Code of Conduct

Default Eau de Sisley 3 (does the red ginger note stay)?

Hi I was testing this fragrance yesterday and loved the opening top notes, especially the red ginger. However as the time wore on I only detected this scent coming and going at intervals. Does anyone else have problems discerning this delicious note continuously?

In my opinion its the best part of the scent but whether or not it stays will determine whether I make a future purchase.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Default Re: Eau de Sisley 3 (does the red ginger note stay)?

Posts here at BN state that these scents are fleeting. "Too light for my tastes", "Very light for the price", "overpriced for what they are", etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/community/s...ghlight=Sisley

Addenda to mikeperez23 post: Aerandir, what Mike is saying is true, eaux de colognes are fletting and light.
    Last edited by Pollux; 7th July 2009 at 09:24 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Well it is marketed as a cologne, which inherently are fleeting and light - right?

No 3 is the one from the trio that has excellent longevity on me (7 hours).
    Its reminds me of L'eau Bleue d'Issey.
    I personally have no trouble with this ginger note or discerning it. I would probably snag a bottle if they weren't 850 Danish kroner a pop!

just spotted them for only $90 at scentiments, but I don't know if they ship internationally?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    No 3 is the one from the trio that has excellent longevity on me (7 hours).
    Its reminds me of L'eau Bleue d'Issey.
    I personally have no trouble with this ginger note or discerning it. I would probably snag a bottle if they weren't 850 Danish kroner a pop!
    No 3 is my favourite of the three, it had good staying power but I remember that after the heart notes , the only lingering build of the fragrance left consisted of a lemonyish citrusy drydown which was pleasing but where was the red ginger!!! When I first sniffed the scent, that note stuck with me giving the fragrance an ethereal oriental twist with the already citrusy back drop. Awesome. Maybe I should give it another full on test before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gblue View Post
    just spotted them for only $90 at scentiments, but I don't know if they ship internationally?
    thanks, I shall investigate in due time
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 7th July 2009 at 10:51 PM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)