Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Friday 26 June

Tangerine Vert
    Miller Harris

Not the most unique perfume but it works like a fragrant shower in this warm and humid weather
    certainly when you keep it chilled in the fridge

Notes: Sicilian green tangerines, grapefruit, citron, marjoram, geranium, orange flower, cedar, moss, musk

Have a great Friday....
    Last edited by Riannon; 26th June 2009 at 09:13 AM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Friday 26 June

In Apres L'Ondee again. Happy Friday everyone

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Yves Saint Laurent Nu EDP.

Top notes: bergamot and cardamom
    Middle notes: pepper, orchid and jasmine
    Base notes: sandalwood, musk and vetiver

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday 26 June

SERGE LUTENS 'S GRIS CLAIR
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Drama Nuui ( or something written along those lines) by PG
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Diorella - Christian Dior

got my Jicky on today. one spritz to each wrist is all it takes.
    this is like taking my own atmosphere along with me wherever I go.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Checked to make sure and there are no birthdays for me to miss today.

Day 5 of my $100 Fragrance Wardrobe challenge finds me in Armand Basi Homme which is available from Fragranceshop.com for 24.95 in the 4.2oz EDT. This brings my five-day total to $89.74 which gives me room for one more scent tomorrow to close out my version.

Armand Basi Homme

I hold a soft spot in my heart for masculine orientals. Calvin Klein Obsession for Men and YSl Opium pour Homme were two of my early favorites in this category but those are powerhouse scents and there are times I want that oriental feeling but without the volume turned up to full. For those times I turn to Armand Basi Homme which was created by Olivier Cresp in 2000 for the Spanish designer. Armand Basi Homme is like switching from the hard-rock radio station to the adult contemporary station on your radio. There is still some music that rocks but there are some more soothing quieter moments to guide you through your day. M. Cresp has created an oriental which manages to capture all the construction hallmarks of the class without taking over the room. This scent is closer in style to Obsession for Men than Opium pour Homme. If you like the feel of Obsession I think it likely you’ll like this one, too. The top of Armand Basi Homme blows in on the lightest of spices particularly an application of cardamom and cinnamon mixed with a lavender. The floral component shifts in the heart to lily of the valley along with the sweeter of the spices nutmeg and tonka. When I first wore this it felt like this scent was headed firmly towards gourmand territory but the base stays pure oriental. The base takes a woody turn with a mix of cedar, guaiac and sandalwood. The sweet theme of the heart is echoed in some presence of vanilla but the base is a woody wonderland most of all. Because the volume is turned down Armand Basi Homme tends to be a closer wearing scent than other orientals but its longevity is quite good despite being so close wearing. So for those days when your scent radio is more attuned to Matchbox 20 than Blink-182 give Armand Basi Homme a spin on your scent radio dial.

Have a Funny Friday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

Off to the gym in Hermès Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

top notes: grapefruit, orange
    middle notes: rose, rhubofix (a green rhubarb note)
    base notes: vetiver

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Nana DeBary Bronze today.

TGI Friday! :bounce:

I'm in Coco Mademoiselle.

It's hot and humid already this morning. I'm glad I walked the dog early. I'm wearing Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise this morning. I was surprised to discover that I like this best in warm weather. It always felt a bit chilly to me in cool weather (not a bad thing), but now it's blooming in the heat & humidity, and I'm finally getting its lush tropical character. It's really very nice!

Happy Friday!

Bulgari Black didn't last very long on me this morning so switched to JPG Classique and Lalique Amethyste. I smell good

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Zino Davidoff today. Summer swelter already in June...
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    ..... Summer swelter already in June...
    Yeah RULLY.
    What's August gonna be like???

Ah well...stay in the "NOW"....think I'll search out that sample of Pino Silvestre you sent me a while back, Ken. SMM talked about it a couple days ago and somehow Pinesol seems just the right note for this already hot day.....

