Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 9 July

Good morning!

Woke up at six because of a thunderstorm, and it's still raining and pouring. One more day in sunny and bright TDC Bergamote for me.

Have a good one!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 9th July 2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: fatal error aka the sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 9 July

Yann Vasnier's

DIVINE
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: SotD Thursday 9 July

Beyond Love
    by
    Kilian

Coco - Chanel
    Wishlist is pointless.

A generous dose of a pick-me -up - Bond No. 9 New Haarlem

Jungle Elephant
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Hello All! I have missed you! Have been away on holiday to Spain, and am now returned to the daily grind and nitty-gritty of everyday life!

Charmingly, on my doormat I found a package from none other than the fabulous TAO, who sent me a gorgeous selection of curiosities that will be carefully sampled over the next few days. Taking pride of place, however, were two monster scents: the glorious Habanita and Paco Rabanne's La Nuit, which is my SotD.

La Nuit is truly first-rate, and I am staggered as to why this was discontinued. I find PR's current offerings 'unremarkable' at best, but this juice is wonderful, and smells of quality, if in a very monied 80s way. It is generally categorised as a leather, but on me it is more of a sweet and sumptuous chypre, with the honeyed woods and oakmoss especially prominent. It's certainly forthright, and could be unisex to my mind, and is an audacious, Dynasty-era reworking of something far more stately and classic. It's a fabulous, glamorous scent with great staying power and evolution.

Thank you, Tao, darling!

Hope everyone is happy and well,

Soir

xx
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Armani Privé Bois d'Encens
    next to a drop of the the lovely Myrrh oil from the "Legendary woods & resins" box.
    Thank you G, I love the Myrhh most of all the samples

A warm welcome to all the new posters on the SotD thread!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Happy Birthday to lizzie_j!! I hope you see this and I hope things are getting better for you.

I heard on the local news last night the most depressing stat. In weather terms a sunny day is considered to be a day when the sun is shining for greater than 70% of the day. In Boston since May 3rd we've had THREE of those days. The Florida Boy is not amused.
    Since Mother Nature is not cooperating I'm going to start spraying things on that make me feel like its sunny anyway.

Hermes Terre D'Hermes

Popular. When did a term that should be considered a positive gain a negative connotation? It goes something like this; I love Stephen King books but, you know, his books are just popular. Doesn't it take a great deal of skill to be popular? It isn't like it is something everybody can do. The truly popular seem to be rare things. When we downgrade popular to make it a criticism are we speaking of ourselves? Yes there is a fragrance review in here. Terre D'Hermes is probably the most popular fragrance produced in the last few years. It was created in 2006 by Jean-Claude Ellena and was initially received to a chorus of great reviews. More recently I've seen more criticism of it which seems to boil down to "I like Terre D'Hermes but, you know, its popular." I am going to speak in defense of popularity today using Terre D'Hermes as my example. Jean-Claude Ellena is one of the current star perfumers out there and he is one of the few who regularly works the non-niche side of things. Ever since he became the head nose at Hermes he has skillfully divided his creations between the niche-like Hermessence line and the the designer side of things. Terre D'Hermes shows all of Ellena's skills as a composer of scents and does it in a non-niche way. Thus making it, you know, popular. The top of Terre D'Hermes comes in on a citrus breeze of grapefruit and orange. M. Ellena has become more skilled with the use of citrus and this is an extension of the themes begun in the Un Jardin series composed earlier for Hermes. The citrus is so realistic it smells like the grove is just out of sight around the next corner. The absolute stunning aspect of Terre D'Hermes takes place in the presence of this flint note in the heart. This is an unusual choice and a telling one. The mineral character that this gives to this scent indeed calls up the titular "Terre" or Earth and makes one feel the ground that those citrus trees are growing in and creates a unique scent experience. The base of this is almost the trademark of M. Ellena as he takes the usually strong notes of vetiver, cedar, and patchouli and instead creates an airy mix of these three which does not overwhelm and instead complements and accentuates the composition as a whole. M. Ellena has become a master of allowing every phase of his scents to be allowed to expand and breathe and in Terre D'Hermes I think he has created a singular masculine masterpiece. If, you know, its too popular for you to wear well then, you know, you're missing out on a great scent. Which, you know, is too bad.

Have a Transcendent Thursday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 9th July 2009 at 12:21 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Good morning everybody and welcome to all the newcomers on BN! Today is FINALLY some sunshine! The rainy and cold weather has kind of affected my mood lately...So these sunny days are precious! Today I'm wearing a scent that feels very sunny and happpy to me, Feminite du bois. Last but not least: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to LIZZIE!!!! Hope it's a great one

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Christian Dior - Eau Sauvage Frachieur Cuir (Leather Freshness). Good stuff!

Top notes: Sicilian Lemon
    Middel notes: Hedione, Aromatic Herbs, Cedar
    Base notes: Chypre Accord, Ambry Leather

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I agree SMM, about 'popular' being a very peculiar negative. I was once accused of being 'resolutely middlebrow' and while it was meant as a barb, I took it as a complement. Yes, it's good to stretch yourself sometimes and get out of your 'comfort zone', but popularity, like longevity, often recognises quality.

Happy birthday LizzieJ. May the White Stripes serenade you today.

Seeing Joe's Eau Sauvage above reminded me that I tried Diorella last week. It's as good as you all say it is, and yes, it's incredibly like Eau Sauvage. Very good in hot weather.

Last night a new member joined our family. He is wee and ginger and white and Small has named him JJ. I did say that's utter laziness - you haven't named him you've just initialed him. But Small doesn't get my Terry Pratchett jokes and just looked witheringly at me and said "That's his name, Mummy."
    He is outstandingly cute and weeny and very cuddlable. Today he has spent a lot of time under the sofa. And he's just weed in his bed. Better there than under the sofa. Thanks for all the suggestions for names - they're great. We did try to suggest some to Small, but she was having none of it. I wanted to call him Bernie Bernstein, because that's the German for Amber, but nope. Big suggested Kurbis, which is German for Pumpkin. Again, nope. Gio would be perfect, especially since he's just made Acqua But JJ he is.

So in honour of our little ginger boy, today I shall spend the day in The Gingerbread Whorehouse. Gosh I hope someone asks what I'm wearing!
    Last edited by Wordbird; 9th July 2009 at 01:01 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Troopics quiet--no big storm development in sight so what better time to make Gendarme SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Happy Birthday to LIzzie!

Cake for breakfast...

I'm wearing Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight this morning, but I may have to shower this off if the patchouli doesn't sit down and behave soon. I don't remember it being quite this potent!

Have a good day, all!

By Kilian Straight to Heaven

Happy B-Day to Lizzie J. Champers all around...and cake and prezzies and lotsa yer favert smellies!!

And congrats to the Wordies on JJ...their new ginger/marmalade addition from MY marmalade Alzee!!

(And thanx to Quarry for these WONderful Smilies!!)

And Kate, I'm with YOU on La Nuit!! SUCH a Big Girl fume...shall we see if we can find a bottle and split it?

And where woud we be without each other? Petrucijjc sent me an Histoire de Parfums sample which led me down the HdP trail and I've been exploring the line and loving it.

Today it's gonna be 1804....George Sand...a lovely floriental. Outta the vial came what smelt like coffee but is probably something from the bottom notes of santal and musk. anyway the top of tiare and peach came together almost immediately with the beautiful heart of clove and jasmine and muguet and rose with the vanilla musk still present.

On my bod, many frags are present all at once from the very start...must be the age and the climate.

Out of the five I've sampled...all have been winners. OH to be fabulously wealthy.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy Birthday, Lizzie, any others I might have missed...

Love to JJ, Wordie, Small, Big

I agree, SMM- it's unfortunate when popularity diminishes one's pleasure !
    I think that the 'wording' can make a HUGE difference...
    For example, I might choose to say that a certain fragrance 'is well- loved' or 'often appreciated on a grand scale'.
    [There,now. Doesn't THAT feel better, LOL ? !]

SMM knows that if there is a gentler way of saying something, I will CONTORT myself until I've found it.
    [He also gives me the freedom to say things unvarnished, without guilt- entre nous-
    Yet one more reeason to love him- besides his soft lips ]

OK.
    Enough mush.
    My sotd represents my household: CHAOS.

