Code of Conduct

Default Kiehl's original musk

what's everyone's thoughts on this? any good?

Default Re: Kiehl's original musk

I tried it, left Kiehl's, walked four blocks and turned back in order to buy it. I hate to charge disposable income on my credit card, but I did. With this I mean it is a wonderful scent. But... after wearing it four or five times, I concluded that is closer to the femenine side of things, for sure due to the presence of floral notes. It has amazing sillage and longevity - do take in mind most fragrances don't last more than 4 hours on my skin.

So, I suggest you try it several times before buying it, if you consider doing so.

Sur la Plage

Yes, it is very good.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Its great!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

i tried to get them to send a sample, but they wouldn't. i will have to check it out at a store. thanks!!

Hi Flip,

Even before I broke down and bought the fragrance itself, I had already gone through a couple of bottles of the body lotion. The scent translates very well into its bath products - and not every fragrance does.

Very nice indeed. I wore it 2 weeks ago and it last a long time, over 10 hours on my skin.

I can tell you that it is a romantic scent. Good for a special night out with your loved one.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Love it, it's one of my staples. Big thumbs up from me!

I like the oil not the EdT.

Change that to 'love' as I have almost finished one 15ml bottle and now have one 30ml and five 15ml bottles in reserve. A couple drops is all you need.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Yup, esp for the price, good stuff.

Yes, it's fantastic. It would be great for much more money, but the price makes it a no brainer. I'm not sure why, but my favorite way to wear it is in the evening, after a shower with the matching body wash, on the couch with the GF watching crappy TV or a movie we've seen too many times.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Good stuff, especially when it dries down.

My preferred "pairing" is to take a hot shower using the Roger & Gallet Bois de Santal soap, use the Kiehls Musk lotion, and then top it off with a spritz of the musk. Musk + sandalwood = good combo. Agree with jrd4t that the body wash is great too.

Is the Oil "Musk 1921" ?

How long does one of those oil applicator things last?

great stuff....im on my 3rd bottle...though i have to admit it smells better on others than it does on me
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I wanted to like this so bad as I'm a long time fan and user of numerous Kiehl's products on a daily basis. This, however, just seems extremely dated on me... not necessarily classic as the likes of ADP, etc... but simply smells like a used car salesman from the early 70's. This is just my opinion. I absolutely love the bottle, though.

Between Musc Ravageur and Kouros which one does Kiehls Musk smell closer to?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    Between Musc Ravageur and Kouros which one does Kiehls Musk smell closer to?

Thanks
    Kiehl's Musk does not smell anything like Kouros.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I like the oil not the EdT.

Change that to 'love' as I have almost finished one 15ml bottle and now have one 30ml and five 15ml bottles in reserve. A couple drops is all you need.
    Its funny you should mention this. I have the EDT and you know, I have noticed that to me, the oil smells better as well, for what ever reason. I am waiting to use my EDT up so I can get the oil.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I have and prefer the oil also. It lasts a long time since you need to use less. Compared to the EDT, this has fewer or no other notes and is really all about the musk note. It's fantastic for layering with other scents.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Kiehl's Musk does not smell anything like Kouros.
    I can wear MR but not Kouros. Maybe I will give Kiehls Musk a try.

Thanks for the help