Then maybe I'll segue into something woodsy/watery....will report......
    Last edited by TaoLady; 26th June 2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Needed S P A C E
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hiya!
    I'm house twins with Riannon in Miller Harris' Coeur d'Ete from a little sample Nukapai sent me (Thanks, hon!). It's not my style, but it's still a good perfume and it's very pleasant to wear. I'm not much of a floral gal and this is pretty flowery. I would call the topnote Mimosa, but I'm probably wrong. . Hang on, I'll go find the notes...
    From the Miller Harris website:
    "Cœur d'Été was created by Lyn Harris during the early stages of her pregnancy when her already acute sense of smell became heightened. Needing something to nurture her senses she created this very pure scent made up of flowers: white lilac, cassie and heliotrope, blended with unusual ingredients such as chocolate bean, banana and liquorice. A joy to wear, this scent keeps getting better and better as you wear it."

Hey, wadya know? I recognised it was flowers, at least!!! Looking forward to the choco-banana back end. That should be fun.

Had an idyllic afternoon with Small yesterday, picking berries in the garden. We have a glut of redcurrants at the moment and the neighbours are away, so I thought I'd better pick them rather than letting the slugs have them. Of course, this now means I have to do something with them. Redcurrant jelly is the obvious answer, and it's so delicious with lamb! So that will be us at some point this weekend. Possibly tonight even, if I can summon the energy to wander up to the shop and buy sugar. (I think we probably will - we'll get cabin fever otherwise!) I should point out that I've never made a preserve in my life, so this should be interesting! Thank heavens for Delia Smith's cookbook. I mean, nothing can go wrong with a Delia, can it???

Excuse me, I must go down to the basement to see if I have enough jamjars in my collection of things that should have gone to the reycling but I've been too idle to load into the car...
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Malle, Day 2: Une Rose has the longest development of any of the Malles I own. I can wear it for 24 hours and I'm still not sure that it has completed the cycle. As most of you know, Une Rose opens big, with a damp red rose note already in its full bloom. There are a lot of reviews available that discuss what it does next as it eventually recedes back to soil via a semi-dank truffle note. There is also the "days of wine and roses" heart expressed by the dregs of the bottle, ever so slightly regretfully.

In this middle stage, I am struck by a reference to Habanita, Molinard's Jazz Era response to the blowsy, powdery Orientals of the 1920s. Somewhere near the top of the drydown, woods/amber remind me of Tann Rokka Aki. By this time, the rose is long gone.

A day after application, Une Rose is still present. In its subdued form, minus any floral and with a greatly reduced amber-type accord, it is the most marvelous skin scent. Late stages are earthy and nearly bitter and yet "clean" in the way loam smells clean, perhaps even with a small hint of soap.

Une Rose represents a category of rose (organic) that I prefer to bouquet rose or corsage rose. It has a movement and a wildness the other categories do not. The slight sourness of the base is not off-putting to me, yet I can see where it might be to others. Because of the long development, I enjoy this scent more than I do some of my other roses that grow tiresome over time or that have to be pretty because rose is supposed to be romantic.

Annam by Tan Giudicelli for me today ~ milk, lily, tuberose, rice, and rare woods

Orion- you're talking my favorites, also Terry's...!
    Terry- I wanna be with you.
    Wordielein- kisses to you and Small; love to read about your latest shenanigans.
    SMM- may your day go well, my beauty.
    Chaya2- who loves you ?
    Bri-Brielle- smelling fine, you lanky cutie.

OFF WITH MY HEAD !
    Genug mit migraine.
    FEH.
    I cancelled a delightful treip to Providence to see the most restful, lovely, adorable Doradear [ my name for a great Sniffa-gal], due to an inability to walk straight and throbbing.
    FEH, quoth the Meisterlingesse.
    Tant pis, emphasis on the 'pis'

If I've missed anything, please forgive.
    I love you all like cheese.
    And I waft the new EL PC Jasmine White Moss, unashamedly...
    I wanna DRINK this- it is a winner.
    Diorella made mad love to Cristalle, and looky wha happen....

Adios.
    Fioricet calls....

