Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default YouTube Cologne Reviewer

Some of you might have watched some of his videos before.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tswetcoff

I watched a few not too long ago and if i remember correctly he mentioned Basenotes before. I also noticed that some of the facts about the frags he reviews contains stuff that i think he read about here.

So is this guy a member of Basenotes?

Default Re: YouTube Cologne Reviewer

Interesting, thanks for posting this.

Some Basenoters might also know this particular review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5JAvrGH46Y

Yea I've seen his videos from time to time and see that he's been doing some research on basenotes and probly other blogs! Can't blame him for that but he's been pushing fragrance.net in his recent reviews and it irks me because he makes it sound like their one of the cheaper online discounters (i myself prefer scentiments and other sites) and thus gives me the impression he's getting the perfumes free from them thanks to his advertising! It also makes sense since his most recent reviews aren't as well liked in basenotes like keneth cole black, Versace Man, Chrome, etc. (look at his top summer lists - don't want to sound too mean but, ewwww ;0 ) and he says he likes them. I'd rather not be cynical about it but he went from loving scents like AMen and Envy to some of the scents fragrance.net pushes (probly cuz he got them for free) but hey, he could just really like them and taken on the Mainstream Designer scent Review mantle. Nothing wrong with that but I'd rather trush the other youtube cologne reviewers more (there's a couple more out there who review as often!) .

ooofireballooo,

I do enjoy his older reviews compared to the newer ones. If u noticed his older reviews didn't always end with the FragranceNet code. Also, not too long ago he said in one review he was broke and had to depend on samples (something like that). Then all of a sudden, so many new bottles appear. This is all just speculation. So Tim, if u read this no offence all right.

I couldn't get past 10 seconds. Aweful.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I couldn't get past 10 seconds. Aweful.
    That bad huh...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    I'm flattered - he reads from my site about Guerlain Homme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTwnN...e=channel_page

hahah that one was torturous as he spent 3 minutes basically reading the description of Guerlain Homme from the Guerlain website!

His videos are informative though for those who aren't Basenoters or fragrance addicts. Nice to see someone mainstream reviewing fragrance simply for the love of fragrance. I'd rather read reviews than watch them, but kudos to him.
    Sales thread here

Dependent

I do take my hats of anyone who is willing to share his interest in fragrance with others for their knowledge benefits, on youtube. I do also enjoy looking at visual tours of quite impressive collections as well.
    Last edited by MFJ; 11th December 2009 at 05:11 AM.

I looked at a couple of reviews. Burberry was a laugh. Bad also: Tim reads most of his text and doesn't really look at you often. That makes him appear a little insecure and not convincing. But I think that could change as he gets into more of a routine. Maybe she should have a coach. He must eliminate repetitions and think of variations to 'pehenomenal'. Quite believable as a person. Winning smile!

What mattered most: believe it or not, but with the exception of Azzaro Chrome I knew none of the fragrances in his Top Five Summer Colognes, and he made me curious enough to try them all! The articles of a well known pro in New York often have the opposite effect, so there!

About a year ago I discovered another guy, usually giving fashion advice, but I found his perfume talk fun, too. (If I find him again, I may have to bump this thread).
    Last edited by narcus; 11th July 2009 at 05:29 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I do enjoy some of the youtube reviewers. I just wish there were more of them. Some one better qualified to review scents and someone more technologically savy should start one up!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Maybe one of us from BN should start doing fragrance review videos and post them on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Maybe one of us from BN should start doing fragrance review videos and post them on YouTube.
    Sounds like a great idea!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    I looked at a couple of reviews. Burberry was a laugh. Bad also: Tim reads most of his text and doesn't really look at you often. That makes him appear a little insecure and not convincing. But I think that could change as he gets into more of a routine. Maybe she should have a coach. He must eliminate repetitions and think of variations to 'pehenomenal'. Quite believable as a person. Winning smile!

I think he does put in the effort, sometimes very well-dressed. [/B]

What mattered most: believe it or not, but with the exception of Azzaro Chrome I knew none of the fragrances in his Top Five Summer Colognes, and he made me curious enough to try them all! The articles of a well known pro in New York often have the opposite effect, so there!

