Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 56 of 56
  1. #31

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Primrose has lent a more eloquent explanation than I could as to why I prefer spraying the chest. I find that two sprays to the chest are more than adequate, three for light fragrances. Seems to do the trick for me, though your mileage may vary.

    Incidentally, the only time I've ever applied four sprays was back in high school when I had a bottle of the stuff they douse the Hollister stores in. Weak sauce, so to speak.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

  2. #32

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    I'm an "spray on the undershirt at chest level" sprayer. If no undershirt, I spray on the fabric itself. All else failing, I will spray on chest.

  3. #33
    JoNnY 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    One thing has been bugging me about spraying to the chest...

    The sillage we get when we spray to chest..is it fr the chest or the shirt? I wore Fahrenheit few days ago and i could detect the sillage strongly for 4-5 hrs. Then i changed my shirt and Fahrenheit was totally gone. My earlier shirt still smelt strongly of Fahrenheit.

  4. #34

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    i DON'T understand the whole 'chest' revolution, it doesn't emanate well when i do it!! I spray on my neck and arms, the spray on your naked chest before you put on your t shirt thing doesn't work, i tried it and it barely sends the smell.

  5. #35
    JoNnY 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    i DON'T understand the whole 'chest' revolution, it doesn't emanate well when i do it!! I spray on my neck and arms, the spray on your naked chest before you put on your t shirt thing doesn't work, i tried it and it barely sends the smell.
    Maybe u should try spraying chest only instead.

  6. #36
    Sokkou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Empire State
    Posts
    770

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Is there any health risks to spraying the armpit area? Seems like a good place.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    ^and not spray neck and arms? then how would the smell radiate better?

  8. #38
    JoNnY 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Is there any health risks to spraying the armpit area? Seems like a good place.
    Not sure about the health risks but but spraying there sure hurts like hell. Many years ago when i started using frags i sprayed to my chest and armpits. The pits really give good longevity but the scent seems to develop differently.

  9. #39
    JoNnY 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    ^and not spray neck and arms? then how would the smell radiate better?
    Well no harm in trying though.

    This thread should shed some light.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...hlight=clothes


    I was very sceptical at 1st too but after a few times i was sold. How much do u spray normally?

  10. #40

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    Hey guys....chest sillage is even better when you have cleavage.
    Forget the sillage, cleavage alone is awesome.

    However, let be the devil's advocate for the neck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-edCROAzmp4 see after 2:11
    Last edited by irish; 1st July 2009 at 11:05 PM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

  11. #41
    JoNnY 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Just for a test i sprayed 3 shots to my neck of Gucci Envy today. After a couple of weeks of spraying to the chest only, suddenly spraying to the neck really made me uncomfortable. Sillage was really good, better than chest only application but for almost 5 hrs i had to endure the constant strong sillage of Envy. Even when i was having my lunch i could smell Envy. well for the 1st hour it was great being able to smell Envy constantly but by the 2nd hour i just wanted to wash it off. Surprisingly my nose did not get fatigued even after enduring a constant bombardment to my olfactory system for 5 hours or more.

    So that's it, chest application still works the best for me. Sillage maybe significantly less but longevity is increased.

  12. #42
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,226

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Is there any health risks to spraying the armpit area? Seems like a good place.
    I do recall vaguely that it is not good to spray on armpits, as thats where alot of toxins are released.... my late aunt who had a long battle with breast cancer was the one that told me, she did a lot of self research(web and books) on what to avoid, and fragrance was one of the many things she had to give up. I havent otherwise heard about it from any other source.

  13. #43
    Basenotes Plus

    fredricktoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    4,511

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    she may enjoy nuzzling your neck a lot without feeling like she's treading water in cologne if that's even a viable concept.

    next girlfriend may like nipples a lot in which case you try to please as much and as many as possible and not forgetting yourself in the mix.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

  14. #44

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    ...or chest hair. Hopefully not both.
    Lol...

  15. #45

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    After reading this thread, I decided to try out the whole chest vs. neck application. I sprayed on my chest three times and once to the neck immediately after exiting the shower this morning, and I allowed the cologne to dry for 5 minutes on my skin before putting on clothes (I brushed my teeth and etc). The "apparent" strength of the scent seemed diminished as I could barely notice the scent 45 mins after getting dressed. But because I'd tried the scent on my forearm alone the day before, I knew the scent would still be there after an hour even if I couldn't smell it myself. What is most interesting is that after 6 hours I got the most beautiful wafts of the scent coming over the top of my shirt collar! And, It smelled better then than it had the day before on my forearm. What convinced me is that the scent normally has poor longevity on bare, open skin. I'm a chest man from now on!

  16. #46

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    I am a bit confused, above you wrote unexposed chest, but shouldnt fragrances be applied directly on bare skin?

