it also does mean something...

10 ml bottle (0,34 fl.oz) has ref. 166157991

i made many other photos and i put them here (2,5 MB .zip file)

maybe this will help, but i think the best is to trust only to our noses, go to stores and check, week by week... maybe there will be some unofficial batch as i was suprised in 2005, because last time in 2005 i smelled in sephora the real Fahrenheit... i was stupid thinking that only tester could smell so right (to make customers fooled), and i wanted to buy for double price this used to 1/3 tester, but lady didnt want to sell it to me.. i was fool not to buy EDT, and next week tester was new and shitty (i mean the actual, reformuled ...)

anyone has the original Fahrenheit? i will pay double!;(
    Last edited by Bonis (Adonis); 2nd September 2010 at 09:34 PM.

Fahrenheit has been reformulated 3 times now. The second one, is just a less potent version of the first, with slight changes; while the third which was said to have been reformulated around 2006 is a much different juice. I have the 2nd and very little left, which I use very sparingly. The original vintage formula is amazing. the 2nd one has more of a slight melon note in the opening and mostly smells like motor oil. The first smells more of honeysuckle.

Either way, my favorite fragrance ever, I have yet to try the newest formulation of it, and I'm sort of afraid to because I don't want my image of this fragrance to change. I too would may double for a big 6.7 oz vintage! (that's 200+ bucks)

Today i made telephone call to Christian Dior, France
    and lady felt sorry with me, she was very sweet i must say...
    she understood my pain and said, that yes there have been reformulation in 2008, she didnt know about earlier ones, but after my telling stories she asked for my full name and e-mail and told that will put a feedback of what me and other people like us feel about it... gosh, the world's rinnin down, ecologists break into law and make everything upside down (f..kin IFRA !) i wonder when will they break into our pants and pass new bills out there! and very nerve-racking is the fact that 98% of people say that "this fragnance hasnt changed since the beginning" i wanna say to this kind of people "f..k you b.., you're blind!" even the woman might look the siexiest

when i will get the real one, i will go to all parfum shops that they thought im madman (thinking that Fahrenhit changed) and say: "you see? see? so it didnt changed??!?!? so who's dull and blind?" omg.. people pay the money it is not worth, really... and they think they have a good stuff

today i thought about writing a petition to Dior, from all of us, to make unofficial, first formula release (about 200 x 100ml) and i will get 10 of it, and we could ask for that every 10 years... not a bad idea, huh? then we will clean this forum about such a theme to make it underground and safe..
    Last edited by Bonis (Adonis); 2nd September 2010 at 10:27 PM.

i have a big bottle i bought in the early 90s, possibly late 80s. its here. im here...i never liked it too much... its here...

definatly bought it in 1988. i was 18, i remember wearing it to high school wondering if it was as strong as it seemed. it was. i was concerned it might be too strong and get me made fun of. anyway, i bought it the year it came out. private message me.

Having never smelled the original formulation, I will say that the current Fahrenheit is fabulous, and one of my desert island scents. I own two bottles: The latest version with the redesigned cap, and the version just prior, with the older-style cap and oakmoss among the listed ingredients (no oakmoss in the latest stuff). The older bottle seems slightly richer and warmer, but only by a thin, wispy hair. In a blind sniff I'm sure I'd confuse the two. I both do and don't want to smell the vintage formula, afraid I'll fall in love. Really, though, the current Fahrenheit is still better than almost everything else in the men's department. I want to be pickled in a vat of it when I die, but I'll settle for a gift set this Christmas.

I wore it way back when it first came out. I tried a spritz at Sephora a few weeks ago and was perplexed by what the new formulation smelled like. A scent can take you back in time in an instant. Not the newer Fahrenheit. This stuff was disconnected from that experience. The original formulation smelled kind of like SMN Nostalgia but with a powerful violet opening that sliced through the air, as I recall.
    Last edited by adonis; 17th September 2010 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Having never smelled the original formulation, I will say that the current Fahrenheit is fabulous, and one of my desert island scents. I own two bottles: The latest version with the redesigned cap, and the version just prior, with the older-style cap and oakmoss among the listed ingredients (no oakmoss in the latest stuff). The older bottle seems slightly richer and warmer, but only by a thin, wispy hair. In a blind sniff I'm sure I'd confuse the two. I both do and don't want to smell the vintage formula, afraid I'll fall in love. Really, though, the current Fahrenheit is still better than almost everything else in the men's department. I want to be pickled in a vat of it when I die, but I'll settle for a gift set this Christmas.
    So the version just prior with oakmoss that you are talking about.. Is that bottle and box design just prior to the last one. Which would be with the Eau De Toilette written just below Fahrenheit on the box?