Gotta get 'right' before another 24-28 hours at Ze Madhouse this w/e- aka, work.
    MWAH.

sotd:
    Tom Ford
    Amber Absolute

Chaya, I'm awfully sorry about that migraine you're suffering! It's still with you, eh? I've had those before and they are truly awful. I can't do anything but lie down in a dark room and pray for death. I can't imagine how you are even walking around. Sending you lots of ~~~~healing vibes~~~~~ and positive energy to make that beastie be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    I love you all like cheese.
    And I waft the new EL PC Jasmine White Moss, unashamedly...
    I wanna DRINK this- it is a winner.
    Diorella made mad love to Cristalle, and looky wha happen....
    Chaya, I've been hemming and hawing around about ordering the new EL, but you've just made my mind up for me. Today you are Chaya, the cheese-loving enabler

This morning I am loving No 19. Perfect for the steamy day. Last night I liberally used Miss Balmain. Hubby is getting home today from his trip! Yay. Miss him terribly. Need quality time tonight!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Institution

Songes by Annick Goutal for the morning. I am sad about Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett's passings.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Today I've layered Highland Lilac of Rochester and Elariia Wisteria and I'm in heaven-- they smell marvelous together!

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    ....this is like taking my own atmosphere along with me wherever I go.
    I like this, rtamara! Mind if I borrow it sometime?

I think today I will wear my brand-new Fracas.

I'm a three-spritz gal-- one in the crook of each elbow and one in the cleavage. The salesgal told me to limit this to one spray, and to dab it gently in a couple places. I'd hate to bludgeon my poor coworkers with a giant tuberose sceptre, so I'll heed the advice.

Have a great day, all!
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 27th June 2009 at 03:51 AM. Reason: typo!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I am sad about Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett's passings.
    Yes, I am with you on that!
    So sad!

Today I'm in Shalimar Eau Légère
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

This a.m. my mood has gone from to as I took a call about our rental property from an ideal candidate. Income was becoming a worry. I could cry with relief.
    Smelling bright and cheery in a fresh citrus combo of Bourbon French Eleftorea and FM Bigarade Concentree.

TaoBaby, love your aesthetic compulsion to apply appropriate S P A C I N G.
    WordBaby, DH told DD on her was out the door this morning: "Need sugar." He's making strawberry preserves this weekend. Yep, he's a keeper.
    ChayaBaby, do you know what triggers the cranky cranium? I was surprised to figure out that stomach acid could fire up a nerve that made me feel as though I combed my head with razor blades.
    LessaBaby, "next-day Miss Balmain" is one of my favorite smells.
    30 RosesBaby, I've been noticing you and your daughter's affection for Highland Lilac. I bet your combo today smells extraordinary.

I could just "baby" all of you today. Be sweet to yourselves for me.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good morning to all and a happy friday

((Chaya)) I hope you will feel better. If you need anything call me, I will be out and about so it would be an easy drive over.

Wordie love, hope you and small will have fun "jamming" today. Why do you not have sugar in the house? I always have four different kinds, who knows when one needs some caramel, dulce de leche, or a rich butter-cream. I am an incorrigible sweet lover.

Yay Quarry, glad things are working out. Let's hope they stay the way they seem now.

Today I am wearing Houbigant Lutece. It brings back many summer memories.

I love my simple scents, they make me happy.

Hope you all have happiness today and always. Love and hugs.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 26th June 2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    ...A day after application, Une Rose is still present...
    Oh, I love that left-over Une Rose. It's a tenacious one, but I never mind that.
    I'm enjoying your Malle reports, Orion!

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Annam by Tan Giudicelli for me today ~ milk, lily, tuberose, rice, and rare woods
    That sounds amazing, Socalwoman. You find the most interesting things!

I'm going with lily today, too. The aquatic salty lily of Vanille Galante. Yum!

Wishing all a fine Friday.

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle Vétiver Extraordinaire

Aptly named.

Went to picnic today and wore L'Artisan Timbuktu
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Isabela Capeto

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist EdT and parfum.

Basenotes Institution

Bois du Turquie by MPG (from a sample - thanks Ruggles)

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    I think today I will wear my brand-new Fracas.
    Fracas for me too.

It's after five on a Friday so I can stop work now .

Blog Entries

HERMES SUR le NIL
    Sea-side, sun, salt air & lotus blossom.

Last edited by kumquat; 26th June 2009 at 04:42 PM.

