Code of Conduct

Default Dior Fahrenheit 32.

Like Fleur de Male, this is very flowery. I think this one is a kind of unisex fragrance. Maby a bit to feminine as a male-fragrance.. But it smell very nice! What do you think of it?

Default Re: Dior Fahrenheit 32.

Not really fond. There is a harsh synthetic aquatic note with something I smell as off-milk in the opening.

Sur la Plage

I do not think it is "feminine". I also am not real fond of it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Very sweet, very vanilla. Nice clubbing scent, but can't see much other use for it.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I do think that Fleur de Male is very femme but Fahrenheit 32 has a very deep vetiver note that runs through it. The note give a spicy yet raw sharp off set making the scent very masculine.

I think 32 gave me hope that Dior can create something daring again -

At one point I liked it but it grew on me in a negative way - vanilla/neroli over vetiver? I can see why someone would dig it but I don't. There's a big gulf in Dior between the brilliant (Dior Homme) and the trite (Higher Energy). I wish they hadn't used Fahrenheit's name, but that's probably what accounts for it being in continued production.

Blog Entries

When I first tried it, it was on display at the Dior cosmetic counter. I was in a hurry and quickly spritzed my wrists on my way thru the store. I was very pleasantly surprised and thought, "Finally, a new release that isn't a fruity-floral!" A couple of weeks later I went back and spoke to the SA when I couldn't find the bottle. I described it and what I could remember of the name ("It had numbers in it."). She looked at me blankly for a few seconds, then said, "Oh, that's a new men's release, Fahrenheit 32. It's upstairs with the men's fragrances." Men's? It never occurred to me.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Really nothing special, and I'd rather wear the cheapo, Ignition by Lomani, anyway. Also, I've found that several "women's" frags do the vanilla thing better: London by Paul Smith, Presence d'une femme, Amour de Cacao (which also has chocolate), etc., and of course Shalimar Light.

Dependent

I have it and love it, though many find it boring and linear. Its a very much toned down, sweeter and creamier version of the original which I am a huge fan of. And i do very much like FdM as well. If its TOO feminine for you then don't consider it. Personally if you find something nice enough, why bother if its too masculine or feminine? TONS of floral based frags are marketed for men for that matter.
    Last edited by MFJ; 8th July 2009 at 06:28 AM.

i used to love this dior, but i gave it to my dad; simply i cant stand it.. theres something dry and loud that make me sick, but i think is a nice fragance, sillage and longevity is amazing...

I own it and like it.

Yes the sillage and longevity of this scent is amazing for a dior men's scent

I think i like Geir by Geir Ness better. I also find some similarities with Kenzo Power.

Default Geir Ness vs Fahrenheit 32.

These two share some similarities. Wich one do you prefer? Geir ness longevity and sillage is amazing!
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 9th July 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Default Re: Geir Ness vs Fahrenheit 32.

What similarities do you smell? Please elaborate in your starting post, makes discussion easier to catch on
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    What similarities do you smell? Please elaborate in your starting post, makes discussion easier to catch on
    He did! "Longevity and Sillage"!

There is one review in the database that likens the two.

My experience does not match that. I didn't like 32 on first impression; I like Geir and wear it infrequently.

I have owned both. Geir is really nice. F32 almost made me sick. Geir is the best of the two. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I have owned both. Geir is really nice. F32 almost made me sick. Geir is the best of the two. Easily.
    Yes, F32 made me feel sick the one time I tried it. Will try it again, but with trepidation.

Geir du Male 32 smells like a wet raccoon sitting in an English garden.

He he... Look at the 3 first answers here. Some people just has to criticise.. To the rest, thank you for your opinions!

Basenotes Member

I like Dior Fahrenheit 32 - makes a good spring summer fragrance.

I own it, and wear it now and then. It kind of reminds me of Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche. Lemon vanilla. Not one of my favorites, but not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I own it and like it.
    Same here.

I own it and love it as well. so does my wife. Been wearing it alot these past couple weeks.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

This was my signature for a while (6 months or so). Its strange I never got the florals or the sweetness. It was very spicy vanilla to me. A bit different, I haven't smelled anything like it. I won't get it again, but enjoyed the time I had with it.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Fahrenheit 32 smelled like spoiled milk on my skin. It literally turns my stomach. Even when I tried going lighter on the trigger I got the same result. Cool weather, hot weather, indoor and outdoor I got this spoiled milk smell! This was one of the worst fragrances I have ever owned. Just gross IMO.