  17. #47

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    I can see how that could have been a little confusing. You should definitely apply fragrance to bare skin and let it dry before getting dressed. As far as chest vs. neck, because the chest is covered with clothes, the scent is retained better on the chest. The fragrance seems to eminate from the open skin of the neck more quickly.

  18. #48

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by shermanirving View Post
    but a word of advice: don't always give in to your gf's complaints, it may set a bad precedent.
    Mr. Shermanirving is a wise man and we should all heed his excellent advice.

  19. #49
    JoNnY 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    After reading this thread, I decided to try out the whole chest vs. neck application. I sprayed on my chest three times and once to the neck immediately after exiting the shower this morning, and I allowed the cologne to dry for 5 minutes on my skin before putting on clothes (I brushed my teeth and etc). The "apparent" strength of the scent seemed diminished as I could barely notice the scent 45 mins after getting dressed. But because I'd tried the scent on my forearm alone the day before, I knew the scent would still be there after an hour even if I couldn't smell it myself. What is most interesting is that after 6 hours I got the most beautiful wafts of the scent coming over the top of my shirt collar! And, It smelled better then than it had the day before on my forearm. What convinced me is that the scent normally has poor longevity on bare, open skin. I'm a chest man from now on!
    Great to hear !

  20. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Leisure Land
    Posts
    1,145

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Getting the lower regions of the body make it all more gratifying and lasting. It all travels upward. Wait, this thread is about kissing a woman right?

  21. #51
    JoNnY 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Guys and Girls,

    I need your opinions on this.
    Lets say i spray both to the chest and neck, maybe 2 sprays to neck and 4 sprays to chest. Is this even advisable? I always thought that neck=more sillage,less longevity and chest=less sillage, good longevity. So wouldn't spraying chest and neck be the best of both worlds?

  22. #52

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    I think it is the best of both worlds, but you still have to be conscious of the fragrance which you are wearing. If you're wearing Kouros, I would only recommend ONE spray to the neck, where as you could probably get away with up to 3 sprays to the chest. For less 'outspoken' scents, you could wear more sprays to the neck. I've found this system to work best for me. I get the longevity I need (chest sprays), yet I can enjoy the scent as it eminates from my neck.

  23. #53
    JoNnY 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    I think it is the best of both worlds, but you still have to be conscious of the fragrance which you are wearing. If you're wearing Kouros, I would only recommend ONE spray to the neck, where as you could probably get away with up to 3 sprays to the chest. For less 'outspoken' scents, you could wear more sprays to the neck. I've found this system to work best for me. I get the longevity I need (chest sprays), yet I can enjoy the scent as it eminates from my neck.
    Thanks for the feedback. Right now i'm trying a combination of 3 sprays to chest and 2 sprays to neck, which i tried with Kouros yesterday. Seems to be working for me so far. Damm i'm contradicting the tittle of my own thread

  24. #54

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Mr. Shermanirving is a wise man and we should all heed his excellent advice.
    My thoughts exactly.

    Incidentally, I'm pro chest. Frags smell great but taste awful, so I don't spray them anywhere I think I'll be tasted.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

  25. #55

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Ok...I always thought the best formula for good sillage/longevity is to spray the chest, neck, and wrists? I do 1 spray to the chest, 1 to each wrist, touch the inside of my elbows with my wrist, and either spray each side of my neck and do a slight spread to my throat, or I do 1 spray to one side of my neck and then spread. It depends on the strength of the fragrance. I have a co-worker that tells me I wear too much cologne, but I thought I was quite moderate with my application.

  26. #56
    JoNnY 4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    1,752

    Default Re: Once you go chest, you never go neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Ok...I always thought the best formula for good sillage/longevity is to spray the chest, neck, and wrists? I do 1 spray to the chest, 1 to each wrist, touch the inside of my elbows with my wrist, and either spray each side of my neck and do a slight spread to my throat, or I do 1 spray to one side of my neck and then spread. It depends on the strength of the fragrance. I have a co-worker that tells me I wear too much cologne, but I thought I was quite moderate with my application.
    I guess u were spraying to much to the exposed skin areas. The sillage must be really far reaching especially during the 1st hour or so. Here's a suggestion, lessens the amount u spray to the neck/wrist/elbows and instead spray more to the chest/abdomen. This way your sillage won't reach out too far but your longevity will be better thanks to the chest sprays. End of the day its up to u to judge which works best.

Similar Threads

  1. A Man's Chest: The Best Place to Apply a Perfume
    By LuciusVorenus in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 20th June 2015, 09:54 PM
  2. Application - all sprays to one spot on chest? Also, what is "8m"?
    By dynendal in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28th November 2008, 08:24 PM
  3. How do you open bottles...
    By mentallo in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21st July 2006, 12:54 PM
  4. hairy neck
    By mrliberfarb in forum Men's Grooming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th June 2006, 12:06 AM
  5. Quick newbie question: Spraying one's neck
    By madgradrx in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22nd June 2005, 05:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000