Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Chanel Allure Sensuale

What are your thoughts on this fragrance in extrait? Workable as unisex? What do you think of the composition?
    Without experiment there is no discovery. I would seek my answer from the Pythia in Apolo's temple at Delphi but, she is on vacation in Miami. LOL
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 3rd July 2009 at 11:19 PM.

Default Re: Chanel Allure Sensuale

It's a bit of a mess, but an enjoyable one. It's one of those postmodern bouquets (like J'Adore and Nuit de Cellophane) that has no assured floral profile; it's hard to distinguish note to note.

I'd say it could be unisex, assuming the level of comfort with woodsy powder.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Chanel Allure Sensuale

Orion: Thank you for your reply.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Chanel Allure Sensuale

Are there no others with opinons on Allure Sensuale?

Tesla, it supposedly bears some structural similarity to Tom Ford Black Orchid--watery cucumber or melon with florals on top and a heavy patchouli or oriental base. In some ways, it is incongruous. In the case of Allure Sensuelle, I find the dichotomy less pleasing than in Black Orchid.

I was taken with it when I first smelled it, it is sort of citrus over woody oriental, but I don't have the urge to wear it often. Its too unsubtle. However I do think it works as a masculine.

I had a small sample so I really only had one decent wear out of it. But I did re-smell the bottle to jog my memory beyond my notes on it. I generally do quite well with Chanels, however this one is not nice on me at all. It is sort of a mess- lots of unidentifiable oriental notes in a very synthetic smelling base that gets a tire/ black rubber smell after a time. I have to say that it smells better in the sample than on my skin, so it might just be me. I think it could be unisex if it were to work on your skin. It isn't overtly feminine and perhaps it might even be sexy on a man with the right chemistry.

I adore Allure Sensuelle in parfum. I am not so keen on the EdP - the patchouli is too prominent. I would imagine that the parfum would make a very fine masculine. The comparison with Black Orchid is apt, however I find Black Orchid to be rather sweeter.

This is my basenotes review:
    I didn't quite get Allure Sensuelle at first, it is a study in contrasts - cool, clean, savory and yet warm, woody and sweet at the same time. The patchouli, vanilla and frankincense base is both cozy and very sexy, overlaid by a jammy melon or apricot note. Suprisingly, the effect is not cloying or sweet, nor gourmand in the manner of Angel. The parfum is more subtle and refined than the EdP and the incense notes are more intense in the parfum. I find Allure Sensuelle both earthy and ethereal and the parfum has become a holy grail for me.

I liked Allure Sensuelle parfum enough at a sniffa that I acquired a d*ct. But does it get worn? Not so often. And why? It isn't an interesting ride for me.

I get an oriental, warm, a bit of patch, and something light and fruity (I think someone mentioned watermelon jolly rancher candy), a little bit sweet but not overly so.

Wearable by a man? Sure. And I can see enjoying this scent on someone else. I can even enjoy it on myself as something straightforward.

I used to spray Allure Sensuelle on myself all the time at work. The EdT, which I prefer (not having tried the Extrait), appears to be being phased out. It's like the better version of Coco Mademoiselle :x