Code of Conduct

Default Malle Beurre Exquise

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a jar of Malle's "Beurre Exquise" (whatever the scent).

I love my Une Fleur de Cassie, and would like to try layering the cream to see if it makes it last longer...but it's an expensive experiment (even obtaining a sample is pricey).

Any experiences?

ps - asking this in the ladies forum because I thought I'd have better luck here.

Default Re: Malle Beurre Exquise

I rec'd a jar of Carnal Flower body butter but it was just too heady for me so I gave it to a friend. I do better with the Malle lotions.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I rec'd a jar of Carnal Flower body butter but it was just too heady for me so I gave it to a friend. I do better with the Malle lotions.
    Interesting. Are you a Carnal Flower lover otherwise? Did you find they were that different?

It's funny...I'll easily drop $$$ on a bottle of mostly alcohol, but when it's in a cream base, I find it hard to justify.

Blog Entries

I have ordered Iris Poudre. I will let you know how it smells. I can't imagine I would reject it for having too much scent! Although the Carnal Flower scent is a heady one. Too heady for me in the first place.

I started a thread on Eau D'Hiver lotion. I found it helped amplify the weak scent.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Interesting. Are you a Carnal Flower lover otherwise? Did you find they were that different?

It's funny...I'll easily drop $$$ on a bottle of mostly alcohol, but when it's in a cream base, I find it hard to justify.
    I love Carnal Flower but need to wear it in very tiny amounts and keep it away from my head (ankles and the back of the knees work).

Because the scent lasts soooo much longer in the FM body products, I find they are worth the $$. Even the lotions are true to the scent, and last until they are washed off. They're so highly scented I only put them on my lower legs and arms...sometimes just the arms.

Blog Entries

Update - I just got my insanely $$$ jar of Beurre Exquise. I have to say, "WOW!!!". I am not disappointed. This is some good, er... stuff. I mean the superlatives I can think of are totally inadequate.

First off, the name is ideal, I'm sold right there. The color is that of real dairy cream butter. Palest yellow. And the scent is deep, slight oily version of Iris Poudre, well, it just took the remains from the foil cover to completely scent my arms, one squirt from the bottle & GORGEOUS!! I am one fragrant mutha' today!

I think this goes to show, that using good quality ingredients, pays off. I don't want to spend this kind of $ on a frag, but I will bcs it's worth it when it's as good as this. As rich as this stuff is, it will last a very long time.
    Last edited by kumquat; 30th June 2009 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks, that was very helpful!

I broke down and ordered an $11 sample (eek) from TPC (with shipping.) I know I'm going to love it, but I just want to be sure first.

I can see the Carnal Flower beurre being over-the-top...the perfume itself is! I'm hoping Cassie will have a bit more oomph so I can layer the two.

Will report back!

Blog Entries

Frederic Malle Beurre Exquise is aptly named. This stuff is truly exquisite!

I think it might be easier to grasp when you can see the rich creamy texture & color.

It smells glorious, and it is one step away from creme perfumes in texture & strength.

Instead of the waxy stubborn stiffness of a solid perfume, you have a

luxurious whipped cream to moisturize and scent your skin. It's genius!

Almost good enough to eat, but don't, it tastes terrible.
    Last edited by kumquat; 4th July 2009 at 09:41 PM.