I'm absent because we are tearing our flat APART, no lie.
    The mice have made mincemeat out of our only closet...so I am turning myself into a pretzel in there.
    The bath is almost done- new sink went in.

I love you all MORE THAN CHEESE.
    Yup, I DO.
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 9th July 2009 at 01:30 PM.

Breathing green with Les Nez The Unicorn Spell

Villoresi ALAMUT - Delicious full oriental with spices, amber and musk
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Here's one you hardly ever see: Samsara Shine.

Samsara itself doesn't get much play on the boards, or with me personally. The aggressive amounts of ylang-ylang and sandalwood in the original become harsh on me, making it seem as if Samsara is trying too hard. Samsara was released in 1989, which put it at the end of the "serious Oriental" phase that had its apex 11 or 12 years prior with Opium and Cinnabar. It tries so hard to be a statement fragrance in that genre that, rather than being progressive, it is a recidivist scent totally preoccupied with being the ne plus ultra of that category. And it fails, I think, by bombast.

The Shine variant came along some years later, thinning out the original and adding sharp, tangy fruit notes and musk. This is an easier way to wear Samsara and, overall, not an embarrassment to the original.

Shine begins by being recognizably Samsara. The signature of Samsara (the rubbery, pliable ylang-ylang and the sandalwood) is intact, just less intense. A bittersweet, bracing pomegranate note is squeezed on the top and remains nearly throughout, adding sharpness that starts, on me, to go slightly sour over time. This is not a disagreeable feature.

I hadn't noticed that the original Samsara had a rosy heart, but Shine does, and it smells like a Guerlain lipstick. This effect is heightened by a musky base that reads as a bit waxy. As opposed to original Samsara, Shine is more decipherable. Whatever became obscure in the original because of the overwhelming emphasis on thick-lidded Orientalism is easier to read in Shine. One doesn't get the sense that Shine is one of those gumbo flankers that has been concocted merely by tossing in random, au courant materials. It seems well thought out and offers an excellent take on fruity/floral theme. Bonus: dirt cheap.
    Last edited by Orion; 9th July 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Orion: you are a brilliant writer.

AND

Tao: YES! Let's do it! Let's split!!!

xxx
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Happy birthday Lizzie!

Today I wear Hypnôse
    I think I could wear this every day!
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Lizzie!

Thanks to lovely BlackCat, I am testing Parfums DelRae Amoureuse today. Boy, is it ever pretty! Voluptuous, feminine and utterly beguiling.

Notes: tangerine, cardamom, French tuberose, French jasmine, Tahitian ginger lily, cedar, moss, sandalwood, honey

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy Birthday, Lizzie J!

Taoladay: I get HUGe pineapple in 1804, especially the first /2 hour or so. Your bottle sounds more subtle. I like yours better!

Putain des Palaces today:

Naughty name, naughty picture, nice scent.

I've been a bad girl: I bought the Etat Libre collector's coffret.

Here's what it looks like:

Last edited by Nostalgie; 9th July 2009 at 03:11 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday Lizzie ! Have a very good year ahead !

Good morning all ! It's Vol De Nuit extrait for me this morning- I'm in a Vol De Nuit kinda mood.

I also just added my Vol De Nuit EDT to my sales thread ( yes, shameless plug, I guess ) The EDt is gorgeous but I much prefer the extrait.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

Heritage (After Shave) by Guerlain on the chest and face and Heritage (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain on the wrists.

Insprred by shermanirving's layering thread yesterday, I thought I'd test out this combo. My EdP is from a sample - I think it's vintage juice. Gosh, I really must invest in a bottle of this stuff sooner or later.

Happy birthday to lizzie_j, have not seen her here on BN for loooooooong time!

Wordie, pictures?

Rem_dreams, I like SL Santal Blanc very much, so congratulations on your fabulous find.

Joining Brielle in Guy Laroche Clandestine, because I can!

Happy birthday, Lizzie! I'm wearing eau de saltfish....spent most of the morning boning salted cod.... need something refreshing. I think CSP Ecume de The is what I'll go for today :-)

Nostalgie, that coffret is simply lovely. Enjoy it!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Sabi. Carry me to the moon, Sabi. Oh, my stars, Sabi.

Cheery tidings and good blessings to all whose eyeballs travel here.

