Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: SotD Thursday 9 July

Sensuous
    Currently wearing: Naturelle by Yves Rocher

Lizzie J: Happy Birthday!

Wordbird: Congratulations on JJ! I await your new avatar!

Taolady: Yes, Histoire de Parfums is a wonderful line. I crave a FB of 1969. Not only is it lovely, but, in 1969, I was an active part of the tumult. However, on me, none of the line lasts more than 30 minutes or so.

Today, I am wearing Baroque parfum by Fragonard, one of a trio of delightful ebay purchases!

Blog Entries

Happy birthday to Lizzie_J!

I'm snooping around my sisters perfume collection today whilst she's at work & the preteens sleep. The girls had a sleepover last night.

I got into her L'Artisan Jacinthe Des Bois aaaaahhhh, nice!

My SotD is Guerlain Vetiver.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

A cool day, just right for The Thymes Limón, the only citrus I have that I actually prefer in cool weather (because the cassis note becomes too gamey in hot, humid weather.)

Happy Birthday Lizzie have a wonderful one.

Nostalgie-I want your settee, I absolutely love it and the colour also.

((Chaya)) we need to get you out for a cocktail.

Wordie, when will you post pictures of the kitty, or even better kitty an Small

Welcome back SoirdeLune- Bet your time in Spain was marvelous, wish i could have been there.

Twolfie, I am so glad you have and are wearing Clandestine, it truly is such a little known gem. It brings back great memories, well some naughty ones too.

Today I am going to wear a little bit of Orval by Molinard, but then I am going into Boston and will try on some SMN at Louis Boston. A dear friend sent me a sample of one, now I must smell others.

Hope all of you will have a fabulous day, love and hugs.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I'm in L'Artisan's Passage d'Enfer today....and I am JUMPING OUT OF MY SKIN because 4 out of my 5 packages of scent should be arriving in this afternoon's post! (I splurged this past weekend and got a nice decant on ScentSplits, a lot of 2 frags on ebay, and a MASSIVE order from TPC...(which is coming from 3 of 4 ladies of the court!)

I am about to be fabulous smelling for a long, long time!

Happy birthday lizzie.

Platinum Egoiste today.
    Last edited by Jasper; 9th July 2009 at 03:56 PM.

Honeysuckle Bird by Soivohle'.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

Happy Birthday, LizzieJ! Hope you are having a grand time celebrating. SOTD is China Pearl by Ava Luxe. Take care, all.

Orion ~ I could read your writings endlessly! Now I have to try Samsara Shine!

Happy Birthday wishes to lizzie_j wherever you may be.

Wearing Armani Prive's Cuir Amethyst for an afternoon dental appt.

I'm wearing Exact Friction of the Stars today from a sample. I am meeting my husband for lunch and he loves the sweet coconut scent on me. Perhaps enough for me to order a bottle.

Welcome home Soir, and Happy Birthday Lizzie (miss you!). Wordbird, I hope you will post photos and stories about JJ in the Cat People social group area. SMM, Terre de Hermes is gorgeous on my husband. IMO, it's GOOD when excellent fragrances get the attention they deserve!

My SotD is Miller et Bertaux Shanti Shanti. It's a beautiful rose blend that reminds me quite a bit of Sonoma Scent Studio Velvet Rose. They both feature a similarly shimmering fresh rose. TPC lists the following notes for Shanti Shanti: Bulgarian rose petals, iris extract, cardamom, patchouli and Indian sandalwood.

Blog Entries

sotd:
    Serge Lutens
    Serge Noire
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Montana Parfum d'Elle

AND Happy Birthday Lizzie!
    Last edited by Zibeline; 9th July 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post

Nostalgie-I want your settee, I absolutely love it and the colour also.

Thank you! I got them (there are 2) at a local antique shop. Seemed like the perfect backdrop for Putain and her fiends!

So here's a #11 for Quarry's list: You POSE your perfumes to take their portraits.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

So much chaos at work yesterday that I couldn't check in...sucked

Today I am in Visa. Is there a Robert Piguet that I don't like? No, I don't think so.

Wordie, your news about JJ reminded me of a sign we have in our lobby:

Small children must be controlled or will be given espresso and a free kitten.

