Code of Conduct

Default General/possibly stupid questions... steam and spray mechanism's?

OK I have all my fragrances on shelves in my bathroom. When using the shower, all the bottles get steam/condensation on them. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is OK, as I'm not sure if steam would affect the liquid inside?

Also, when you buy a new fragrance, usually (90% of the time) the spray mechanism has to be pressed a couple of times to activate before it sprays. But what if on first press it sprays? Does this mean it has been used before?

Default Re: General/possibly stupid questions... steam and spray mechanism's?

1. It is not okay, if u do a really hot bath -> the steam will transfer the heat into your bottles -> screw them up.

2. 100% of my bottles needed a few hard presses to spray. So i can assume that if it sprays on the first time then its been used.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Agree 100% with ohmygod. Don't put your perfume in the bathroom. The temperature in the bathroom fluctuates too much everyday. Try to store your bottles in a cool dark place without sunlight in their original boxes.

Yeah u r right...if the perfume sprays on the first time then it has been used before. It should not be too big a problem if the bottle looks full and the stock is not too old. However keep in mind that air goes in the bottle the very 1st time the atomizer is pressed. So if the stock is old and sprayed before then the juice will actually degenerate faster.

P.S. Your question is not stupid.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 6th July 2009 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks guys. I guess I need to move my collection to a better place then. I only just moved them into the bathroom after installing some nice glass shelves and thought they would look nice on there, but I quickly noticed the steam collecting on the bottles everytime I showered. Don't want to damage them in anyway.

Also the reason I asked about the spray is because I just received a fragrance (Burberry Touch for Men) off cheapsmells.com, and the box was wrapped in cellophane as you would get in departments stores. The bottle in a neat little pouch. But when I went to spray it I was surprised to find it worked on the first press. Never has a fragrance that was wrapped in cellophane worked on first press before. So it got me thinking, has someone been using this? But then how? Since it was clearly wrapped up and brand new.
    Last edited by somnambulist07; 6th July 2009 at 03:43 PM.

they can always repacked it perfectly =)
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Luckily for u the bottles were not too long in the bathroom.

Well i guess there's a risk buying online. The juice still full in the bottle of Touch?

Interesting about the spray first time thing - you learn somehting new everyday! That had never occurred to me . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Luckily for u the bottles were not too long in the bathroom.

Well i guess there's a risk buying online. The juice still full in the bottle of Touch?
    Usually cheapsmells are good, ordered from there before and never had any problems. Yes the bottle seems to be full right to the top. It's possible someone returned this particular bottle and they re-packaged it, but I don't really know.