Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance for a casual date tonight

So I've been in a relationship with a girl for a few months now. Tonight we're going to go see a band she likes, and then back to her place. Nothing too crazy.

She seems a little bit annoyed with the fact that I've recently gotten very interested in colognes - she thinks its strange that I have 25+ samples just chilling in my cabinet.

So tonight, I want to wear one that she'll love so she will change her mind about my new hobby.

She likes:
    Diesel Fuel for Life
    Burberry London

She hates:
    Ice*Men (Thierry Mugler)

What my options are:
    L'eau par Kenzo
    Kenzo Power
    Zirh IKON

Which of the three do you think I should go with?

Default Re: Fragrance for a casual date tonight

Quick run out and get Baie de GeniŤvre by Creed. Hurry. Hurry. Hurry.

Yeah, I'll run out and buy that Creed on the way home from when I run out to cash that winning lottery ticket.

L'eau par Kenzo would be the safest bet closely fllowed by kenzo power..

have a pleasant time

Sur la Plage

Why don't you want to wear one that you know she already likes?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Kenzo Power for shizzle!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Why don't you want to wear one that you know she already likes?
    Because I'm trying to show her that there is some advantage to me having this stuff as a hobby. I had the Fuel for Life before I really got interested in this stuff, so I want to show her variety of good taste, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnArborBodhi View Post
    So I've been in a relationship with a girl for a few months now. Tonight we're going to go see a band she likes, and then back to her place. Nothing too crazy.

She seems a little bit annoyed with the fact that I've recently gotten very interested in colognes - she thinks its strange that I have 25+ samples just chilling in my cabinet.

So tonight, I want to wear one that she'll love so she will change her mind about my new hobby.

She likes:
    Diesel Fuel for Life
    Burberry London

She hates:
    Ice*Men (Thierry Mugler)

What my options are:
    L'eau par Kenzo
    Kenzo Power
    Zirh IKON

Which of the three do you think I should go with?
    Haha so here's my story. I've been dating this girl for almost two years now, and I basically used to never wear cologne. Then this past November or so, she asked me why I don't wear cologne, and suggested I start wearing it. So I said alright and started getting samples at Macys, then I went online to look up opinions on certain frags, then I stumbled upon Basenotes. I was so interested in the website that I would spend so much time just looking up different colognes. I asked her go to the mall with me and spray about 30 colognes on tester strips and we went back to her house and smelled each one. We kept narrowing it down, until we came down to a winner in Light Blue pour homme. She Absolutely loves this Cologne. Now she thinks I need to chill on the colognes and stop getting all these samples. She constantly tells me that I have enough already. She also thinks it's strange that I belong to a Cologne website Haha.

But anyways, sorry to hijack your thread. I honestly have only smelled L'eau par Kenzo and I really like it. It's a pretty safe cologne I think she'll like it. Good luck man.

Cerruti 1881 was made for dates. Use sparingly though. I haven't a clue about the 3 you already own.

By the way you must really like her if you put up with the fact she is so intolerant of something that is an interest and a hobby to you.

It's not easy to practice, of course, but having been married for many years and divorced for way too many years, I can't put in a strong enough plug for tolerance in relationships. No, not every fellow has a couple dozen scents on tap, but what's the issue? No, not every fellow follows frags on a website, but what's the issue? (That said, if the issue were revealed, it stands a chance of getting resolved.)

Blog Entries

Wear some Habit Rouge and if she give you a hard time about that fragrance, dump her.

Try perhaps Gucci Envy, but apply very lightly and when I say lightly, I mean lightly. One spray at the most and then rub it around your pulse points. Rich anise, incense, cardamom, etc. A nice one indeed!

Wear some juggernaut. Be an unstoppable force.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Sex Panther
    - E.J.

RESULT: Failure.

I went with Kenzo Power. She said she thought I was wearing women's perfume, and didn't like it.

Oh well. At least the longevity of everything sucks on my skin so it passed quickly.

I take it you made a funny-insulting remark about her fruity-floral in return?
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

get some bulgari pour homme...this is really great in my opinion for dates...its light and understated but when she gets close, she will thank you for it...i have had so many people tell me that they love it! I had never tried it until I was at a friends house and sprayed it on my arm because he said how much he loved it and his fiancee too....i let it sit an hour and bam, what a surprise, it did smell like a million dollars
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I went with Kenzo Power. She said she thought I was wearing women's perfume, and didn't like it.

Oh well. At least the longevity of everything sucks on my skin so it passed quickly.
    I suppose she would've been more content with Aqua di Gio? *shakes head*
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Hmm, that would be a deal breaker for me. Regardless of what the hobby is, it's pretty important that people don't automatically pass judgment because it might not happen to be their own subject of interest. Many a married trekkie would still be single if so!

Who knows - perhaps she'll come around. My gf, while totally impressed with my interest and encouraging, wasn't as into it as she is now - I've almost got her doing her own luckyscent sample orders.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Advice: why cares if she doesnt like your "cologne hobby". Srsly if she doesnt like it its her problem and not yours.

... and she loves Aqua di gio for sure.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

As a girl, I'm going to advise you to not go crazy trying to pick a cologne that that a love interest will approve of. Instead, go crazy trying to pick a girl who won't judge you or look down on one of your favorite pastimes.

i wouldnt give up on her because she doesnt understand it...give it time, show her its something you love for yourself and when she realizes the hobby is not all about her, she will likely back off...if she thinks you are in it only for her, she will never understand.

Maybe she wants you to show her why you love it....but I agree with Aura, find someone who loves you for who you are, not what cologne you are wearing
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    I take it you made a funny-insulting remark about her fruity-floral in return?
    :toppie:

on the 2 kenzos you have - they are great scents and imo you should stick to them

I wouldnt worry too much about your situation as I see it, its not causing any pain to either party and I doubt you will enjoy all her hobbies ie she can't make you like wearing high heels as much as she does...

Blog Entries

I'm curious, Ann Arbor, How old are you & the girl(friend)?
    I assume you are young. I'm old(er, than dirt) I guess you could say. Married over 20 years, happily.

Anyway, I got interested in perfume 2 yrs ago. My husband likes the diff smells, some more than others.
    I just don't understand why a person who's new in your life would be so against you having a harmless interest
    that could lead to a pleasant experience for both of you & all your compatriots( shall we say). Because, what's so bad about smelling good?

So I encourage you to try new fumes on your lunch hour or whenever, until you find one that YOU like.
    Last edited by kumquat; 28th June 2009 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    :toppie:

on the 2 kenzos you have - they are great scents and imo you should stick to them

I wouldnt worry too much about your situation as I see it, its not causing any pain to either party and I doubt you will enjoy all her hobbies ie she can't make you like wearing high heels as much as she does...
    Thanks! I was only half kidding though: I really do hope you were confident about it and made a joke in return. Women don't like men that are insecure or apologetic. You made a choice to wear the Kenzo, why should you apologise for your choices/opinions??
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Right! I truly agree with Merlino and with virtually all posters on this thread and, besides, I would advice anyone to stick at least to L'Eau par Kenzo and also Kenzo Power (me being inclined much more to recommend the first, even if I don't dislike the second), since, as other reviewers and posters have correctly observed, they are great scents.