Adonis wow i got to check this SMN Nostalgia! i smelled some similar scents to fahrenheit whih i liked too but dont know the names...
    I feel nostalgic when thinking of the real fahrenheit's smell... like if someone abducted my woman..
    BTW hehehe Adonis and me - nice to see you in such a rare subject

I think the old bottle that I have was purchased in 1991, but it's a spray, not a splash. The old EdT of Givenchy Gentleman was a splash and as far as I can tell, it still looks the same. So maybe it still is.

Hi! I found a new bottle of Fahrenheit in my dad's collection, and I'm not sure if it's legit or not, maybe you guys can help:
    It looks like the vintage bottle ( with Eau de toilette, Cristian Dior Paris written on it), smells like the real deal, BUT: it doesn't seem to be the longevity and sillage monster I've heard it was ( it does last for hours, but it mellows down quite quickly) + ( big plus) there's no serial code on the bottom. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Truth
    So the version just prior with oakmoss that you are talking about.. Is that bottle and box design just prior to the last one. Which would be with the Eau De Toilette written just below Fahrenheit on the box?
    Yes. Here is the bottle I purchased, the version with oakmoss:

The vintage bottle looks almost exactly the same, except the words "eau de toilette" are spaced more closely together:

Now here's the ironic part: I mentioned earlier that I'm unfamiliar with the vintage Fahrenheit, having only smelled the newer versions. But I just found out that my first-ever sniff of Fahrenheit, two years ago at a local department store, was of the vintage formula. I went back to the same store last week to inspect their tester bottle more closely, and...yup, it's the old bottle, the one in the second pic. (Why would they have such an old tester still sitting out? Beats me.) I sprayed it again, and was slapped in the face with the powerful, thick opening that my newer Fahrenheit bottles completely lack. But the heart of the fragrance, that familiar "Fahrenheit thing" - green, floral, gasoline/creosote, leather, musk - was exactly the same as that of my new bottles, although richer and meatier. So it turns out I am familiar with the old stuff, and it is better than the new...but not by miles. They both give me the same warm, cuddly feeling when I smell them, and they're both fantastic. I'd love a vintage bottle, but am more than happy with the current version. (What a relief!)

iceman_xx, even the vintage Fahrenheit softens considerably a few minutes after spraying, and I wouldn't consider it a sillage monster by any means. The sillage is considerable, but not tremendous.
    Last edited by subhuman85; 9th October 2010 at 09:42 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Judging from the pics, I had the Vintage formulation -- I was lucky to get my hands on a 200ml bottle with the Apres Rasage in 100ml and 50ml of the shower gel too, all for the unbeatable price of $16.50.

Believe it.
    Rub-in-face!

Yes. Here is the bottle I purchased, the version with oakmoss:

The vintage bottle looks almost exactly the same, except the words "eau de toilette" are spaced more closely together:

Now here's the ironic part: I mentioned earlier that I'm unfamiliar with the vintage Fahrenheit, having only smelled the newer versions. But I just found out that my first-ever sniff of Fahrenheit, two years ago at a local department store, was of the vintage formula. I went back to the same store last week to inspect their tester bottle more closely, and...yup, it's the old bottle, the one in the second pic. (Why would they have such an old tester still sitting out? Beats me.) I sprayed it again, and was slapped in the face with the powerful, thick opening that my newer Fahrenheit bottles completely lack. But the heart of the fragrance, that familiar "Fahrenheit thing" - green, floral, gasoline/creosote, leather, musk - was exactly the same as that of my new bottles, although richer and meatier. So it turns out I am familiar with the old stuff, and it is better than the new...but not by miles. They both give me the same warm, cuddly feeling when I smell them, and they're both fantastic. I'd love a vintage bottle, but am more than happy with the current version. (What a relief!)

iceman_xx, even the vintage Fahrenheit softens considerably a few minutes after spraying, and I wouldn't consider it a sillage monster by any means. The sillage is considerable, but not tremendous.
    I have tested side by side... The newst formulation with only Dior on the bottle to the one put out right before that with Eau De Toilette written the same lenth as Fahrenheit. ..Because my local department store had an older one... : 0 ) And, it is definitely as you said. But, how much of a difference is there between the two scents of the bottles you posted. (Vintage and one after.)

