Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default What Perfume Does Your Mom or Dad wear ?

I'm interested to know what your Mom or Dad wears or has worn in the past ? Has it influenced your choices in perfume today ?
    I posted on a thread today about other fragrance uses. It got me thinking about my mother's perfume wardrobe ( she used Ma Griffe and Chantilly on herself and also her dogs! But that's another story ! )

My Mom has drawers filled with empty bottles , unopened bottles and semi used bottles from Guerlain perfumes, Gucci, Armani, Cartier, Elizabeth Arden, Je Reviens, Clarins and God knows what else. She kept a vintage bottle of Opium which I took ownership of ! I guess I get my perfume habit from her.
    Dad used Brut and Old Spice. I've tried to update him but to no avail !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 10th July 2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: darned spelling
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Default Re: What Perfume Does Your Mom or Dad wear ?

My mother used to wear, Arpege, Chantilly, Emeraude, L'air du temps, Je Reviens, Femme and Mystere by Rochas.
    Now she has left those all in the past and wears Dolce Vita by Dior and Tresor by Lancome.
    She definitely coloured my fragrant choices. But I grew to love Guerlain and she always detested all things by them, with a passion. She thought they were "cheap".

My father has been gone for many years but his last scent was by Pierre Cardin
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Mom used to religiously wear Cabochard, Bal a Versailles, Knowing and Private Collection the most. Currently, she in on a daily rotation with the Amouages, Bandit, LaddM and Bois d'encens (all mine )

Dad wears the cliche "father" fragrance: Eau Sauvage. He also enjoys Herrara for Men, Dunhill (forgot which one), Allure Homme Sport and Blanche. Oh...and Old Spice

Basenotes Institution

Off the point here , but staying ' in the family' - my sister is my evil scent twin !
    If she hates my perfume then I know it's right! She loves light perfumes and rarely uses anything else but Jo Malone Honeysuckle something or the other.
    It's so funny we are so different with scent.

Sur la Plage

My mother used to like to wear Forever Krystle, since she liked to watch Dynasty and Krystle was her favorite character. She would never wear Scoundrel, which was the Joan Collins fragrance, since she hated the character of Alexis.

She bought my father Carrington to wear to compliment her.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hillaire

Mother: Cabochard or O de Lancome, as long as I can recall and still, each day
    Father much more of a fragrance fanatic (and always tasteful): I remember phases of: Antaeus, Givenchy Gentleman, Heritage, Azzaro, Krizia Uomo, Fendi Uomo, and Halston Z14 ... Now he wears mostly Rive Gauche, lots of it.

My Mom wears Shalimar EdT. My dad once bought her a bottle of L'Heure Bleu and she didn't like it (hence I axquired it). My dad no longer wears fragrance because he claims it makes him sneeze, but when I was young he wore Guerlain Imperiale. The vintage bottle in his bathroom still smells great. I was close with my grandfather who wore Polo in the winter and Rochas Moustache in the summer.

Blog Entries

Dad wore Old Spice after shave.

Mom wore Mary Chess White Lilac when I was very young, and kept on her dresser an ancient and discolored bottle of Chanel No. 5 that must have been very deteriorated. It smelled pretty bad to me.

Later on she wore Halston and still later, Poison.

These days she only dabs on bergamot in a carrier oil, as Dad is frail and has become sensitive to perfumes.

I think she would be shocked if she saw how many fragrances I have.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 10th July 2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: dad's scent-- had it wrong

My mom's signature fragrance is Femme.
    My dad was the perfumisto: Egoiste, Allure Homme, Lagerfeld, Farenheit, Pasha Menthe, Santos, Lacoste-Jean Patou, Declaration.
    Evenstar

My mother didn't wear perfume when I was a kid, still doesn't. The only exceptions were L'Air du Temps which she got for Christmas (can't stand it, it makes me sneeze violently) and Chanel no 5 which I gave her because I had heard her saying she liked it. I gave her a 100 ml bottle of EdT in 1986 and there's still one third left.

