Code of Conduct

Question reformulated Le Labo Patchouli 24

i have a sample of the old version and like it a lot, thinking of getting a bottle i signed up for a split here, but i heard it has been reformulated. how is the reformulation? is it worth getting? is it weaker?

Default Re: reformulated Le Labo Patchouli 24

Based upon my recollection of the older version, it is very similar to the current. I think the reformulation is a lighter color, but otherwise I really cannot tell much difference.

good to know! thanks

Hedonist had a post recently as well, arguing that there's very little difference. I smelled it on paper and didn't detect any huge difference. Still the same big, overwhelming, scary tar-burning wood top, drying down to a near-eternal woody patch.

cacio

I have a sample od the old formula given by hedonist. I ordered my bottle after they have announced the reformulation. If that's the case, I am assuming my bottle is the new juice. There's not much of a difference from the vintage.

The above two gentlemen are correct. I have a bottle of P24 in vintage (its barely been 4 months since the reformulation, too early for vintage phrase?) and I have a spray sample courtesy of Le Labo from the new formula.

A quick sniff and approx 20 mins of testing result in barely any differncew between the two.

for swap/sale:

all this is great.
    can you compare the dry-downs though? the old one has a great, extended one. it remains strong for many hours.

Aright I'll do it soon!

for swap/sale:

I've tried both on several occasions and they smell identical (all the way through). I miss the dark jus though LOL

Basenotes Plus

I've owned both and they smell nearly identical if not the same. I just picked up a new re-formulated bottle a week or so ago. I miss the darker color, but that's about all. The new juice still has great longevity.

Don't own them, but have tried both at friends and agree with others that they smell the same.

Im wearing the original on my right and the reformulated on my left. Its been 1.5 hours and there is no discernible difference.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Im wearing the original on my right and the reformulated on my left. Its been 1.5 hours and there is no discernible difference.
    how about, say, 3-4 hours after application?

I did notice a differnce after about 4 to 5 hours.

Imagine this with me please.

Birch and vanilla are engaged in a fierce tug of war.
    For the first 3 or 4 hours vanilla is being pulled towards birch, it appears thta birch will win until about 4 or 5 hour into the perfume where vanilla's main strength is revelaed. Its stamina. Birch is weak. Vanilla pulls birch to the other end.

The above is for the old formula.

For the new formula, its the same as the above but imagine that the tug of war was taking place on a recently rained on field. Birch and vanilla's feet have sunk deep in the ground.
    You can smell this earthy, moist and dusty note in the background.

This difference only exists because I brought my arms up to my nose. Otherwise its a moot point.

for swap/sale:

thanks for the 'fantastique' descriptions!
    i will be expecting the bottle of the recent formulation inpatiently (hopefully the split fills in faster)

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I did notice a differnce after about 4 to 5 hours.

Imagine this with me please.

Birch and vanilla are engaged in a fierce tug of war.
    For the first 3 or 4 hours vanilla is being pulled towards birch, it appears thta birch will win until about 4 or 5 hour into the perfume where vanilla's main strength is revelaed. Its stamina. Birch is weak. Vanilla pulls birch to the other end.

The above is for the old formula.

For the new formula, its the same as the above but imagine that the tug of war was taking place on a recently rained on field. Birch and vanilla's feet have sunk deep in the ground.
    You can smell this earthy, moist and dusty note in the background.

This difference only exists because I brought my arms up to my nose. Otherwise its a moot point.

Your welcome.

for swap/sale: