Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit?

Blackice, I can't say for sure what formulation that is, but I can say it's from the 2000-2006 era, because I bought 2 bottles in that time frame, and still own one of them, which is the same exact design. Only mine is a 6.7 oz, so the words are a little more spread. Arguably, there have been 3-5 formulations of Fahrenheit.

I can't tell by yours for sure though, but it looks like the color of the bottle fades a little bit at the bottom. If ya hold it p in the light.. the bottle's glass is pretty much 1 color except for the bottom portion (about an inch in height on the 6.7 oz)

The one you have there, same that I have.. goes on with a quick melon burst. This disappears within seconds before the honeysuckle and violet comes in, and the motor oil or petroleum accord. I get that smell for the remainder pretty much, and it just fades that way. Sadly, it doesn't last as long as I'd like.. 6-8 hours. Sometimes I get more if I spray it on my clothing, but when comparing this to the original, the petroleum note was much more powerful and the longevity was well over 12 hours.

Hello there expert basenoters, just a quick question from a relative 'newbie' on the fragrance scene...

I purchased a Fahrenheit a while back (LOVE IT by the way) but I am not sure what version it is or indeed even if it is genuine! Any help would be appreciated so pics below!

Cast your experienced minds on the pics and please let me know if you can gauge anything from them... Thank you!

Thank you once again in advance..

Quick bump just in case... Sry!

Can you upload your images at other place, like photobucket??

Imageshack was great, but do the mistake to need the local of exibition to be registered...Idiot market, no1 use it anymore.

It's the current bottle/formula, and genuine.

Banned

The older formula Fahrenheits came in a blue and red box - the newer Fahrenheits are in the all-red box.

I have a 100ml bottle. It was the first bottle that appeared for sale in the U.S. so I guess it would be called vintage but it wouldn't matter what type it was as I would have bought the stuff at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    It's the current bottle/formula, and genuine.
    Thank you for that confirmation.. The box just looked a bit 'papery' and cheap which may not make sense but needed clarification anyhow!

don't mean to hj the thread...
    i recently got 100ml & 200ml "splash" bottles of Fahrenheit EdT on eBay but wonder because i've never seen such bottles. top notes have less petroleum notes than my atomized bottle, and smell more similar to the "mini" bottle. all the "splash" bottles smell similar enough but seems different from the spray bottle.

has anyone seen these bottles before?? can someone please confirm authenticity? any help/details would be greatly appreciated. serial numbers on bottom stickers match those stamped on base of the glass bottles itself.. bottles, at least, look authentic.

tia ~

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSheedah View Post
    Thank you for that confirmation.. The box just looked a bit 'papery' and cheap which may not make sense but needed clarification anyhow!
    I am sorry but in my opinion your bottle looks off I would go to a location and test the fragrance with one you know is legit. Because frankly in my opinion the bottle looks fake the lettering is off and the sprayer looks off also main because where it sprays is white all the current ones I have seen are black. Just my opinion...
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. - Sir Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by codehorror View Post
    I am sorry but in my opinion your bottle looks off I would go to a location and test the fragrance with one you know is legit. Because frankly in my opinion the bottle looks fake the lettering is off and the sprayer looks off also main because where it sprays is white all the current ones I have seen are black. Just my opinion...
    Hiya...You are actually correct... I purchased a Fahrenheit from a fellow BNer and the one I posted pics of above is definitely not genuine... The 'Dior' on the bottom of the bottle was just TOO low down on the bottle (if that makes any sense) when compared to any of the originals I have seen... Furthermore the actual fragrance seemed to disappear after a few hours and there was a major difference between this one and the one I purchased from here... I think what threw me was the fact it had matching serial numbers on the bottom and the box but I guess that could be faked also...

One final thing (which may seem a minor detail) is that if you look at the pic of the box, the 'Dior' lettering is actually not in the centre; it is more towards the right as you look at it.. I guess all the little things add up!