So no, I have certainly not inherited my interest in scents from her!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

My mother wore Replique and Chanel No. 5 when I was little, and my dad wore Old Spice or Canoe. When I began to explore scents, right around my junior year of high school, I began influencing them, funnily enough. To this day, I still pick out special scents for both of them, and my mom, especially, enjoys what I pick. Truth be told, my dad's tastes have gone very mainstream in the last decade or so. (But as long as he is happy.)

My mom wears Molinard de Molinard now that I've given it to her-and wears it well.
    She previously wore Michael by Michael Kors (which she bought on clearance at Walgreens).
    Other than those, the only thing I know is that she likes orange blossom and tuberose.

The only things I remember my mum wearing are Ysatis (because someone gave it to her as a gift) and Le Jardin .
    I got my bottle of Joy from her third hand because she didn't like it after she got it from my aunt for the same reason so my perfumista leaning didn't come from mum.

I only ever remember my dad wearing Old Spice, he didn't go much for anything scented - he was a precision engineer and there wasn't much that could compete with 12 hours of sweat, hot metal and coolant. Now of course there would be several 'Niche' frags that would complement the picture

Mum is visiting me just now for a couple of weeks and wearing something different every day - and her wardrobe has already expanded by two 'likes' . We're planning a girls day out with sniffing included just now

My Dad always wore Old Spice or Ralph Lauren Polo.
    My Mum only wore perfume on the occasions she went out,
    Tweed or Arpege mainly.

My interest towards the perfume is without doubt influenced by my parents’ wardrobes.

My father has passed away for many years now, he had worn many; as far as I remember there were Monsieur Lanvin, Lanvin Vétiver, YSL pour Homme, Dunhill for Men, Dunhill Blend 30 and… Eau Sauvage as his signature scent. BTW my mother told me recently that my father used to wear Quelques Fleurs !

My mother used to wear among other things L’Air du Temps, Tigress, Femme, Joy, Fidji, Shalimar. But now since I’m in charge of her wardrobe, she wears VC&A First, Diorissimo, Chanel No. 19, Shalimar, Jardin de Bagatelle, Aqua Allegoria Lillia Bella and L’Instant de Guerlain….. She didn't like the latter at first but now she gets used to it.

Pops doesn't wear anything.

Mums used to wear some Estee Lauder but my habit here insipired her to get a new scent. What did she settle on? Vera Wang Princess! lol, not the kind of thing you'd expect a 60 year old woman to wear but hey, smells great on her!
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

My mom's current rotation involves Cabotine by Gres, Authentic Maroussia by Slava Zaitsev, Ispahan and Eau de Cedre Bleu- both by Yves Rocher

My mom tends to switch scents now and then.In her current rotation she has CK Euphoria and Armani code. Minis of Beyond paradise and Beautiful.

There's no question that my mother's tastes in scent have influenced my own, particularly her partiality to chypres. Since childhood, she has always had Caleche and Joy on rotation, and I enjoy both, but wear neither.

Scents we have shared across the years include Anais Anais (a one-off; it was fashionable at the time); Cristalle (a continued favourite of mine); and Diorissimo. I also recall her smelling lovely in Ricci's Fleur de Fleurs. She recently asked me to try to find her Antilope again -- her '60s scent.

I haven't seen my father in nearly two decades, but I remember him in pungent '70s scents, such as Paco Rabanne, Aramis and Quorum.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

My mother (who will be 70 this year) wears Bulgari Jasmin Noir, 24 Faubourg, and she just discovered the new Chloe edp, which she loves. I remember her wearing the original Chloe back in the day. Before all of these she wore 1000 de Patou for years. She also likes Armani Sensi when she can find it. And I remember she liked the original Gio, which is now discontinued. She's a one or two fragrance type, she'll wear one bottle until it's used up, and then go buy another of the same. I can't remember my father wearing any colognes at all. My step-father wears Terre d'Hermes now. He wore Boucheron Jaiphur Homme for a while. Before that he wore Equipage.