I am in just Shared Water pour femme by Michel Comte. It is discontinued now, so feel very lucky to have come by a bottle. It is Vanille Galante with Swiss glacier water and narcissus and jasmine and some rice thrown in.

Okay, it is nothing like Vanille Galante, except in a general floaty, watery, milky, dreamy way. And it does have lilies too.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 26th June 2009 at 04:42 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

The original, as shown--not the unfortunate reformulation.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Hi everyone...fragrance selections are lovely today!

VM--Shared Water sounds fantastic. You must save a ml for me!

Socalwoman--I'm so pleased you know/have/love Annam. I do too! I particularly love it on a cold winter's day to warm me up. Such a shame it's so impossible to find :-(

Wordbird--Do let us know about your jamming (better play some Bob Marley while doing it) and the sterilizing, etc. I have so much trouble properly sterilizing! What about freezer jam?

Chaya--doesn't perfume intensify your migraine? Drink lots of water and stay out of the sun. Good luck...

Started my day testing AL Frangipani. Too powdery for my taste. What will I wear to work? Reminiscence Do Re.

The Backstreet Boys 'I want it that way' is playing. I just love that song. I'm so cheeeeeeeeesy!!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Chaya, I hate that you are still suffering from your migraine. Here's hoping today it goes away for good!

Not sure which scent I want to apply. Yesterday's White Lilac just didn't work at all. . . . I want something that will last but not creep inside my nostrils and hide there like a creature from a Clive Barker novel. I will post again if I decide.

Take care, all!

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil (Hermes)

Andy Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain for me today. Sooooo delicious.

I think something's wrong with the sprayer though. It's new, so not clogged, but instead of spraying in an even mist, it's kinda spraying in a circle or halo. hrmph.

We are having our very first hot sunny day today, but it is promising to storm again tonight.

I had an unexpected day off, the blessing of age and seniority, so after I wash off the esprit de lawn fertilizer (organic of course) It will be JL Scherrer for me!

Gres ~ Cabotine for a lovely summer day!

For the first time Laura Biagiotti's ROMA in EDT. I had a bottle of EDP and did not like it that much but I love this EDT. I wonder if they are really different or if my tastes have changed that much in a year.

I'm cleaning today, in preparation for a slumber party full of 11 year old girls (God help me!)

I pulled out my OLD Body Shop Winter Dew Perfume Oil...I feel like a 20 year old living in London all over again! Thank goodness I bought out the local stock when they discontinued this 15 years ago!

No scent today, unexpected sleepover. Good thing, too - way too clammy and humid for scent, it would have meant an instant headache.

Back home now and covered in patches of samples - they make for a very spacy combination.
    Left wrist has Ava Luxe Silk/Soie: starts out very similar to Feminite du Bois, but goes a bit plasticky later on. Not what I wish to smell of, though I can almost see its potential.
    Left elbow has AA Winter Délice: total fir fest! Very nice, very tree-y. Fir and pine are not my most favouritest notes, but they're well done here. Light, with a smokey campfire touch. I can see how this is christmassy, but it actually goes well in the heat.
    Right wrist has Botrytis: "yum". Very much in the vein of Ambre Narguilé or Tea for Two: rich, heavy, dripping with honey, sweet but underpinned with leather and smoke - and absolutely edible.
    Right elbow, finally, has Etro Gomma. Weeeeird. Plastic toys. Latex. Rubber. Gasoline. Bvlgari Black lovers, I think you need to try this one. I'm not yet certain if I'm repulsed by it or attracted to it.
    Fun fact: Etro Gomma and AA Winter Délice go together surprisingly well layered
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Diptyque
    L'OMBRE DANS L'EAU

Inspired after reading Orion's comments, I reached for the sample...and dab it on as my SotD...

SotD: FM Une Rose

Sniffing my own skin as I re-read O's notes...

BTW, I loved the today's new homepage "above-the-fold" story. I'm a relative newbie, so I hope it's okay to ask...this is you - Nukapai - right? I love your story. Can't wait for the next installment...

Hope you all have a great weekend...

Hanae Mori - Magical Moon.

Courtesy of my evil scent twin BlackCat.

Smells nice.
    Not terribly memorable.
    Either that or after working 6 days and staring at a 7th - I don't have the attention span.