Like I said, not much difference, if any, in the actual scent - more of a difference in terms of strength, depth, and richness. The vintage has a much more powerful opening and a richer character overall, but the newest version, when actually worn and not sniffed compulsively on a wrist, offers the same base pleasure as the old stuff, and doesn't smell worlds apart. This is actually one case of a decent reformulation that maintains the spirit of the original while conforming to ingredient restrictions/trends of the times, etc.

Like I said, not much difference, if any, in the actual scent - more of a difference in terms of strength, depth, and richness. The vintage has a much more powerful opening and a richer character overall, but the newest version, when actually worn and not sniffed compulsively on a wrist, offers the same base pleasure as the old stuff, and doesn't smell worlds apart. This is actually one case of a decent reformulation that maintains the spirit of the original while conforming to ingredient restrictions/trends of the times, etc.
    I was asking the difference between the vintage and the one after. So the first two produced. Not between the first and last.

subhuman85, thanks for ur feedback!

It still bugs me that there's no serial code on the bottom of the bottle, does this mean it's a fake?

Thanks for the update. I was wondering why some of the newer reviews on this on YT would basically describe it as the same juice that I have. My bottle being bought in 2004-2005-ish. Apparently it has undergone a reformulation since then. I also owned this in its original vintage formula, the power and strength made it seem perfume quality/strength for sure.

I'm not gonna be super disappointed if they smell similar just one lacks in power and potency. If what makes Fahrenheit Fahrenheit is still there, then that's all that really matters. I guess with the times changing, a heavier version of Fahrenheit wouldn't appeal to the masses. It may seem like the masses want the heavier version, that being here on BN, but there are only a few of us, compared to everyday Joe's who stop by at Macy's for a bottle of Fahrenheit, wanting something truly different.

I have a 100ml bottle that I think dates from the 1990s. I just used it normally, before I knew of the world of fragrance aficionados. Now my 100ml bottle has only about 1/4 inch or maybe 50mm left--maybe 10ml or so? It still smells great, and it is very powerful. Here is a question: should I decant this small remainder into a smaller container to minimize oxidation/contact with air? I also have a 10ml bottle that also has just a few drops left, and it has changed into something that smells a bit like ether. Wouldn't want that to happen to the larger bottle. Any ideas for keeping it it in good condition?

I did a side by side comparison of the last two formulations. They are quite different. When I brought these two to the nose of the girl I normally do fragrance hunting with.. (Shes also a pretty good sniffer) She thought they were two different colognes at first. Think about that!
    We both came about that the newer version is sweeter, a little more soapy, and lighter.. as in not the same strength. However the strength of it in this case doesn't mean that the new one doesn't last as long. Because, in my testing I found they last the same. ..forever. lol But, through the length of my testing that evening, I also found that the newest version is also lighter.. as in.. isn't such the dark fragrance that Fahrenheit is supposed to be. It lacks the depth and richness, for sure; throughout the whole time wearing it. At first spray the new version has almost a bright feeling to it. More compared to the color at the bottom of the bottle.. Rather than the whole mysterious colored and unique bottle. It also can become almost cheapy smelling at times. I would like to not get this impression. But, I did. It can become cloying due to this; as well as it being sweeter, soapier, and brighter. Definitely brighter. It was also on the verge of giving me a headache at times.
    It is cleaner. Which is not what Fahrenheit is. It doesn't have as mossy and earthy of a vibe. And, the motor oil smell is cleaned up. It doesn't have as manly of a vibe.
    Does it have somewhat of similarity to the prior version?.. of course. The same as if you were drinking two different types of orange juice, they would both tast like orange juice.
    And, I have thought this might appeal more to the masses at first. But, think about this.. Even though, sales associates have no idea Fahrenheit has been reformulated. And, either way..wouldn't try to sell Fahrenheit to anyone. Lets say, if it were someone that just came into the store..Never heard of Fahrenheit. Or, someone that heard of it; and was coming in to smell everything that Fahrenheit was. ..If someone were to like Fahrenheit. The image that it portrays.. What it is.. That deep.. dirty..yet fresh smell. The smell of man. They would be loving everything about the fragrance that is still there. They would love everything thats supposed to be there. But, lucky for them.. They would never know what they were missing.