My mother's love of fine fragrance had me aware of perfume from a very young age. Now, we often take spritzes of each other's fragrances when we're visiting. For that matter, I've always taken spritzes of my step-father's fragrances as well. I love Equipage!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 10th July 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Basenotes Plus

My mum always used to wear Safari by Ralph Lauren and Beautiful by Estee Lauder when I was a kid. Now she wears MyQueen and Kenzo Amour.

My dad used to wear Dolce and Gabanna Pour Homme and Armani Eau Pour Homme when I was a kid. He now wears other 'dad-like' stuff - Habit Rouge, Platinum Egoiste and Eau Sauvage.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

All in the family---my wonderful grandmother wore 4711, Chanel no 5, and Charlie when just staying home doing housework etc. My grandfather wore Old Spice. I still love it so much.

My father wears nothing.

My mother rotates between Joy, Chanel no 5, Paloma Picasso, Giorgio Beverly Hills, and Must de Cartier.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Interesting story behind what my mother wore.

My mother never wore a fragrance until well into her marriage. Then one day (this was 198x), seemingly out of the blue my father bought his boss's secretary a giftset of Beautiful by Estee Lauder possibly as a brown-nosing attempt. My mom complained and then he bought her some Beautiful as well. She wore it all the time after that and each Christmas we would get her Beautiful.

Since my father died a while ago my mother didn't wear anything for a long time until I became very interested in fragrances. I got her Pleasures for Christmas and she wears it quite often now!

And as I recall, my father didn't wear any fragrances except Old Spice aftershave. I raided his medicine cabinet a few times and that's all I ever saw. I think I saw Stetson and Brut but they were never opened.

I was just at my parents and enjoyed checking out my mom's dresser. Her current rotation is Chanel heavy- No 5, Cristalle edt, No 19, Coco, Coco Madamosielle. She and I both smell good in Chanel- maybe a chemistry thing. She also has Quelles Fleurs, Cabotine, and Spring Flowers. My dad has Aramis.

My mother wore Moment Supreme, Arpege (both perfumes, for night) and Woodhue cologne during the day when I was a kid. Later, she experimented with drugstore scents like Charlie (yuck) and Moon Drops. A friend gave me a box of vintage stuff the other day that contained some Trigere perfume, which I swear she wore at some point -- it sounds so familiar. She loved fragrance and I grew up wearing and trying different ones.

My father wore Mennen Skin Bracer, only as an after shave, and wouldn't have been caught dead wearing cologne. He was of his time (WWII) when many American men didn't wear colognes. He had a real issue with it and always said something to me if I wore too much or if my brother wore any at all!
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

I honestly don't remember my Mom wearing perfume of any kind. She usually just smelled like her fabulous garden.

Dad wore a lot of CK scents that his girlfriend bought him (well after my Mom passed), and probably Brut when I was little.

My Grandmother always wore waaaaaaaaaaay too much Youth Dew (not that it was any more tolerable in tiny amounts) and even today even the merest waft of it make me want to toss my cookies.

I have lovely memories of my mother (who is no longer with us) wearing tons of Jungle Gardenia. Don't remember her ever wearing anything else, although she sold Mary Kay for awhile and may have used some of their scents. Dad has always been pretty much scentless, although I remember him using Old Spice aftershave in his younger years.
    My brother used Brut "soap-on-a-rope" once
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

My mum wore certain scents as I was growing up, mainly Chantilly, I think....she loved the original Le De Givenchy, but rarely wore it, she hoarded a bottle she was given as a gift in the 1960s...fortunately kept in the box as it has pride of place on her dresser! I was happy to get her a decant from TPC for mother's day, she now wears it occasionally. I went to France in 1985 and picked her up a bottle of the then-new (and not available yet in the US) Eau de Givenchy, which she wore almost exclusively for several years.

My dad didn't wear much scent, but always wore a little of the original Caswell Massey Newport when he was going out somewhere. I found a vintage bottle on ebay (with the help of Basenoter Amit, thanks!) and gave it to him for Father's Day.

