Code of Conduct

Thread: Coffee

Default Coffee

Compiled from the Note Identification Thread:

Coffee Fragrance Oil was the big surprise--what fun this one is!

Coffee - Dead ringer for a freshly brewed cup of coffee. It smells like sticking my nose in a bag of coffee beans that has just been ground. I drool at this aroma. Remarkably real. Is this synthetic? It isn't BROWN in color, but clear. Now, if it was real, it would be dark.

Coffee: first smelled just like I entered a coffee shop that had just finished dark roasting some beans. Smoke, tar, vanilla, salt, nutty, roasted coffee bean, bitter, sweet

Coffee wow this is really coffee. I havenít seen many scents that use coffee notes. the few Iíve smelled that have claimed it didnít smell much like this.

Coffee (FO)- from the little bottle it smells like burnt toast and coffee with some sweetness. Not the smell I associate with walking into Starbucks/Gloria Jeans but there's definitely coffee in there! On skin it smells exactly like burnt toast... but after awhile fading into burnt coffee.

Coffee Fragrant Oil - Starbucks. The smell of the seating area with the tables, when you first walk in. Not coffee in the cup, or coffee beans a la Sephora. Really enjoyable. Somebody did a damn good job here. And I'm not the only one that liked this. My test strips were swarmed by tiny wasps, who seemed to like the coffee oil best of all.

Default Re: Coffee

Yes, smells exactly like a fresh brewed cup of coffee. In blends though, it gets lost easily.

Dependent

i love coffee frags!!!!
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Love coffee! Love coffee and chocolate even more, and apparrently theres a Mugler cologne that combines both (choc and coffee). Never smelled it, but I'd imagine it to be very seductive smelling (to me the smell of coffee seduces)...

Interesting thread by the way!

I do not care for coffee scents, or the drink. However, there are plenty of things I DO like that the majority would not like...for example my favorite 2 notes are Black Licorice and Oud. To each his own!

coffee, at least flavouring, is made from coffee-extract. coffee is a real complex aromatic mixture, and not easy to reproduce. it's simply cheaper to use the real thing. the aroma of a good coffee is like a perfume in itself, only when the stuff is freshly roasted and grinded, it can have great topnotes. coffee can feature notes from the floral, green, woody, oriental, leather and fruity perfume categories, about the entire spectrum.

The coffees you are trying... are any of them natural ones and not synthetics?

Quote Originally Posted by calilove View Post
    i love coffee frags!!!!
    Same here.