Hiya...You are actually correct... I purchased a Fahrenheit from a fellow BNer and the one I posted pics of above is definitely not genuine...
    Yeah I can see all the detail flaws you mentioned, these crooks that sell these fake bottles are sneaky. Its in the small little details that you pointed out where you can tell it is fake visually, but of course as good of a good that they may do on the looks and cosmetics of the bottle the proof is always in the juice because try as they might they will never be able to copy the quality of the fragrance. I am glad to see you got yourself a legit bottle from someone on here.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. - Sir Oscar Wilde

As I've said before in another thread, I'm pretty sure that the first digit of the serial number at the bottom of the bottle/box indicates the year of production. I have various bottles of Fahrenheit here and the first digit always matches the year when I purchased that particular bottle. For example:

4M01 = bought in 2004
    7G05 = bought in 2007
    0W03 = bought in 2010*
    6D01 = Fahrenheit Summer 2006
    2L01 = Fahrenheit 0 Degree (from 2002)

* In 2010, they seemed to start with 0 again. It also seems that before the year 2000, they used a five digit serial number ... the first two digits being the year of production.

I am well aware that there are some anomalies in existance, with serial numbers that can't possibly match the production date ... I don't know how they fit in here, but my theory works perfectly with all the different Fahrenheits that I own.

Quote Originally Posted by blackice View Post
    what version of fahrenheit am i owning?

a friends gave this to me, he have a headache when using this (he hate the gasoline smell).. no box though..
    This bottle must be VERY old! They've been using the five digit serial codes in the early years only. Also, the alcohol content hasn't been stated on the bottle for ages. I have a bottle from 1999 which has a four digit number and doesn't state the alcohol content, so yours must be older.

you know what..i received a bottle of fahrenheit today and i got confused because it looked vintage but it didnt have the strong top note i associate with the formula from mid-90s to mid 2000s...now i read your quote and it seems to me that my bottle as well as all of your splashes are the very first fahrenheit formula and your spray bottle is relatively newer formula...one another thing i noticed that the bottom of my bottom is like your splashes (you notice a embossed ring in splashes which is absent from spray and like your splashes my spray also shoes 1987 as manufacturing date and its petroleum note is not as strong as i thought it would be...

The best way to identify a true vintage is the pressurized aerosol spray. I have a bottle that was purchased immediately when it was first launched in 1988. Others that i bought subsequently all have the normal kind of spray mechanism (even those with the yellow strip on the boxes). I find the leather notes too domineering in the newer versions. Vintage ones are more well blended (ie. less leather and more violet/vetiver?)... imho.
    Last edited by dark phoenix 123; 23rd February 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Having said that, I had a severe allergic reaction while wearing it. To this day, I don't know for sure if it was caused by the farenheit (there was another possible factor - but I do think the frag was the most likely cause). If it was - I'm glad that ingredient has been restricted.
    I have two 50 ml vintage bottles here right now ... one causes me an allergic reaction, the other doesn't.

are the bottles in 2005 vintage or the second formulation

They both came in the red/gold/blue vintage boxes, but they must be from different time periods. The batch codes are of a different pattern and the inscriptions on the boxes are slightly different (text on the bottom, warnings). The one that causes the allergic reaction also states the alcohol content on the bottom of the bottle.

Hello Basenoters! First post here!
    Well, i must say that Fahrenheit was first (and only so far) fragrance that blew me away on first sniff! Since then i was able to purchase one bottle from every reformulation till now (im only missing the very first formulation from 1988). And heck, i can say that i really like the current formulation because i just love that "gasoline smell" that comes biting at you!

I still remember the first time I smelled fahrenheit it was love at first sniff and i have been addicted ever since. I like the current formulation but i love the vintage 1987 formulation.