Thus my parental scent obligations have been fulfilled!

My Grandmother had quite a scent wardrobe, and she always wore a specific fragrance for each activity. She had a lunching perfume, a shopping perfume, a Bridge day perfume, a volunteer day perfume. Oddly enough, my first association with the smell of "Church" is not one of Avingon-style incense, but of Grandma's Avon Candid backed up with the brand new interior of her giant 1970's post Vatican II Church in Florida!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: What Perfume Does Your Mom or Dad wear ?

My mom anddad have both passed away but, I do remember what mymom wore. My mom was the force behind my interest in fragrances. Her favorite was Caron Nuit de Noel. She also liked Caron Infini and Forever. Just before she passed away I got her some Shalimar. My Dad was not into fragrances. I miss them both very much and the above fragrances set off my memories.

I remember Old Spice, Brut, Kouros and 4711 popping up on my father's dresser during the 70s before I left home. He's still around and has a bottle of Dunhill from years ago that he mentioned he's happy with. I only remember my Mum making a fuss of ZEN when it first came out - a Japanese Perfume in New Zealand - very new! I remeber the black and gold bottle. Just before she died my cousin told me she had bought and loved Insolence EDP - which doesn't surprise me - she was pretty adventurous even in her mid 80s!
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

My dad has never been much of a scent-fiend. I think about the most he does is Old Spice deoderant.

Growing up, my mom had several Avon perfumes that were carefully tended... we were so poor, I thought for a long time that they were the epitome of expense I remember she liked Mesmerize a lot. These days she doesn't often wear perfume and has a few body sprays and lotions that she might reach for once in while, but those times are few and far between.

I can never recall my mamaw wearing perfume, either. Her family was from the mountains and she grew up even poorer than I did, so I don't believe fragrance ever ranked high on her list. I can't remember her having a bottle of anything. (!)
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Love this thread...

My mom wore Chanel No. 5 exclusively when we were growing up, and she still wears it when she can now (she works with a "sensitive" boss, so she stashes her bottle there and "goes to town" (her words) when the BossLady takes a vacation day). She also likes something by Oscar de La Renta (can't remember exactly the name but I'd recognize the bottle). I gave her a mini of VC&A First, thinking she'd like it, but later on, she just smiled politely and said it was "OK".

Years ago, a boyfriend gave me No. 5 - it was a little weird during those "romantic moments", b/c it would be like Mom was in the room with us...whoa!

To this day, I find that I still cannot wear No. 5 - it's just not as beautiful and elegant on me, as it is on Mom.

My dad would only wear some kind of drugstore aftershave. Non-offensive & faded quickly. He was always more of an outdoor guy, so if anything, maybe he just smelled like the sea (he loved walking near the beach, fishing, camping, etc.). If he were still with us, I think he would only just smile and shake his head ('no thanks, no cologne for me'), before he picked up his fishing pole, hopped in the car, and headed for the shore.

I have no memory of it, but my mom wore Je Reviens. I only know because she showed me her empty perfume bottle and I'd often open it and take sniffs from it.
    Later she wore Youth Dew, which at the time I couldn't stand, and told her so. I feel sorry about that now - what a little brat.
    My dad didn't really wear anything, but I loved the way he smelled in his combination of Neutrogena soap, Brut aftershave, cigarettes, and Scope mouthwash.

My mom wore Exclamation! (we weren't rich!) Now she wears No. 19 and a slew of other stuff I've given her.

My dad had a Lagerfeld mini that he kept on his dresser...he recently gave it to me (after it sitting there for 20 years or so)...it was completely full.

My mum has quite a big perfume collection, I've definitely inherited my love of perfumes from her. A few of her faves include Lolita Lempicka, Marc Jacobs Daisy, RL Romance, JPG Fragile although many years ago she used to wear Anais Anais and EL White Linen.

My dad also loves his fragrance and has assisted mum by buying her bottles on many occasions. His all time favourite is Dior Fahrenheit but he also loves the original Polo and Boss Elements.

so now both my sister and I are both perfume lovers thanks to their great influence.

