Code of Conduct

Thread: Newbie Intro...

Default Newbie Intro...

Just wanted to delurk & say hello. I am an artisan soaper, chandler, and all around scent freak. I'm just dipping my toes into the niche fragrance world, though I have quite a few existing scents in my soap & candle oils (dupes from Serge Lutens, Profumum, Costes, etc.).

I'm starting small, doing tons of research & ordering some samples. My other hobbies keep my Visa smokin' as it is...

And I should be just "Outlandish" but I botched my registration!

Dependent

Default Re: Newbie Intro...

Warmest of Welcomes! Like you I've just started my climb of the niche mountain and i think what you're doing so far with the researching and sampling is a great start already. About smoking your CC, i think joining BN would actually help you with seething out the better deals so its all good

We have more "outlandish" nicks around really

Basenotes Institution

Hello and a warm welcome to you Outlandish ! I hope you find many friends here and much knowledge too !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hee! Ooutlandish sounds a bit like you have the stereotypical Canadian/Northern Midwestern Accent, eh? You betcha.

Welcome! You're smart to be focusing on samples...check out the many threads for sources for cheap-to-free ones!

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

Well my first samples came today, so that is keeping my sniffer busy So far I am enjoying
    10 Corso Como & L'artisan Safran Troublant the most. I find that I like a LOT of scents, but to get me to part with the $$ I've learned it has to really make me weak in the knees! I think the first scent that did that for me was Laura Biagiotti's Venezia back in the '90s.

Off to huff some coffee and start over!

Welcome, Outlandish!

I'm sure you'll find the folks here very helpful and knowledgeable! They're a great resource, I'm definitely learning a lot as I start my scenty journey.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

A very nice welcome to you, outlandish! You sound like a person who has a lot to bring to this particular hobby and forum. I too am a candle-maker and I have taken a soap-making class, so I appreciate your background. We look forward to dialogue with you.
    Cheers, ody
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas