Code of Conduct

Thread: Karo Karounde

Post Thanks / Like

Default Karo Karounde

Karo Karounde from AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo:

Very, very overripe fruit at first, then it transitions into the smell of damp and slightly mildewed paper or cloth. It stays very sweet, even in the drydown and becomes more fruity in time. The fruit is mostly like stone fruits--peach, nectarine or apricot. I'd say it is very indolic, although it does not smell particularly floral to me, so I hesitate to compare it to other indolic florals such as jasmine.
    Last edited by Asha; 3rd July 2009 at 02:12 AM.

Default Re: Karo Karounde

Thanks Asha. This is a note I've been looking to smell for some time but have no idea where it can be sourced. Nobody seems to carry it.

I wish I could find some as I'd love another indolic note to work with!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Karo Karounde from AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo:

Very, very overripe fruit at first, then it transitions into the smell of damp and slightly mildewed paper or cloth. It stays very sweet, even in the drydown and becomes more fruity in time. The fruit is mostly like stone fruits--peach, nectarine or apricot. I'd say it is very indolic, although it does not smell particularly floral to me, so I hesitate to compare it to other indolic florals such as jasmine.
    In looking at my database of tested fragrances (which is fairly modest at around 250), only two have this note. They just happen to be two of my favorite fragrances, Etro Shaal Nur and L'Artisan Timbuktu. When I get home, I'm going to try them side by side to see if I can isolate the influence of Karo Karounde. Both Shaal Nur and Timbuktu do have what I would call a delicious sweet nutty quality. I wonder if it's the KK?

Here is a quote I found from Mandy Aftel, regarding this note:

Karo Karounde: A intense middle note with a complicated floral quality that
    is almost chocolate. Rich, deep and sexy it speaks of the earth and flowers
    at the same time. Would create a balance with heady white flowers and
    lighter florals like magnolia and geranium.
    And this entry, from the Now Smell This perfume glossary:

Karo Karounde: (sometimes karo karunde) a flowering shrub from Africa. The scent, which is apparently very potent in the wild, has been described as somewhat similar to jasmine, but woodier, spicier and more herbal. Found in L’Artisan Timbuktu, Etro Shaal Nur and Comme des Garcons Sequoia.
    Last edited by Haunani; 27th June 2009 at 06:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it plays a vital role in CDG Sequoia, which happens to be one of the best woody fragrance I've smelt so far.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

From the Note Identification Project Thread:

Karo Karounde, Profumo-it. - This is the smell of rotting flowers and hay. It smells like the bunches of flowers that used to fall off my trumpet vines onto my patio all summer. There were so many of them, I couldn't sweep them up fast enough. Then they would rot, and this is what they smelled like. It also smells like a type of jungle flower that uses flies for pollination, hence it has to smell a little ripe and meaty. And the worst part is, it has nuances of honey and urine. Oh, I do not like karo karounde.