My mother didn't wear fragrance and my father only wore Aqua Vera after shave. But I think I have seen a bottle of 4711 in the house when I was a child. Someone must have worn that. I don't remember that my grandmother wore perfume either but perhaps she had done that because me and my sister got an empty small blue bottle to play with. We thought it smelled so good from the interior of the bottle and the smell stayed there quite long. My grandfather wore after shave. It was very difficult to find out Chrismas gifts for him but I could always buy him a bottle of after shave. I remember that I once bought a gift package with Old Spice. So this fragrance love of mine is quite mine.
    Last edited by Novis2007; 11th July 2009 at 09:03 AM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

My dad wore only Old Spice. We bought him other scents, but it was always Old Spice he used, so we had a reserve of scents to use for ourselves (win-win).

Mum used almost all the popular female scents from the fifties to date. Most of what i know about female perfumes was from her collection over the years. Nowadays (being an OAP) we buy all her perfumes for her, but they had better be quality! Now, now, her dad was the dandy! Gramps gave me my real men's frag education. I got my first Patou pour Homme and Van cleef & Arpels pH from him.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

What a lovely thread.

My dad wore Old Spice when we were growing up, he wears Eau Sauvage now. I don't remember my mum ever buying perfume, but she wore O de Lancome when it was given to her. We always gave her Bronnley soaps but I don't know if she actually liked them.

When I was growing up, getting "foreign" perfumes was harder than smuggling drugs (the delights of Communism). I remember my mom used to have Chanel 5-but I think it was some sort of a good fake, made in Hungary (?!) because she smelled the real one in the past years and she does not like it, Je Reviens, O de Lancome, Miss Dior and Sikkim perfume. I think in those days you would take anything better than the local offerings without judging much if it suits your taste or not. Nowadays she is in love with D&G Sicily and still likes Je Reviens. Unfortunatelly she thinks I need professional help because I have "a perfume problem" so I will have to hide my hobby when she comes to visit in a few weeks.
    I am sure my dad wore colognes but all I remember is Eau Sauvage and something called Denim (?!). It was looong ago.
    Last edited by darkdreams; 11th July 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Dad passed away when I was very young. But I saw an empty Brut bottle in the house.
    He also used few litre of 4711 (it was my very first cologne)

Mum wore Diorissimo, Poison, Poison tendre, Dolce Vita, Rochas's Byzance, Poem.
    Poison smells loveliest on her.

Basenotes Institution

My grandfather wore 4711 too and nothing else . My aunt still has a vintage bottle of it with cologne in it. My aunt says he used to more or less pour it on the top of his head !

My parents have never been much into fragrance. Dad recently mentioned that he decided against it early in his career after having a couple of clients in the hospital exhibit sensitivity to his cologne. I guess that explains why the bottle of Eternity we gave him has lasted for almost an eternity. I seem to remember Aqua Velva & Old Spice aftershave when I was very young.

We kids also bought Emeraude for my mom for a couple of Mother's Days, and now, she uses some of the scents I've given her (Manifesto, 28 La Pausa). She doesn't seem to have much of a preference, and she claims she can't really smell most of the bottles I put under her nose. The bottles she has do get used up, although she applies even less than I do per wearing. She bought me & my sister our first bottles of perfume from the drugstore when I was 12 or so - jasmine for me, lilac for my sister.
    Sniff and let sniff.

I don't remember my dad wearing anything in particular - a pipe tobacco scent trail followed him, that's for sure. And the scent of turpentine and oil colours from his studio (he painted as a hobby) - I was conditioned early on to love resinous scents.
    I associate mom with Cristobal mostly and Celine's Magic. She's still wearing it.

The smell I remember as "Dad's aftershave" is Jazz. He also had Live Jazz and Joop! Homme back when. Currently, he's using Porsche Design Essence, Joop Jump, Euphoria Intense and a bottle of Joop!

