Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille & Chergui

It's been a while since since I've posted but life is busy right now.

I ventured to David Jones at lunchtime and had an opportunity to test some of the Tom Ford Private Blends. I was very impressed with Tobacco Vanille. It really is a honeyed tobacco and tonka bean delight so in one sense you get exactly what's advertised. The vanilla is not overly sweet and the pipe tobacco accord is reminiscent of exactly that.

2 hours later though and I just can't shake the similarities with Chergui. Chergui offers more transitions and rests on an amber base so I wouldn't call them identical. I wonder if anyone else has found the tobacco accord in both to be similar or even the fragrances to be interchangeable.

Default Re: Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille & Chergui

I didn't know that they sold Tom Ford Private Blends here in Melbourne....DJ in Chadstone don't have the Private Blend....just Black Orchid and Tom Ford for men....I've been spending money like crazy buying most them blind!

mate...how much do they sell a 50ml bottle for here? or the 250ml decanter? Did you check the prices?

coming to your question, I haven't tried Chergui, yet so can't really compare Tom Ford TV. However Tobacco Vanille is an excellent fragrance and so is Tuscan Leather, my favorite private blend.

You may be able to put them in the same category or style but they're still different scents.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I didn't know that they sold Tom Ford Private Blends here in Melbourne....DJ in Chadstone don't have the Private Blend....just Black Orchid and Tom Ford for men....I've been spending money like crazy buying most them blind!

mate...how much do they sell a 50ml bottle for here? or the 250ml decanter? Did you check the prices?

coming to your question, I haven't tried Chergui, yet so can't really compare Tom Ford TV. However Tobacco Vanille is an excellent fragrance and so is Tuscan Leather, my favorite private blend.
    they're only available in the city store , Tom Ford stand in the cosmetics building, bourke st mall They want crazy dollar bro, something like 275 for 50ml I think... Excellent fragrance but it's cheaper to buy Chergui for 175 from Mecca (not a bargain either by any stretch).
    Last edited by jathanas; 9th July 2009 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    You may be able to put them in the same category or style but they're still different scents.
    No argument friend they're different scents for sure, although, in my wardrobe of 50+ scents there is no room for both.

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    No argument friend they're different scents for sure, although, in my wardrobe of 50+ scents there is no room for both.
    Get the Chergui. It's more complex, interesting and cheaper.

Basenotes Institution

I have decants of both and enjoy both of them immensely - in cooler weather, that is.

I think they're different enough to warrant having both. I don't think Chergui is very vanilla prominent, on my skin. It's much more of a sweet, hay scent. The only thing that links both, is they are both very sweet!!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 9th July 2009 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Get the Chergui. It's more complex, interesting and cheaper.
    I agree, as a matter of fact I already own a FB of Chergui and its in my top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have decants of both and enjoy both of them immensely - in cooler weather, that is.

I think they're different enough to warrant having both. I don't think Chergui is very vanilla prominent, on my skin. It's much more of a sweet, hay scent. The only thing that links both, is they are both very sweet!!
    Mike I find the tobacco accord to be very prominent and similar in both. Like you I don't get vanilla in Chergui

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    they're only available in the city store , Tom Ford stand in the cosmetics building, bourke st mall They want crazy dollar bro, something like 275 for 50ml I think... Excellent fragrance but it's cheaper to buy Chergui for 175 from Mecca (not a bargain either by any stretch).
    Thanks for the info mate....I'd peep in as & when I get a chance.