Quote Originally Posted by codehorror View Post
    I still remember the first time I smelled fahrenheit it was love at first sniff and i have been addicted ever since. I like the current formulation but i love the vintage 1987 formulation.
    My earlier formulation is from 1990, so pretty close to the original one i suppose, and its really classy, the violet parades around for a while and only later comes a more deep gasoline note. But hey, i like the present loud all-out-war gasoline note! Maybe because im into heavy metal! \m/ eheh! Actually i dont like "in your face" fragrances with loud notes since i relate those to the "clubbing croud" (and im too, too old for that stuff, heck, even when i was younger i wasnt into that,eheh)...But i see the "loudness" on Fahrenheit's gasoline note as something with a totally different vibe.... Its really the 1stScentOfHell! >

I think I have stumbled across a Vintage Fahrenheit. It's the old style bottle and box, and the code on the bottle and box (7823M) when entered into checkcosmetic.net reveals that it was manufactured in 1987! I have messaged Dior to confirm this information. It smells great! But I am selling it on e-bay (Item number: 260970200164) and it ends this Friday. Do I have something worth more than the typical? Or is the value diminished because of the age?

you are from Broken Arrow i went to East Central University for few years in Ada and then transferred to OU in Norman

I've lived in Broken Arrow for 10+ years - LOVE it!

i went to ECU from 2001 to 2003 and then transferred to OU, Norman where i completed undergrad and then Masters

Dependent

hey stuigi, wanna borrow my

When there was the first refolmulation of Fahrenheit?
    I have a bottle in old packing, and a code at the bottom 6u143 - 1996 year.
    It can be the original?

Could anyone date my bottle please? Sorry, I don't have the box. Checkcosmetics dates it at 1987 (but I'm not sure if that's right), one year before it was released. Could this be the original formula?

21207140564585_460.jpg

21207140564585_839.jpg
    Last edited by morrison74; 11th November 2012 at 04:42 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I'd say it's from 1989, if it's real ... the way the batch code is printed seems a little too perfect to me. Are you sure it's not a fake?

Quote Originally Posted by osoblanco View Post
    I'd say it's from 1989, if it's real ... the way the batch code is printed seems a little too perfect to me. Are you sure it's not a fake?
    I don't have the bottle yet- it's on it's way to me. I certainly hope it's not a fake.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I don't have the bottle yet- it's on it's way to me. I certainly hope it's not a fake.
    Good luck, then! I think the colour of the bottle looks a little strange as well, but that could be just the picture.

Anyway, the five digit batch codes had been in use up until 1997/98. With the newer four digit batchcodes, the year of production can be told by the first digit (a number). In the nineties the codes were printed in white/silver, from the year 2000 onwards they were black.

As for the five digit codes, I have one that starts with a 7 and according to the leaflet inside the box it is from 1997. So I assume that in those cases the first digit refers to the year of production as well. If that's true, yours must be from 1989 because in 1999 the four digit codes were already in use.

Good luck, then! I think the colour of the bottle looks a little strange as well, but that could be just the picture.

Anyway, the five digit batch codes had been in use up until 1997/98. With the newer four digit batchcodes, the year of production can be told by the first digit (a number). In the nineties the codes were printed in white/silver, from the year 2000 onwards they were black.

As for the five digit codes, I have one that starts with a 7 and according to the leaflet inside the box it is from 1997. So I assume that in those cases the first digit refers to the year of production as well. If that's true, yours must be from 1989 because in 1999 the four digit codes were already in use.
    Thank you for the info ^. Very informative!

Wanted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christian-...p2047675.l2557

any opinions on the above 'Vintage' Fahrenheit ?

thanks

ask for a picture of the serial number on the box and bottle to check for authenticity

This has been an interesting read. I don't know if it has anything to do with the reformulation or not, but I remember not liking Fahrenheit when it was released. I was in high school as well, and was very into Drakkar at the time But I am completely infatuated and addicted to it now though.

I bought two 200 ml testers bottles of Dior Fahrenheit, in Check Cosmetics they say that's produced in 1987!!

But Fahrenheit was launched in 1988, is that possible???

Did i find a some real vintage!!

Someone can help me?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by mdclx View Post
    I bought two 200 ml testers bottles of Dior Fahrenheit, in Check Cosmetics they say that's produced in 1987!!

Someone can help me?
    Database error?

Banned
    Blog Entries

it's been reformulated a dozen times probably

Quote Originally Posted by mdclx View Post

Someone can help me?

Thanks,
    Forget checkcosmetics, it's really good for nothing! I still have to figure out how the five-digit-batch-codes work, but I think the year can also be told by the first digit. That would mean that your bottle is from 1993. I have one starting with a 7, which according to the leaflet inside the box is from 1997.

