Code of Conduct

Default Narcisse flower in perfume?

I believe that narcisse flowers has one of the best smell for springtime (and cold summer too, as in my case).
    I`d love to wear some cologne or perfume that is close to the scent of the flower. Bitter, green, fresh-flowery, and slightly indolic. Not loud is OK, but I seek for good longevity.

The problem is - Narcisse absolute has different smell - dusty and muted, not fresh and bloming.
    I hope that amongst enlightened Basenoters there are some Narcisse-lovers who found his-hers Perfect Narcisse Flower in perfume. Please, share its name with me!

PS
    So far I tried Je Reviens Worth, Christopher Brosius M2, Narcissus L`Artisan Parfumeur and Narcissus by Ombre de Flores FRESH. The last is most satisfying choice, but it is discontinued and is very fleeting.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default Re: Narcisse flower in perfume?

Chanel No 19? It has narcissus in there and sounds a bit like what you're after.

Thanks for suggestion, tott

As far as I could recall, it is citrus-galbanum in start and powdery rose-iris in heart, with chypre sillage. And EDT was more cold glassy, while EDP was velvety...
    I beware that it is not the thing I want from ideal narcisse.

Anyway, I`ll try it once again to prove it.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I know Santa Maria Novella makes a Narcissus soliflore scent (and also a triple extract if I'm right) but I never happened to smell it.
    Btw, I really like the narcissus smell too and would really like to smell it as a main note in a scent. I know you like vol de nuit too and it has a nice jonquil note: too bad it doesn't last that much in the development.
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 25th June 2009 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    I know Santa Maria Novella makes a Narcissus soliflore scent (and also a triple extract if I'm right) but I never happened to smell it.
    Btw, I really like the narcissus smell too and would really like to smell it as a main note in a scent. I know you like vol de nuit too and it has a nice jonquil note: too bad it doesn't last that much in the development.
    Oh, Magnifiscent, thank you for reminding about Italian perfumery!
    Santa Maria Novella with Narcissus soliflore sounds good - somehow I`ll get my hands on it (or someone will write ones impressions about it) while i`m not sure if it would be a real flower scent.
    I`ve been in apothecary in Rome, and smelled a lot there (Nostalgia and Iris were added in my collection to Vetiver and Peau d`Espagne) but I do not remember the scent of it. Based on my impression of Iris triple extrait, Narcissus SMN could be more oriented onto narcissus absolute (than real flower scent) - but nose will tell the last word.

Yes, VdN has some dusty-green narcissus note, with powdery, balsam and animalic notes, and while I love the perfume (also I quite like Narcisse by L`Artisan), it is not the scent I`m looking for this time. Maybe vintage parfum has this note more pronounced? I do not know - my parfum is from 1992 year.

Btw, maybe you know any other Italian brands Narcisses? Il Profumo, Profumo di Firenze, Profumum, or other?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

What about Parfums de Nicolai's Le Temps d'Une Fete?

Thanks, sofresh, I`ve never tried it.
    Let`s believe I like it
    Could you describe it - if you have a chance to try it on your skin?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default Narcisse flower in perfume?

I dont know but maybe ...

La Chasse Aux Papillones , Narcissus - Tuberose perfume ?

I think it containes notes of Narcissus but not shure ...

anyone can confirm ?

Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

i have no idea how the flower smells...but i guess it smells like Carons Narcisse Noir...which is an extremely well made floral..