I don't generally relate to Gil Elvgren's pin-up girls, however, I can associate with the comedic clutziness of the one in today's avatar, titled "Help Wanted."
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Sensuous

Lizzie J: Happy Birthday!

Wordbird: Congratulations on JJ! I await your new avatar!

Taolady: Yes, Histoire de Parfums is a wonderful line. I crave a FB of 1969. Not only is it lovely, but, in 1969, I was an active part of the tumult. However, on me, none of the line lasts more than 30 minutes or so.

Today, I am wearing Baroque parfum by Fragonard, one of a trio of delightful ebay purchases!

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday to Lizzie_J!

I'm snooping around my sisters perfume collection today whilst she's at work & the preteens sleep. The girls had a sleepover last night.

I got into her L'Artisan Jacinthe Des Bois aaaaahhhh, nice!

My SotD is Guerlain Vetiver.

Blog Entries

A cool day, just right for The Thymes Limón, the only citrus I have that I actually prefer in cool weather (because the cassis note becomes too gamey in hot, humid weather.)

Happy Birthday Lizzie have a wonderful one.

Nostalgie-I want your settee, I absolutely love it and the colour also.

((Chaya)) we need to get you out for a cocktail.

Wordie, when will you post pictures of the kitty, or even better kitty an Small

Welcome back SoirdeLune- Bet your time in Spain was marvelous, wish i could have been there.

Twolfie, I am so glad you have and are wearing Clandestine, it truly is such a little known gem. It brings back great memories, well some naughty ones too.

Today I am going to wear a little bit of Orval by Molinard, but then I am going into Boston and will try on some SMN at Louis Boston. A dear friend sent me a sample of one, now I must smell others.

Hope all of you will have a fabulous day, love and hugs.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I'm in L'Artisan's Passage d'Enfer today....and I am JUMPING OUT OF MY SKIN because 4 out of my 5 packages of scent should be arriving in this afternoon's post! (I splurged this past weekend and got a nice decant on ScentSplits, a lot of 2 frags on ebay, and a MASSIVE order from TPC...(which is coming from 3 of 4 ladies of the court!)

I am about to be fabulous smelling for a long, long time!

Happy birthday lizzie.

Platinum Egoiste today.
    Last edited by Jasper; 9th July 2009 at 04:56 PM.

Honeysuckle Bird by Soivohle'.

Happy Birthday, LizzieJ! Hope you are having a grand time celebrating. SOTD is China Pearl by Ava Luxe. Take care, all.

Orion ~ I could read your writings endlessly! Now I have to try Samsara Shine!

Happy Birthday wishes to lizzie_j wherever you may be.

Wearing Armani Prive's Cuir Amethyst for an afternoon dental appt.

I'm wearing Exact Friction of the Stars today from a sample. I am meeting my husband for lunch and he loves the sweet coconut scent on me. Perhaps enough for me to order a bottle.

Welcome home Soir, and Happy Birthday Lizzie (miss you!). Wordbird, I hope you will post photos and stories about JJ in the Cat People social group area. SMM, Terre de Hermes is gorgeous on my husband. IMO, it's GOOD when excellent fragrances get the attention they deserve!

My SotD is Miller et Bertaux Shanti Shanti. It's a beautiful rose blend that reminds me quite a bit of Sonoma Scent Studio Velvet Rose. They both feature a similarly shimmering fresh rose. TPC lists the following notes for Shanti Shanti: Bulgarian rose petals, iris extract, cardamom, patchouli and Indian sandalwood.

sotd:
    Serge Lutens
    Serge Noire
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Montana Parfum d'Elle

AND Happy Birthday Lizzie!
    Last edited by Zibeline; 9th July 2009 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post

Nostalgie-I want your settee, I absolutely love it and the colour also.

Thank you! I got them (there are 2) at a local antique shop. Seemed like the perfect backdrop for Putain and her fiends!

So here's a #11 for Quarry's list: You POSE your perfumes to take their portraits.

So much chaos at work yesterday that I couldn't check in...sucked

Today I am in Visa. Is there a Robert Piguet that I don't like? No, I don't think so.

Wordie, your news about JJ reminded me of a sign we have in our lobby:

Small children must be controlled or will be given espresso and a free kitten.