Oh how I would love to get my hands on any bottle prior to 2006! The drydown of Fahrenheit is sublime!

Hello there expert basenoters, just a quick question from a relative 'newbie' on the fragrance scene...

I purchased a Fahrenheit a while back (LOVE IT by the way) but I am not sure what version it is or indeed even if it is genuine! Any help would be appreciated so pics below!

Cast your experienced minds on the pics and please let me know if you can gauge anything from them... Thank you!

Thank you once again in advance..
    Looks authentic. I would say a mid 2007 batch.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants. - LT

I picked up this little 5ml mini at an estate sale last year. The asking price was just $8 bucks. The prior owner estimated a time of purchase c. 1990. No lot label to check against. The lettering on the bottle is a bit worn from years of storage. The scent itself is like petroleum heaven. One of my best finds from last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants. - LT

Being a mini and petrol bomb I doubt its a fake.

Guys, hi!
    Being a fan of Fahrenheit i just got the travel set 3*15 ml in old colors (red/yellow/blue). But the batch code says 1C01 which is 2011 based on checkcosmetics. It could not be the right information as its old package and vintage one.
    Do you have any idea about Dior batch code assignment logic?
    thanks
    ed

Quote Originally Posted by EDJA View Post
    Guys, hi!
    Being a fan of Fahrenheit i just got the travel set 3*15 ml in old colors (red/yellow/blue). But the batch code says 1C01 which is 2011 based on checkcosmetics. It could not be the right information as its old package and vintage one.
    Do you have any idea about Dior batch code assignment logic?
    thanks
    ed
    It's from 2001.

It's from 2001.
    thanks a lot

Hey!
    I found this tester bottle on the net and im wandering if its genuine.
    It has no cap, as u can see in the pics, and the owner told me the batch code is something like 9701. I haven't heard about codes like that till now. Maybe its something special made for testers?

I attach you some photos as well.

Thanks in advance!f1.JPGf2.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Popa View Post
    Hey!
    It has no cap, as u can see in the pics, and the owner told me the batch code is something like 9701. I haven't heard about codes like that till now. Maybe its something special made for testers?

that batch code is not 9701 but probably 9Z01, anyway it should be year 2009.
    check the home-made Christian Dior date calculator here:
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...tian-dior.html
    Raiders of the Lost Scent: Journey in the Realm of Lost Perfumes
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.it.

Hey!

It could be a legit tester, but it's definitely not vintage.

what intrigues me is the white atomizer. shouldnt be in black?

what intrigues me is the white atomizer. shouldnt be in black?
    That's just white cardboard to protect the sprayer when a bottle has no cap which is not unusual with testers.

no, i mean the little dot from which the juice comes out.

Sorry I see what you mean, the photo was distracting me.lol

I have checked both my bottles of Fahrenheit and they are black and not white. Maybe someone else can chime in if they have or have seen the white dot on the sprayer of old/new bottles.

Thanks for your answer!
    I will wait someone else's opinion as well!

Thanks a lot!

Don't like the original Fahrenheit at all, but if i found a real vintage bottle could well buy it, just for collection's sake.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

My bottle is from 2010. Does it qualify as vintage? If not, how do you guys think this formulation stack against the others? Lasts and projects like a beast...

I was given a bottle by a friend having a clear out. The box is still sealed but it is 50ml with a black, red and yellow box and in the yellow it says e50 ml. Tried adding a photo but could not get it to work, Is it likely this is a vintage bottle?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripjean View Post
    I was given a bottle by a friend having a clear out. The box is still sealed but it is 50ml with a black, red and yellow box and in the yellow it says e50 ml. Tried adding a photo but could not get it to work, Is it likely this is a vintage bottle?

Thanks
    Seems to be vintage, the box you are describing was in use up to the year 2000 (give or take a year). To tell the exact year you'll need the batch code from the bottom of the box.

The code is 8G03. Just been doing a bit of research and according to an article on an old perfumes forum this is 1998 so hopefully vintage (Check fresh says 2008 but not sure this is correct)