Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a cheaper alternative to Creed.

Good evening all,

First post here, and wondering if one of you could help me find a cheaper alternative to one of my favorites. I am a fan of Creeds Virgin Island Water, but as most of you know, the price tag is quite high. I have decided to go back to school full time so my pockets are low on cash. I recently ran out of my Creed and am now in search of something similar but cheaper. Don't know how true this is, but I have heard that Cool Water resembles Irish Tweed and I am hoping there is something out there that is like Virgin Island Water, but cheaper. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Looking for a cheaper alternative to Creed.

I think it may be Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts, and also B&BW's Coconut Lime Verbena, but I'm not sure (I don't like these kinds of frags).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I think it may be Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts, and also B&BW's Coconut Lime Verbena, but I'm not sure (I don't like these kinds of frags).
    I didn't think TB Set Sail resembled Virgin Island at all. I smelled it at Ross recently and did not like it. I read a review which said Marc Jacobs for Men is similar, can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by freakzilla310; 26th June 2009 at 04:15 AM.
    Strong to the finish cause I eats me spinach.

Was ready to post Cool Water.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by freakzilla310 View Post
    I didn't think TB Set Sail resembled Virgin Island at all. I smelled it at Ross recently and did not like it. I read a review which said Marc Jacobs for Men is similar, can anyone confirm this?
    IMO, TB Set Sail St. Barts for Men resembles Virgin Island Water more then Marc Jacobs for Men.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by freakzilla310 View Post
    .. find a cheaper alternative to one of my favorites
    I have two thoughts: (a) Will you be happy with a fragrances that is similar to, but surely not the same, as a Favorite? Lower expense, but less satisfaction? (b) Do you need a full bottle at this time? Lower expense but equal satisfaction. (Decants are possible.)

Millesim imperial - Unforgivable
    GIT - Cool water
    Vetiver Oritental - Mugler cologne
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Jo Malone's Sweet Lime and Cedar might be worth trying. Judging from the reviews, the coconut isn't as prominent, but for summer one could always layer it with suntan lotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hob Dobson View Post
    Jo Malone's Sweet Lime and Cedar might be worth trying.
    If the objection to Creed is that it is too expensive, then Jo Malone will be too expensive as well.

I second the Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena. You may find that you like it better!

Marc Jacobs and VIW both have that coconut note, but they're done in very different ways. There isn't a mass market copy of it yet I'm afraid.

I remember smelling some Tommy Bahamas with coconut notes, but none of them really impressed me, so I didn't try to remember their names. They all dried down to the same soapy base :/

Quote Originally Posted by awayalonealong View Post
    I have two thoughts: (a) Will you be happy with a fragrances that is similar to, but surely not the same, as a Favorite? Lower expense, but less satisfaction? (b) Do you need a full bottle at this time? Lower expense but equal satisfaction. (Decants are possible.)
    This is a good suggestion, but where can I buy a half bottle from?
    Strong to the finish cause I eats me spinach.

Next time you're at a department store, try out the Sean John line. They were inspired (ripped off) from Creed scents.

Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    Next time you're at a department store, try out the Sean John line. They were inspired (ripped off) from Creed scents.
    I never knew that, thanks! i'll be checking out whatever SJs are available here