Last class of CrossFit tonight too! Doing really well with it. My plan is to continue 3x a week through September and see where I am at with it.

I was just happy I could do straight-leg pushups again
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Tann Rokka Aki -- mentioned by Orion too! -- was my SotD today.

Wordbird, did you know you do not even have to sterilize? Just pour the jelly while it is hot into the sterilized jars and if it is enough sugar it will be good all winter long. Well, there is another side of the coin -- too much sugar! -- and then it will come out crystallized at the end and you do not really want it. Also, with red currants -- something virtually unknown in the USA -- you do not need any thickener, the jello comes out jellied all by itself!

Etro Raving for the evening. Have an idea about the designer purse made out of the old pair of suede-looking pants, I will do the design of course. Thinking about lizzards, of all things!

Basenotes Institution

This afternoon it's Vol De Nuit.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Today I am wearing Serge Lutens a la Nuit.

[QUOTE=Twolf;1548640]Tann Rokka Aki -- mentioned by Orion too! -- was my SotD today.

Wordbird, did you know you do not even have to sterilize? Just pour the jelly while it is hot into the sterilized jars and if it is enough sugar it will be good all winter long. Well, there is another side of the coin -- too much sugar! -- and then it will come out crystallized at the end and you do not really want it. Also, with red currants -- something virtually unknown in the USA -- you do not need any thickener, the jello comes out jellied all by itself!

Thank you for this wonderful info, Twolf, I had no idea you don't have to sterilize! I must try this sometime.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Nicole Miller for Men tonight from a sample box sent with a Parfum1.com order received this week. I showered with the Nicole Miller for Men Soap-On-A-Rope, used the Nicole Miller for Men Aftershave Balm following a second shave today and then splashed on the Nicole Miller for Men Edt from the 7ml sample. Tobacco!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Welcome, Sheglows!

Chaya, oh ouchy, horrible. (((FEEL BETTER)))

On the topic of migraines; I've had a simultaneously reassuring/worrying thing - neurologist has put me on epilepsy medication (that has been found to be effective in reducing the frequency and severity of migraines). I'm too nervous to start the pills until I talk to my normal doctor because the side effects may mean I can't take them. If I start, it is likely I will be taking these for the foreseeable future or even rest of my life. On the plus side, if I can go on these and they work, a lot of things might suddenly become easier.

Wore the last drops of my L'instant de Guerlain today together with the gorgeous lotion.

Nice news: some of you have already noticed that there is a new column up.

Wordie - I couldn't make up my mind about that scent either! I tend to like floral orientals or, I don't know, other types of florals more. Somehow that one was too pretty. Or something. I may change my mind one day. But the Tangerine sounds lovely... I also love the Petitgrain one. I've really gradually grown to like most of the Miller Harris range.

Jo Malone Wild Fig & Cassis for me today. Another very nice fig to go on my list of potential full-bottle purchases. I will buy a fig, but only one, and I'm having such difficulty deciding which one!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jil Sander No.4 which I LOVE on my skin, even in the very warm weather we've been experiencing recently. It shares a yummy honeyed warmth in the drydown with Neil Morris' Gotham but I don't know which notes are creating that particular alchemy. There are days in summer when I really revel in wearing heavy scents and other days when I can't wear anything but a light spritz of something subtle.

Dressed for bed in Vanille Exquise (AG).

This am I sprayed on a little of my ca three years old bottle of Fracas EdP, and I found out it had turned!
    It´s been stored chilly and dark, and this seems to have happened "all of a sudden"...I had to scrub.

BTW: How come vintage perfumes can be perfectly fine (seldom the top notes, though), while more recent scents go bad after some years?
    One should believe that the more common natural ingredients in older perfumes would make them stay fine for a shorter period of time.... beats me....
    Last edited by musse; 26th June 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Posting late, and today's SoTD is the remnant's of last night's L'Occitane Miel et Citron Massage Oil... It is my 21st wedding anniversary. Tonight my home is scented with the 21 multi-colored roses my DH has scattered in vases around the house. I am so lucky to have found the guy I did, when I did. Sending hugs to everyone.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...