Code of Conduct

Default what age match Burberry The Beat for men?

What age match Burberry The Beat? And can it be used in summertime?

Default Re: what age match Burberry The Beat for men?

22 years, 7 months...

Yes, but only on alternating Tuesdays & Thursdays
    Last edited by KMF; 26th June 2009 at 09:48 PM.

5 to 90 & Yes.

I just checked the Burberry Beat guidlines and it is only for the ages of men who are 18-19 and 47-49. Also it is not possible to wear it in summer. Just not possible, although KMF may be correct in saying that it is OK for alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays. But he is also a risk taker and I don't want to live that dangerously.

Sur la Plage

There are no age restrictions. If you like it, wear it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Summertime? Why not. It's fresh, but somewhat spicey. It's a go. What age? Anything over 10.

smeller

Any age, but the wearer must enjoy being beaten.

10 to infinity ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Any age anytime

I tested that one recently and can pretty much say that, as with all fragrances, it's appropriate for any age group.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

If I really had to pin down a specific age group to wear The Beat... I just can't. The adverts portray young men 16 to 20-somethings. The stuff is very crisp and spicy to me and just says young and fresh in my mind. I try not to constrict a fragrance to how many years you've lived on this planet.

It should work great in summer but I think it's a Spring or Fall fragrance due to the crispness.

Blog Entries

I've been enjoying it in summer. The minty, green, and aquatic notes are nice and cool. The woody notes are subdued. And I'm a fossil. I don't think people out in the non-fragrance world are putting the scent and that ad together yet.

I loved it at first but now all I smell in the drydown is cedar.. which is disappointing.

As for the question, it seems like it's meant to be a young fragrance but to me it doesn't smell like one

Dependent

To ans your qn, I find that from advertising, they seem to be hinting at the outgoing and energetic.
    To add to the voices, i've learnt how age group shouldn't define choices and I'm sticking to that school.
    Personally I found the scent pleasant, but not good enough for a purchase. It is however a little different from the usual light woodiness that a number of burberry scents are defined by.
    Last edited by MFJ; 28th June 2009 at 03:22 AM.

the ad is ridiculous i agree, but the fragance is wonderful,. so ,... whatever ,

dont think in age, think in what you feel wearing the fragance.. !!!!!

If you are young and cool and confident. I love The Beat

O come on guys! You all say that we can`t put a specific age-group on a fragrance.. But we all know that it isn`t true. F.ex Antaeus on a 14 year old boy would be ridiculous!

well,. we know some fragances are oriented to somekind of age group, but is not the final count to wear a fragance... of course i dont like some "old" smell perfumes that some guys loves here... but anyway..

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    O come on guys! You all say that we can`t put a specific age-group on a fragrance.. But we all know that it isn`t true. F.ex Antaeus on a 14 year old boy would be ridiculous!
    Sounds like he would be a very classy, mature, good-smelling 14 year old - and either a current or future Basenotes member.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Trust me that this has often hit me and left me wondering. But I've come to conclude that I wouldn't like a kid any less because of how he smells(its fragrance and nothing gross or painful to the nose); and I most definitely would not like a scent any less because a kid I don't know is using it. Would you honestly be misled or offended, or impressed and pleasantly surprised that the 14 y/o was wearing a "classic" you happen to love. If you are neutral, then you probably do not have any issues with age-fragrance discrimination
    If you had a child and a sentimental old classic scent, would you not want to let your child wear it if he showed an interest in it (even if he was only 8)? there are so many more meaningful reasons behind why people wear what they wear, and personal preference and choice alone is reason enough. hope this helps you understand the way I do if it was any help at all

ps. The way I see it, its just myself and maybe others saying to you that you have the final say in what you wear. I say this with all due respect, you asked a simple valid question that brought on very realistic ans.
    Last edited by MFJ; 29th June 2009 at 02:35 AM.