Mum has gone through so many! The one that has "always" been her scent is Coco - EdP, it is the smell of a Saturday night for as long as I can remember to me. She has used (in the past) Obsession, Eternity, and Opium. She currently has bottles of YSL Elle, Very Irresistible, Coco and Prada Amber.

Step-Dad wears all of my cast-offs, basically. He has mostly smelled of Eternity though.

Mums Mum wore Sunflowers, Dads Mum wears Paris. Mums Dad doesn't wear aftershave,, Dads Dad wore Habit Rouge (according to my uncle, who stole his bottle!)
    Mums Sister used to wear Samsara, and Very Valentino. She now uses DKNY Be Delicious (I HATE!!! this "fragrance"), Nina, Paco Rabanne Elle, and Marc Jacobs Daisy.
    We are a rather fragrant family really!

Mum wore Diorissimo, Poison, No. 5, White Linen in the 80s and 90s. Ferragamo was something that she bought in 2000. Lately she is wearing Joy and also took my Michael Kors miniature and things that I have left behind in my old home.

I have seen dad in Aramis in the 80s, Cool Waters, Goodlife and Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes (he read the story behind this and urged me to get it for him).

my mum wore a lot of estee lauder & dior back then. I few of her favourites would be dolce vita, youth dew, white linen, no.5 and beautiful. She also really loved the Acqua Allegoria range and aromatics elixir. i used to love playing with her perfumes nicely displayed on her glass counter. It is because of her that I've always felt from a very young age that it was ok to splurge on perfumes. well that and bags much to her dismay

She uses whatever we buy for her now as for her love, she is raving about a perfume she absolutely adores. it's a middle eastern brand called sheikh - apparently it smells divine and is very hard to find but i haven't had the luxury of trying it!

my dad has a bottle of aramis that has been there since forever. mum says she'll worry if he starts wearing cologne again. i bought him a bottle of chanel allure blanc this february.
    Last edited by wannabelyn; 12th July 2009 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabelyn View Post

She uses whatever we buy for her now as for her love, she is raving about a perfume she absolutely adores. it's a middle eastern brand called sheikh - apparently it smells divine and is very hard to find but i haven't had the luxury of trying it!
    could it be related to this?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3ml-Tester-She...3%3A1|294%3A25

I know that Al Haramein also have spray perfume versions of some of their oil based ones.

I was considering getting a tester as I have a small bottle of one of their other oils that I like very much.

My mother wore Givenchy L'interdity primarily and at times, L'air du Temps. She also wore No 5 a long time ago. Sometimes a Gucci fragrance here and there. These choices definitely influenced me, as I love both classic L'interdit and No 5. My father was never a fragrance kind of a guy. Old Spice every now and then. He is very grouchy about fragrance and complains about many of mine. My mother has dementia, so she really doesn't notice, but sometimes, on a better day, I can get her to take a whiff and she seems to like it.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

My father is using Polo for 25 years....Too much and non stop....Polo is him.

My mother is using Aqua di Gio but she use to buy Cool Water.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by pofox View Post
    could it be related to this?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3ml-Tester-She...3%3A1|294%3A25

I know that Al Haramein also have spray perfume versions of some of their oil based ones.

I was considering getting a tester as I have a small bottle of one of their other oils that I like very much.
    it could very well be...i know she has exclaimed to me over the phone about its bottle and how beautiful it is.

My dad loves buying and wearing fragrance (especially new designer launches) and he's worn Jovan Musk, Aramis, Polo, Eau Sauvage, Bvlgari Black, Burberry Classic and Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme. My brother got him into Terre d'Hermes recently. I guess his taste reflects what was popular at the perfume counter during each decade of his life. When my parents were together, he would almost always get my mom a new perfume for Mother's Day so she's worn Rive Gauche, Oscar, Lauren, Aromatics Elixir, Fendi, Ysatis, Organza and Coco Chanel.

