Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: YouTube Cologne Reviewer

For those that criticize/critiqued TIm's style, I just wanted to say this...
    It's his youtube channel. He does it with his own style...his own spin. It's fine for us not to like every detail of his videos, but should we be so pretentious as to impose our own preferences on him? I don't think folx should be saying he oughtta do this and he oughtta do that. Say you would prefer it done this way or that way. But it is his channel. If we don't like certain things about it, we can either stop watching it, or try to appreciate the good things about it and continue to watch. Simple as that. I think he does a fine job. I don't always agree with his reviews, but I don't agree with many on here. That's life.

I watched a couple of these videos. There's a lot of good information there for someone who wants to know more about the scents. Good share.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    It's his youtube channel. He does it with his own style...his own spin. It's fine for us not to like every detail of his videos, but should we be so pretentious as to impose our own preferences on him? I don't think folx should be saying he oughtta do this and he oughtta do that. Say you would prefer it done this way or that way. But it is his channel. If we don't like certain things about it, we can either stop watching it, or try to appreciate the good things about it and continue to watch. Simple as that. I think he does a fine job. I don't always agree with his reviews, but I don't agree with many on here. That's life.
    i agree 100% 1+
    Last edited by blas; 14th December 2009 at 04:14 AM.

While I do agree with 1/2 of what you said,

People are just making merely suggestions to improve his videos or suggest better ideas to improve the quality of the videos, sometimes we need to hear comments ourselves or suggestions to ways to make things better to improve ourselves even in life.

But that's up to TIM to take into consideration or ignore, and we are not bashing the guy.

MARC, CUBBY, and TIM are the only reason I love going to youtube.

Hey guys, Marc here love hearing great things about youtube reviewers since I am one. I am paying close attention to this thread. As a youtuber I am always looking for feedback, perhaps new ideas on how to do my reviews. I find if someone e-mails with some feedback I always take a look at it and see what I can do to make it better for the viewer so they can get the most information in my couple minutes of video. Take it easy on Tim, he is the only one that has been doing reviews for over a year and keeps going , Cubby has not done a new review in at least 6 months and Patrick is slowing down on his reviews too. Well I am still new , I've only done reviews for 3 months really.

But if anyone has any feedback for me or ideas ( i love new ideas) on my vids please pm me.

here's a link to my vids if you have not heard of me :

http://www.youtube.com/user/robes08
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

For what it's worth, I like his reviews. Even though I prefer more niche fragrances, it's interesting to see different point of views on the more common ones, and most viewers on youtube aren't interested in niche fragrances. Even if he does get a little bit from fragrancenet for the referral...so what? He put the effort into it - I see nothing wrong with that.

I'm curious, the frags that Tim reviews are they selected by him or are they selected for him by his sponsors ?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Hey MARC!!

Your videos are AWSOME!!!!

I think it's good that you are looking for feedback from others, which exhibits that you actually care about making good videos for people.

I feel that any opinions or comments should be not looked into a negative way, but rather taken into account.

Truffle...if you open the door, you gotta walk through it man. In the first post, I discussed, in general, behavior that I cannot tolerate too much of. I never once said, implied, or insinuated that Cubby should change his behavior in any way to my liking. Like I said in my second comment, "I have the choice either stop watching it, or try to appreciate the good things about it and continue to watch". I haven't decided to no longer watch Cubby's videos, though it has been a while since I have viewed one of his videos.

I didn't contradict myself at all...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    While I do agree with 1/2 of what you said,

People are just making merely suggestions to improve his videos or suggest better ideas to improve the quality of the videos, sometimes we need to hear comments ourselves or suggestions to ways to make things better to improve ourselves even in life.

But that's up to TIM to take into consideration or ignore, and we are not bashing the guy.

MARC, CUBBY, and TIM are the only reason I love going to youtube.
    "To improve the quality". Well "quality" is subjective. You, him, and him may feel the quality is lacking, but the reviewers, and others, may not. What then? At the end of the day, I understand where you and others are coming from, but at the same time-I don't think these reviewers should feel pressure to change their style to please others. The way they do things is the way they do things. It's their expression. If feedback is solicited, then by all means, offer it. But I think it's quite pretentious of folx to feel like these reviewers ought to adjust thier style/structure in order to satisfy them (the viewers). Not saying it's wrong, but it's a bit pretentious is all I'm saying.
    That decreases creativity. That would no longer be Tim, Mark, or whoever. That would be more like Ventriloquist XYZ and dummy/puppet Tim, Mark, etc...

Thumbs up Re: YouTube Cologne Reviewer

"To improve the quality". Well "quality" is subjective. You, him, and him may feel the quality is lacking, but the reviewers, and others, may not. What then? At the end of the day, I understand where you and others are coming from, but at the same time-I don't think these reviewers should feel pressure to change their style to please others. The way they do things is the way they do things. It's their expression. If feedback is solicited, then by all means, offer it. But I think it's quite pretentious of folx to feel like these reviewers ought to adjust thier style/structure in order to satisfy them (the viewers). Not saying it's wrong, but it's a bit pretentious is all I'm saying.
    That decreases creativity. That would no longer be Tim, Mark, or whoever. That would be more like Ventriloquist XYZ and dummy/puppet Tim, Mark, etc...
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Removed some off topic posts in response to a post that was offensive.

Just by adding ' I don't want people to be offended..but' and then writing something offensive doesn't excuse it.

Please discuss the youtube videos of perfume reviews instead and if you can't say anything nice or constructive sometimes it's better not to say anything at all
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Cut the shitty music out, nobody wants to listen to any of it. The reviews are nice though (robes08)

Quote Originally Posted by L"homme View Post
    Hey guys, Marc here love hearing great things about youtube reviewers since I am one. I am paying close attention to this thread. As a youtuber I am always looking for feedback, perhaps new ideas on how to do my reviews. I find if someone e-mails with some feedback I always take a look at it and see what I can do to make it better for the viewer so they can get the most information in my couple minutes of video. Take it easy on Tim, he is the only one that has been doing reviews for over a year and keeps going , Cubby has not done a new review in at least 6 months and Patrick is slowing down on his reviews too. Well I am still new , I've only done reviews for 3 months really.

But if anyone has any feedback for me or ideas ( i love new ideas) on my vids please pm me.

here's a link to my vids if you have not heard of me :

http://www.youtube.com/user/robes08
    DAMIT Marc when's ur next review coming up lol

There is another guy who is pretty good in my opinion or at least deserve more views. His username is "cyclexy" if im not mistaken. I kinda like his different take on perfumes. His collection is kinda cool too, kinda different from what Tim has. Check him out, he sure has some originality to it. He is getting better and better, especially a couple of his reviews. He also mentioned basenotes in one of his review, which is cool imo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cyclexy
    Last edited by djobeat; 15th December 2009 at 11:24 AM.

I'll leave my reviewing to foetidus.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    I'll leave my reviewing to foetidus.
    +1.
    Well said mate.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 15th December 2009 at 04:43 PM.

Honestly, >> I think I've watched every review by Tim, Marc, Cubby, Patrick, and a few other youtubers that have released a few reviews. lol, and if I've learned anything from the difference from these written reviews and Youtube reviewers is that.. Youtube is more to share/promote a fragrance, while sites like basenotes are more for research/discussion (For me anyways ^^; ).

When a Youtuber releases a review to his subscribers, he/she is essentially promoting that scent. In other words, they are making more fragrance nuts that will eventually (if not already) come to sites like basenotes to research the fragrance they have learned about from the reviewer and expand.

Just my 2 cents on the topic from my own experiences, lol.