Code of Conduct

Default need some help guys

Bit of a fragrance newb here. Not hardcore like many of you guys though
    I currently use Body Kouros, but feel it is too strong for summer use. I used to use CK Be and liked it alot, but want something new. I also had Polo Explorer for a while but wasn't too fond of that. I just got my gf back and want to smeel good but do not want to spend a fortune.

I have been reading around here alot. I was thinking Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts, maybe Ck Be again since it is cheap. Maybe even Gris Clair, but it seems very expensive. I want a nice summer scent (TB as I have heard it is like VIW) and another nice scent. I love body kouros but I do not like wearing the same thing all the time. I shower with Irish Spring..anything resemble that at all?

I like colognes that are not too strong as I have sensitive smell senses. I love the smells of lavender and coconut alot. Also anyone know if these things would be shipped to canada without hassle or maybe a shop in Toronto that would carry them? they would be blind buys

Thanks (just need some smell good help!)
    Andrew

Default Re: need some help guys

If you like lavender check out Caron Pour un Homme - it's well made, reasonably priced, works well in summer and available on most websites. A Canadian member may know a store in your area that carries it, but you may find it at a mall shop.

Dependent

Welcome Andrew! actually there have been alot of summer frag discussions and suggestions, and online store threads in the "Just starting out" boards, you may want to search there to broaden your scope. I gather you like something warm yet light and clean (VIW) or powdery/soapy(ck be).
    Personally I do like Ck be but it has to be the weakest scent ive had and terms of how long it lasts on me and how far it gets projected and is very flat - without much development notes wise. VIW is also very lightweight but I do love it in my warm and humid weather.

Considering you want something less sharp coz of sensitivity and do like cosy notes like Lavender and Coconut, Id suggest a couple that i think may fit the bill and are generally easily available

Paco Rabanne XS (smooth and earthy with a tint of mint)
    Hermes Hiris (if ck be is good for you, i believe this will be great)
    CK One (one of the best citrus/musk blends imo)
    Kenzo Power
    Gucci Envy (perfect oriental for day and night)
    Bulgari Soir (slightly creamy and woodsy tea based)
    Bulgari Aqua (can hardly go wrong with this killer aquatic)

Try Azzaro Chrome or Chanel Allure Homme Sport (silver bottle, not clear)

Both are great summery scents with excellent longevity and sillage, and big compliment getters. The Chanel is a bit pricey for a designer, as they don't sell to discount stores, but Chrome can be found for $30 or so online. As for the reccomendation for CK One, Azzaro Chrome is a dead ringer, just more masculine and with better sillage and longevity.

Dependent

Oh yeah and also check out the discounts and coupons boards in the market place for current online offerings

Thanks for all the help so far guys!

I really appreciate it. I probably am going to purchase a small bottle of Be again, just because I always got complimented non stop when I used to wear it, and it is nice and clean smelling!

VIW is too much money for me, so the Set Sail St.Barts I hear is very similar but cheaper?
    My brother has Chrome, and I have always disliked it because I find it rather sharp smelling.

I am going to check out that Bulgari Aqua as reading through an older thread on here I saw it compared to Set Sail St. Barts.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ30 View Post
    Thanks for all the help so far guys!

I really appreciate it. I probably am going to purchase a small bottle of Be again, just because I always got complimented non stop when I used to wear it, and it is nice and clean smelling!

VIW is too much money for me, so the Set Sail St.Barts I hear is very similar but cheaper?
    My brother has Chrome, and I have always disliked it because I find it rather sharp smelling.

I am going to check out that Bulgari Aqua as reading through an older thread on here I saw it compared to Set Sail St. Barts.
    You are most welcomed! Yes Creeds are generally the more expensive of the niche(from my limited knowledge), coz of relatively higher popularity, you should try to seek out testers or almost full bottles that are floating around our trusted BN Market place.
    Just Curious, isnt it much more worth it to get the 200ml Be instead, where Im from the difference in price of the 100 and 200ml is a mere 15 USD tops and i think its universally cheap. I mention this coz I often realize that with Be, I can spray up to 10 spritz and it still doesnt last more than 3-4 hours tops and the bottle finishes really fast, i reckon its better for you than compared to my skin chem maybe. Then again I also recognize that you may not be want to be stuck with a huge bottle since you may be considering another scent. Bulgari Aqua hardly disappoints and Ive yet to hear anything bad about it so far defo worth a try at least, very nice deep mossy scent that i think best represents the aquatic genre, very unlike other aquatics that use rather sharp citrus blends to heighten the "freshness". Anyways all the best and keep us updated
    Last edited by MFJ; 7th July 2009 at 01:25 AM.

+ 1 on Bulgari Aqua. Easy to wear, great for office/everyday use. If you want good aquatic juice that's easy to get, this would be a good choice.

I really like sherman's suggestions! Caron Pour un Homme is great in the summer and is lavenderlicious!

Bvlgari Aqva is fantastic in the summer and is very reasonable in terms of price. Great longevity

Thanks guys

I am going to pick up Be for sure. I just love that scent, it was always my smell.

Anyone have anything good to say about set sail st barts?
    I use Irish Spring body wash and have heard that Geurlain Vetiver smells like it. What does vetiver smell like?

I'd go with Caron's 3rd Man instead of Pour un Homme - it's like Rive Gauche with lavender added - great scent.
    - E.J.

If you are on a budget and want a decent frag with a strong lavender note, the original Lomani may be the one to go for. I think it's okay for summer, but I generally don't stay outside when it is very hot or humid.

Live Jazz is sublime for summer use.

I use Irish Spring body wash and have heard that Guerlain Vetiver smells like it.
    Not the Guerlain Vetiver I've sampled.

What does vetiver smell like?
    Depending on what it's paired with, you could have an herbal, grassy fragrance, something that strongly reminds you of cut wood, or even dark rich roots and earth.

Vetiver is one of the many perfume components that can be very nice by itself as a diluted essential oil. You might want to try that as a jumping-off point for exploration.

Dependent

Honestly its best to sample vetiver scents yourself to make out what you think it smells like. Quite a number of scents contain vetiver but don't smell at all similar, unless you bother singling out the vetiver note in each scent (something i'm really bad at). Guerlain vetiver in my personal opinion is a good one to start with.