Looking at that list however, I think that it probably reflects more of my dad's taste than my mom's personal taste. Now that they're divorced, she's purchased Bvlgari Rose Essentielle and Bvlgari Pour Femme almost exclusively, so I think it's a safe bet that she's more of a floral person and my dad is the one with the taste for big, loud fragrances. I'm open to just about anything and like/own at least one perfume from every family, so I guess my taste is a combination of childhood memories as well as developing my own tastes.
    Last edited by Anna_P; 14th July 2009 at 12:06 AM.

Mom used to wear Mitsouko (her favourite), Je Reviens (Worth), Fidji (Laroche), Ombre Rose (Brosseau), Calandre and Metal (Rabanne), Crepe de Chine (?). She also had a bottle of Chanel no 5, but I don´t think she used it much. She never sprayed on her scent, btw; her method was dabbing (inside of knees, behind ears), plus a tiny cotton ball in her bra. I think she had a cotton ball in her purse, too.

I just met my dad a few times, and the only scent I associate with him is alcohol. I once overheard a conversation between mom and auntie where they were both extremely upset because dad had drunken a bottle of perfume. Mom was almost in tears, so I guess it must have been her beloved Mitsouko who saved daddy from delirium tremens that time.

My mother wears white shoulders and my dad wears wild country. They are both 70 and have only worn those fragrances since I can remember.

My father has never been a cologne wearer. I got him Bulgari Pour Homme shower gel recently and he likes to use it as shampoo on his beard

My mother wore Replique, Chanel 22, Nahema, Miss Dior and Oscar de la Renta. All in parfum concentration. I used to take off the stoppers and just inhale. I also recall the smell of her lipsticks and cosmetics way back. Rose & violet- Drole de Rose reminds me of that soft nostalgic scent.

She doesn't tolerate perfume anymore and had taken to wearing Victoria's Secret Pear Glacee lotion which I found plastic-y & vile. I got her Petite Cherie cream which is a much prettier pear & quite lovely on her.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Basenotes Institution

My mother has taken to wearing L'Heure Bleue from my collection - I gave her my back up bottles - EDP and EDT recently and it really does suit her .

My mom is a devote Avon user. Haiku seems to be her favorite on the rare occasion she wears fragrance. I do recall an old bottle of Charlie and Dior Poison in the cabinet when I was younger, though.

My father used to wear Grey Flannel (who's dad didn't?) which is why I am fond of the frag. He still has an ancient 50ml splash bottle from the early 80's with maybe 5ml left. After learning of my little collection he told me about a frag he used to wear often back in the 70's but had not been able to find for the longest time. Luckily Royall Lyme is still in production so I got him a bottle for Christmas two years ago. Seems this is all he wears nowadays.

My mother kept a bottle of Opium secreted in her undies and lacy things drawer when I was a kid. I also remember Boucheron, Red Door and Clinique fragrances.

Right now there are bottles of Boucheron, Le Baiser, Pleasures and Beautiful on her dressing table. Opium remains her "special occasion" fragrance.

Dad was an Old Spice man back in the day but will use anything bought for him now. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme and Polo Sport are in the rotation now, I believe.
    Your friend is your needs answered. He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.

My Dad passed away back in 1985.....He was Old School.....Old Spice, Avon Wild Country, and British Sterling.
    My Mom wears very little.....She has problems with Fragrances.....She does wear Jovan White Musk.....and She sprays it on the bottum of Her skirt.....Pretty smart if You ask me.
    Gary

As for my Mum she wore once Champagne de YSL but after a few months when she was pregnant of my sister but after a couple of months she was sort of disgusted by it. Otherwise she sticked for more than 20 years with Opium d'YSL also.
    She has a new bottle every year (sometimes even more than one a year) ^^

For my Dad it is Givenchy for Men but he stopped as soon as he broke one bottle in the bathroom, it was too much perfumes at one time and now he doesn't wear anything...

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    My Dad always wore Old Spice or Ralph Lauren Polo.
    My Mum only wore perfume on the occasions she went out,
    Tweed or Arpege mainly.
    Partial parental scent twins with Kewart here!

Dad - Old Spice
    Mum - Tweed
    Both deceased, sadly
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/