Code of Conduct

Exclamation What bottle is this? Anyone?

This morning I found a cute vintage box and perfume in a flea market. The box appears to have faded considerably as, judging by the lining, it was once a baby pink.
    I can see no identifying marks or stickers, however there is the shadow of where a sticker once was on the base of the bottle.
    The sticker you can see reads "Denatured - Do not Drink" in Danish... a sticker that was commonly applied to commercial scents back in the 40s to 70s.

The top notes have turned here, but beneath is seems to be a citrusy floral chypre or delicate oriental... there is oakmoss here too.

Does anyone have a clue based on the bottles shape or box? It may be that it is a locally made scent, but Im just throwing it out there.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What bottle is this? Anyone?

I hate to burst your bubble, but do you think it's a little suspicious that the warning sticker is so well-preserved while the rest of the packaging is clearly aged, and the identifying sticker is missing? I otherwise have no ideas about this bottle. Sorry to be an unhelpful wet blanket!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Default Re: What bottle is this? Anyone?

It would make sense to me that the sticker is well preserved if the bottle was kept in the box all this time. Its a shame the one on the bottom of the bottle has fallen off - probably as the glue has weakened, or from placing/removing it from the box (rubbing the sides).

Who knows...