Code of Conduct

Thread: Cassis

Default Cassis

Compiled from the Note Identification Project Thread:

Cassis – A big surprise. Berrylike, with a zingy edge, and some raison & wine undertones. Woody, too. This gets the “strange fruit” award. I could see this note taking perfumery by storm, appearing in all manner of new fragrances, and then disappearing again because it is hard to hide. Not an easily-blended note.

Cassis: sweet, fruity, reminded me of a dessert I had in Malaysia a few years ago with mango and lychees. Very yummy!

Cassis – Givaudan reconstitution - 2% in carrier oil : it smells very much like black currant berries taste, with a tiny citrusy (acidic) nuance and a deeper inky facet. It smells fruity-inky to me.

Cassis - lots of fruit. not sure I can place it as cassis but wonderfully fruity I am getting peach as part of this, berry too.

Default Re: Cassis

The Givaudan recreation is wonderfully fruity and, to me, clearly blackcurrant, especially when fairly concentrated (10% ish). If you use it carefully you can add a subtle fruitiness to a floral blend or boost a citrus with this without it taking over. I've used it successfully with chocolate to make a gourmand style fragrance too.

I've noticed that when there is enough there to notice the specific blackcurrant, some people seem to find it headachy.
    A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.”
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post
    I've used it successfully with chocolate to make a gourmand style fragrance too.
    Now that sounds wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post

I've noticed that when there is enough there to notice the specific blackcurrant, some people seem to find it headachy.
    This happens to me. This was the second note I need to learn to identify so I could avoid it.