Lizzie J, Happy Birthday to you! Hope you check in very soon.

Wishing everyone a calm, zen day.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Happy Birthday, lizzie_j! I hope all is well.
    It looks like it's bashful_in_newyork's birthday too. Happy Birthday.
    Haven't seen either of you in a while...

I'm in one of my happiest-making fragrances today. I think I'll wear it for the next few days...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Welcome home Soir, and Happy Birthday Lizzie (miss you!). Wordbird, I hope you will post photos and stories about JJ in the Cat People social group area.
    What Haunani said goes for me as well!

Am also thrilled to hear her opinion that Shanti Shanti has a lot in common with SSS Velvet Rose, which I happen to own and adore, and since it's MUCH more affordable than the Miller et Bertaux, I am substantially less tempted (although of course now I must do a side by side smelling comparison...)!

My house is currently a big disaster and makes me sneeze from all the plaster dust and paint fumes in two of the three 1st floor rooms. But I am hopeful it will be WONDERFUL when finished (was supposed to be today, but will now likely be closer to Saturday). I'm crossing fingers and toes that everything dries by Sunday, when I've got some massive amounts of cooking for friends planned!

Right, SoTD. Yesterday was the beautiful Caron Alpona and today it's Institut Tres Bien Cologne a L'Italienne.

Alpona just makes my heart sing. LOVE it!!!

The ITB is okay, but woefully unsuited to Boston's cranky, chilly and overcast weather. Like SomervilleMetroMan, I was hoping that wearing a warm, sunny scent would pull me out of the doldrums caused by lack of sunshine. Unfortunately, Cologne a L'Italienne isn't quite warm and sunny enough to pull this off for me. I may have to drown my sorrows in... more Alpona!
    Last edited by ComDiva; 9th July 2009 at 05:53 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

L'Artisan Parfumeur
    TIMBUKTU

Testing Parfums MDCI Le Rivage des Syrtes. Am appreciating it but not *liking* it, at the moment.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Clair de Musc.

Happy Birthday to Lizzie!!!

Late SotD post-shower is Rumeur by Lanvin, which I am luuuuurrrrving lately! It works so beautifully in this hot, strangely non-humid weather we've been having. The nail polish remover dries up in no time and what emerges is a floral softly woodsy synthetic dryer sheet fragrance. What can I say, it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    What Haunani said goes for me as well!

Am also thrilled to hear her opinion that Shanti Shanti has a lot in common with SSS Velvet Rose, which I happen to own and adore, and since it's MUCH more affordable than the Miller et Bertaux, I am substantially less tempted (although of course now I must do a side by side smelling comparison...)!
    I would just like to second Haunani's comparison of Shanti Shanti to Velvet Rose - definitely got the same vibe with both.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Dearest Liz, happy birthday to you! Make it a great one. You're being missed around these parts.

That's a very impressive looking kit, Nostalgie! What's the size of the bottles?

Dark Amber & Ginger Lily for comfort today. I've been out of sorts for days now, can't seem to snap out of it. Ugh. Life.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Veuve,I hate those days. Feel better.

[the bottles are 10 ml]
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Le Labo Gaiac earlier and the original version of Rich Hippie now.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

Basenotes Institution

Veuve - I have those days too- I feel like I'm in the twilight zone and it's hard to get out of. Be kind to yourself and do something nice for yourself ,girl ! *BIG HUG *

This afternoon , I am revisiting Eau De Soir- gorgeous , that minty note never fails to get me - this scent lasts forever with just two sprays. Sisley No.3 - the new one- is much like Eau De Soir - I was told by the SA at Fortnum's when I was in London that it is indeed based on Eau De Soir.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th July 2009 at 08:34 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

So much positive energy here today...love stopping by here every morning...

Today got a late start at work b/c I had to do the mammogram 1st thing this morning. TMI, perhaps - but it's one of those things that never really should be put off, right? We always take care of our loved ones, but sometimes we don't take care of ourselves...

In preparation for the smooshing, I was reminded that I'm not supposed to put on lotion or cream or deodorant or perfume...so the first thing I did once I was back at my desk was spritz on the...

SOTD: FM L'Eau d'Hiver

Hugs to all!

Neroli Sauvage by Creed.
    Gary