And, the lovers of Fahrenheit. Whatever prior version.. Well, you know what you are missing.

I have since then came back to this fragrance to try the newer version just by itself. As the search for an older bottle can be a pain and some what worrisome. As it seems, You may only be able to find on Ebay. However in wearing the newer version one time by itself to get full impression. Everything holds the same except it doesn't really get cloying. And, the other thing is that if you don't get a full whiff of it.. at times it resembles Curve. Which isn't a bad smell, but definitely somewhat known for being cheap. And, I think this may have been where I got the cheap vibe from it.
    It still is a wonderful scent and one of my favorites. Even more so if I never smelled ones prior. And, it definitely still beats out most of the colognes today.

And.. it definitely still is a favorite among women. real women.

I don't get the Curve comparison at all; it's like comparing L'Eau D'Issey to Shalimar. Curve is sweeter, "fresher", more citrusy, and far less woody/floral/leathery than Fahrenheit. But I'm glad to hear you like the new Fahrenheit on its own terms, as I do. Less vivid and rich than the old stuff, but the essence is still there, and it smells better the more you wear it.

I don't get the Curve comparison at all; it's like comparing L'Eau D'Issey to Shalimar. Curve is sweeter, "fresher", more citrusy, and far less woody/floral/leathery than Fahrenheit. But I'm glad to hear you like the new Fahrenheit on its own terms, as I do. Less vivid and rich than the old stuff, but the essence is still there, and it smells better the more you wear it.
    "L'Eau D'Issey to Shalimar" I wasn't comparing Fahrenheit to Curve smart ass. I was saying that "And, the other thing is that IF you don't get a full whiff of it.. at times it resembles Curve. Which isn't a bad smell, but definitely somewhat known for being cheap. And, I think this may have been where I got the cheap vibe from it" MEANING, in slight wisps of the new version of Fahrenheit ..(lets say you go to smell it on your arm even and you don't put your nose directly to the place you sprayed) ..you may.. amongst other things... get a similar to smell to Curve... due to the newest form of Fahrenheit being ..sweeter, "fresher", more citrusy, and far less woody/floral/leathery.

"At times it resembles Curve." That's a comparison. So you were in fact comparing the two, with a bunch of quantifiers ("if you don't get a full whiff of it", "only in slight wisps", etc.) that don't really matter. You think the new Fahrenheit resembles Curve at times, I disagree completely and can't fathom the comparison, thus my mention of Shalimar and L'Eau d'Issey as a kind of "apples and oranges" statement. I wasn't being a smart-ass, just using exaggeration to get across how completely different I find the two scents to be. Take it down a notch.

v v v

"At times it resembles Curve." That's a comparison. So you were in fact comparing the two, with a bunch of quantifiers ("if you don't get a full whiff of it", "only in slight wisps", etc.) that don't really matter. You think the new Fahrenheit resembles Curve at times, I disagree completely and can't fathom the comparison, thus my mention of Shalimar and L'Eau d'Issey as a kind of "apples and oranges" statement. I wasn't being a smart-ass, just using exaggeration to get across how completely different I find the two scents to be. Take it down a notch.
    I wouldn't "compare" Curve to Fahrenheit. It's just a way to try to tell someone else a smell that is there as well as the normal smell of Fahrenheit.
    You used Shalimar and L'eau D'Issey as bitchy exaggeration. Don't be such a prissy snob. It's unneccesary. Don't make people hate the fragrance community.

...Especially when you didn't even get much of a difference between versions.