Lizzie J, Happy Birthday to you! Hope you check in very soon.

Wishing everyone a calm, zen day.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Happy Birthday, lizzie_j! I hope all is well.
    It looks like it's bashful_in_newyork's birthday too. Happy Birthday.
    Haven't seen either of you in a while...

I'm in one of my happiest-making fragrances today. I think I'll wear it for the next few days...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Welcome home Soir, and Happy Birthday Lizzie (miss you!). Wordbird, I hope you will post photos and stories about JJ in the Cat People social group area.
    What Haunani said goes for me as well!

Am also thrilled to hear her opinion that Shanti Shanti has a lot in common with SSS Velvet Rose, which I happen to own and adore, and since it's MUCH more affordable than the Miller et Bertaux, I am substantially less tempted (although of course now I must do a side by side smelling comparison...)!

My house is currently a big disaster and makes me sneeze from all the plaster dust and paint fumes in two of the three 1st floor rooms. But I am hopeful it will be WONDERFUL when finished (was supposed to be today, but will now likely be closer to Saturday). I'm crossing fingers and toes that everything dries by Sunday, when I've got some massive amounts of cooking for friends planned!

Right, SoTD. Yesterday was the beautiful Caron Alpona and today it's Institut Tres Bien Cologne a L'Italienne.

Alpona just makes my heart sing. LOVE it!!!

The ITB is okay, but woefully unsuited to Boston's cranky, chilly and overcast weather. Like SomervilleMetroMan, I was hoping that wearing a warm, sunny scent would pull me out of the doldrums caused by lack of sunshine. Unfortunately, Cologne a L'Italienne isn't quite warm and sunny enough to pull this off for me. I may have to drown my sorrows in... more Alpona!
    Last edited by ComDiva; 9th July 2009 at 06:53 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

L'Artisan Parfumeur
    TIMBUKTU

Testing Parfums MDCI Le Rivage des Syrtes. Am appreciating it but not *liking* it, at the moment.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Clair de Musc.

Happy Birthday to Lizzie!!!

Late SotD post-shower is Rumeur by Lanvin, which I am luuuuurrrrving lately! It works so beautifully in this hot, strangely non-humid weather we've been having. The nail polish remover dries up in no time and what emerges is a floral softly woodsy synthetic dryer sheet fragrance. What can I say, it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    What Haunani said goes for me as well!

Am also thrilled to hear her opinion that Shanti Shanti has a lot in common with SSS Velvet Rose, which I happen to own and adore, and since it's MUCH more affordable than the Miller et Bertaux, I am substantially less tempted (although of course now I must do a side by side smelling comparison...)!
    I would just like to second Haunani's comparison of Shanti Shanti to Velvet Rose - definitely got the same vibe with both.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Dearest Liz, happy birthday to you! Make it a great one. You're being missed around these parts.

That's a very impressive looking kit, Nostalgie! What's the size of the bottles?

Dark Amber & Ginger Lily for comfort today. I've been out of sorts for days now, can't seem to snap out of it. Ugh. Life.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Veuve,I hate those days. Feel better.

[the bottles are 10 ml]

Le Labo Gaiac earlier and the original version of Rich Hippie now.

Basenotes Institution

Veuve - I have those days too- I feel like I'm in the twilight zone and it's hard to get out of. Be kind to yourself and do something nice for yourself ,girl ! *BIG HUG *

This afternoon , I am revisiting Eau De Soir- gorgeous , that minty note never fails to get me - this scent lasts forever with just two sprays. Sisley No.3 - the new one- is much like Eau De Soir - I was told by the SA at Fortnum's when I was in London that it is indeed based on Eau De Soir.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th July 2009 at 09:34 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

So much positive energy here today...love stopping by here every morning...

Today got a late start at work b/c I had to do the mammogram 1st thing this morning. TMI, perhaps - but it's one of those things that never really should be put off, right? We always take care of our loved ones, but sometimes we don't take care of ourselves...

In preparation for the smooshing, I was reminded that I'm not supposed to put on lotion or cream or deodorant or perfume...so the first thing I did once I was back at my desk was spritz on the...

SOTD: FM L'Eau d'Hiver

Hugs to all!

Neroli Sauvage by Creed.
    Gary