Code of Conduct

Default Orange / Sweet Orange

Compiled from the Note Identification Project Thread:

Orange (eo, california) warm and sweet but delicately so. made me smile immediately.

Orange Essence, Brazil, Eden Botanicals - This is the sweetest orange aroma of the group; it smells like a glass of fresh orange juice. It is more edible and candy-like than mandarin, but I find the mandarin with its alternating tartness more amusing.

Sweet Orange
    (synthetic/fragrance oil) - nothing like real orange. I have no clue what it smells like but there's something vaguely citrus. Maybe it's too old now. "Orange and vanilla" fragrance oil smells much more realistic (used it to make scented soap - smelled very much like the fruit)

Default A woman just walked by me wearing the most incredible citrus fragrance I've ever smelled

After thinking about it a bit, I decided to ask her what it was. So I turned my head to ask her and there I see her eating an orange.

Dependent

Default Re: A woman just walked by me wearing the most incredible citrus fragrance I've ever smelled

Oranges do smell amazing. . . tough to bottle that for longer than 5 minutes too.

Default Re: A woman just walked by me wearing the most incredible citrus fragrance I've ever smelled

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sorry if isnt your intention, but i really laugh out loud!!!!

Blog Entries

Yup. I can believe it. Freshly opened citrus fruits are heavenly!

A neighbor gave me a few petite limes from his tree just today.

The fresh lime scent was so gorgeous!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Although I love the smell of oranges, lemons, and limes, for me there's none better than the scent of fresh yuzu.

Dependent

I would love to smell a fresh yuzu! My essential oil is not that impressive.

Also on the to-do list of fresh citrus: bergamot, citron, and keffir lime.

I wish there was a way to make orange last longer! Are there no nice frags with an orange heart? What about the Hermes one with Blood Orange?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    I wish there was a way to make orange last longer! Are there no nice frags with an orange heart? What about the Hermes one with Blood Orange?
    There is but you will need to move into perfumes. As much as I like them, essential oils orange will not do the trick. Try Orange Blossom by Jo Malone, or if you really, really want longevity, then Prada's Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger.
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

Default Re: Orange / Sweet Orange

It smells exactly as you would think. Its that moment when you cut into a fresh orange... but intensified.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Oranges do smell amazing. . . tough to bottle that for longer than 5 minutes too.
    True.

Default Re: Orange / Sweet Orange

Today, I found an extracts shop in an old part of the city that had, somehow, a barrel of the brazillian orange oil. On skin, it is quite sweet (Fanta!) but maintains the bracing aspect that we smell the instant a knife slices an orange. Volcanic orange for about 5 minutes, tame/sweet for about 30 minutes or so, and a nice bitter/quiet trace on the skin for about four hours. Overall, impressive longevity for a citrus EO. I took home 100 grams in a decanter.

At home: It layers very, very well with the Hermes' Concentre d'Orange Verte, which I feel has always been more verte than orange. Good bittersweet balancing act well into the mossy drydown.

image_1362254482830863.jpg