You dramatically misread the intention behind my post, you started name-calling, slinging attitude, and declaring me a "prissy snob" without evidence...and now you're busting my balls for being the kind of poster that gives this community a bad name? Get some fresh air or something, you're making an ass of yourself.

You dramatically misread the intention behind my post, you started name-calling, slinging attitude, and declaring me a "prissy snob" without evidence...and now you're busting my balls for being the kind of poster that gives this community a bad name? Get some fresh air or something, you're making an ass of yourself.
    What you need to do is when you are speaking to someone else.. Make sure you aren"t coming off like an arrogant prude. I'm not making an ass myself. I am simply trying to the in their place one of the fluffy bitches that scares people away from the fragrance community. Just because their is a slight possiblity you didn't "mean" to come off like a bitch.. Doesnt mean others don't take you that way. And, I could care less for a rebuttle. Straighten up.

lol

For real, back to point. Anyone know where I can find the box with "Eau De Toilette" written in silver.

eBay.

IM SORRY DID THAT SOUND BITCHY? HOPE I DONT SCARE OFF ANY NEWBS TO THE FORUM WITH MY LEGENDARY BITCHINESS.

eBay.

IM SORRY DID THAT SOUND BITCHY? HOPE I DONT SCARE OFF ANY NEWBS TO THE FORUM WITH MY LEGENDARY BITCHINESS.
    Again, no need for the sarcasm. You could just exit stage right.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    As Irish says, there was a reformulation earlier, sometime before 2000. I got through a few bottles of the original formulation back in the day and was shocked when a friend gave me a bottle which just wasn't the same.
    Of all the reformulations I know this is one of the worst. Its like someone removed Tom Jones's voice and replaced it with an x-factor wannabe.

Having said that, I had a severe allergic reaction while wearing it. To this day, I don't know for sure if it was caused by the farenheit (there was another possible factor - but I do think the frag was the most likely cause). If it was - I'm glad that ingredient has been restricted.
    You had a sever allergic reaction to the original, but you still went through a few bottles?

Yes, scentemental, my 2006 bottle is the latest with ridged cap (third version).

I can say the last one is a second reformulation because I purchased the 2009 bottle in january (fourth version). Fortunately, I sold it, so my guilt is partially relieved.

Mine (2006) still has acceptable longevity and complexity, and that beautiful Fahrenheit feeling. The last one is very tamed and watered down to my nose.

Another noticeable difference between mine and the latest (with straight cap) is the "Fahrenheit eau de toilette" silver letters in the upper part of the box. The "straight cap" version has the "eau the toilette" written in red, in the center of the box.

The worst thing is there's only about 20 ml left of my bottle, so I stopped wearing it immediately after my sad "discovery".

I almost got expelled from a mall store once, just because I asked if they still had the carcinogenic version of Fahrenheit...
    carcinogenic? I never heard anything about it causing cancer. I think that would have been more well known.

Arrow Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

Fahrenheit.jpg

What version of Fahrenheit is this ? Never seen this before...
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggy1 View Post
    Fahrenheit.jpg

What version of Fahrenheit is this ? Never seen this before...
    That would contain the newest formulation I believe. And, its a travel version.

I've been wearing fahrenheit for about 13 years. I didn't notice any strong change.

If it's my novice nose, I'm thankful for it.

Original Fahrenheit has Honeysuckle in the top notes, making it floral and more gentle (or feminine) than the current one. Unfortunately it dries down to an ozonic accord base which is so common in the early 90s.

I like the base of current Fahrenheit but it's missing the floral note - now it just smells like petrol, sandalwood and leather. I believe the culprit for the new formulation is Oakmoss which is now a banned substance in perfumery, but why did they removed the honeysuckle?

what version of fahrenheit am i owning?

a friends gave this to me, he have a headache when using this (he hate the gasoline smell).. no box though..

Blackice, I believe you have the first reformulated version, which came in the "intermediate" box as shown by the third image in scentemental's post #11 above.

It could be an original version, but I believe the extra info on the bottom of the bottle means that it is later than that. Usually, when dating fragrances, the more information and more detailed list of ingredients on the box and bottles means a later date. In the old days they didn't put a lot of info about the fragrances on the boxes or bottles.