I believe its the down-to-earth vibe that people find appealing and easier to relate to. Maybe thats why we may otherwise be put off by too sophisticated reviews by pros. Just my 2cents

About a year ago I discovered another guy, usually giving fashion advice, but I found his perfume talk fun, too. (If I find him again, I may have to bump this thread).

Do Share! We MUST smell GOOD, so it won't hurt to dress well doing so

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I do enjoy some of the youtube reviewers. I just wish there were more of them. Some one better qualified to review scents and someone more technologically savy should start one up!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Sounds like a great idea!

That may well start a war! I was also thinking along the lines of guys/gals here great with notes and frags starting a BN section on youtube. And maybe members here can submit their own vids for vetting by admin/mods b4 being uploaded under BN's name, something to consider for the future i reckon.

Well guys guess what...Tim (the YouTube cologne reviewer) actually read this thread. At the beginning of his latest review (Rive Gauche PH) he mentions this thread. Although he did seem a little disappointed with some of the comments posted here. He's actually doing the Rive Gauche review just for us here at BN because of our refined taste in fragrances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXaFX...e=channel_page

Nevertheless he did seem a good sport and took our criticisms well. Good show Tim if u do ever read this.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 15th July 2009 at 11:01 AM.

AromiErotici

I give this guy props. You have to have a passion on a certain level to go through all the trouble of recording, posting and putting yourself out there for criticism.

It's also nice to hear basenotes mentioned. I'm quite sure viewers of his will inadvertently visit the site and be potential members.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I give this guy props. You have to have a passion on a certain level to go through all the trouble of recording, posting and putting yourself out there for criticism.

It's also nice to hear basenotes mentioned. I'm quite sure viewers of his will inadvertently visit the site and be potential members.
    I agree.

I think he is doing a good job. Plus he is cute also.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dependent

He gets my vote too. I went thru most of his videos and definitely will want to see him continue what he's doing.

Too long and boring.

I saw most clips by the reviewers mentioned here, and I give them props also for sharing the love of fragrance and particularly the guy who gave a shout-out to BNs.

My only complaint...I generally don't have the patience to sit through a 2-5 minute review of one fragrance. I'd like to see several reviewed in one clip...I'd also like someone who shows off his/her collection in detail.

I just saw his response to this BN post. I think he comes from a sincere angle, and its nice to know that he knows we're here, recognized our passion for scents, and, hell, if he plugs Fragrancenet, he's being a good businessman.

I was just a little bothered with his room--looked liked he still lived with his parents and it definitely looked very "lived in". I give em props for at least making his bed and his mascot cat (was it real?) on it in the background.

He should hang out in the forum a little bit more, build a little more insight. PERFUMISTOS, UNITE! :toppie:

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    I just saw his response to this BN post. I think he comes from a sincere angle, and its nice to know that he knows we're here, recognized our passion for scents, and, hell, if he plugs Fragrancenet, he's being a good businessman.

I was just a little bothered with his room--looked liked he still lived with his parents and it definitely looked very "lived in". I give em props for at least making his bed and his mascot cat (was it real?) on it in the background.

He should hang out in the forum a little bit more, build a little more insight. PERFUMISTOS, UNITE! :toppie:
    Why are you bothered that he lives with his parents and his room looks lived in ?
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 16th July 2009 at 02:55 AM.

Why are you bothered that he lives with his parents and his room looks lived in ?
    Too personal, too personal. I feel like a stranger invading his room.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 16th July 2009 at 02:59 AM.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

AromiErotici

What I'd like to see is some members here do the same thing. There are some pretty good reviewers here that could give a truncated and lucid review of multiple scents in one appearance.

Reviewing 5 Fougeres,Chypres or Orientals from different houses would be extremely good to go. Maybe this is something we could make come to pass.

I think he just needs some practice, really. A lot of us would be pretty rough around the edges if we started doing something like this, I think.

Hopefully he keeps at it

I only watched the one that mentions this thread too. He looks like a nice guy and looks like he cares about informing his viewers, but he repeats himself too many times.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    Too personal, too personal. I feel like a stranger invading his room.
    ok i get your point. Although i see nothing wrong with it.

ok i get your point. Although i see nothing wrong with it.
    Yup, just an observation, it wasn't to criticize. That's pretty much how my bedroom looks like.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!