Code of Conduct

Default Rossy de Palma by Etat Libre

Any opinions on this? I tested it a few times and like it, but found it to be a bit too much. I've since re-tested (maybe 1/2 a spray) and I really like it...smells very lush, and dries down to a beautiful musk.

Any opinions? I *like* it a lot, but not sure if I could ever go through a 50ml bottle...potent stuff.

Default Re: Rossy de Palma by Etat Libre

A great rose scent, peppery and intriguing - very unisex, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I *like* it a lot, but not sure if I could ever go through a 50ml bottle...potent stuff.
    This is my issue with Rossy de Palma also. A few months ago, I obtained a 5ml decant instead to see how fast I would finish it. I have about 2.5 ml left. I have come to the conclusion that it's one I would wear only a few times a year, so small decants as opposed to full bottles of this one for me.

It's really amazing... very dry for rose, and I believe there's pomegranate in there as well, which compliments rose well. Lasts a long time. When you get tired of your bottle let me know and I'll buy the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by shermanirving View Post
    It's really amazing... very dry for rose, and I believe there's pomegranate in there as well, which compliments rose well. Lasts a long time. When you get tired of your bottle let me know and I'll buy the rest!
    I've noticed that you and I have similar tastes.

The wonderful Etat's are on discount here...contemplating if I need any more (than the 5 I already have).

Basenotes Institution

Love it - I could easily own it. One of the newer rose scents that got my attention. In a world of rose-heavy releases, it's rare to smell one that smells unique and original. This one does.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I've noticed that you and I have similar tastes.

The wonderful Etat's are on discount here...contemplating if I need any more (than the 5 I already have).
    Good to know I'll watch for your posts! Who/where is the discount? Worth ordering to the US? ELDO doesn't get a lot of attention in the US, which is probably because they were a Bendels exclusive for so long and not available online. Now that Luckyscent carries the line I expect more people will discover them. Rossy de Palma is on my short list of ELDOs to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by shermanirving View Post
    Good to know I'll watch for your posts! Who/where is the discount? Worth ordering to the US? ELDO doesn't get a lot of attention in the US, which is probably because they were a Bendels exclusive for so long and not available online. Now that Luckyscent carries the line I expect more people will discover them. Rossy de Palma is on my short list of ELDOs to buy.
    The local store here doesn't ship over the border unfortunately.

Also contemplating getting one of their candles...still not sure if I'm a candle kinda guy.
    Last edited by Dane; 10th July 2009 at 05:44 PM.

A lot of Basenoters whose taste I respect love this, but I must say I found it thick, flat, heavy and rather plain. It's not bad, but to my nose it's the potato pirogi of rose fragrances - stodgy and bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    A lot of Basenoters whose taste I respect love this, but I must say I found it thick, flat, heavy and rather plain. It's not bad, but to my nose it's the potato pirogi of rose fragrances - stodgy and bland.
    Originally, I would have (somewhat) agreed with you...I found it quite thick and overwhelming. Etat scents all seem to have a slightly uncomfortable feeling to them that always puts me off at first, but I end up loving in the end.

Is it bad that I just really like to bottle too?