Code of Conduct

Default Prada's latest - L'eau Ambree EDP

Anyone tried this yet?

Saw this on the neiman marcus website and i like the look of the bottle!

Extracted from the website:

Prada introduces L'eau Ambree—the new fragrance for women.

L'Eau Ambree combines an intricate and fresh approach to the balancing of the notes of cedrat, rose de mai, and amber.

The Sicilian citrus top note of cedrat is refreshing yet rich, giving an unexpected grace and balance to the fragrance.

At the heart of the fragrance is rose de mai. Buttery, light, and above all sensual, it is the essence of femininity.

The base notes consists of an evocative ambery dry down based on patchouli, vanilla and opoponax.

Source:
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...746cat14920745

Default Re: Prada's latest - L'eau Ambree EDP

I read on NowSmellThis that it is being released in August. Sounds interesting to me too

Sounds nice!

Can't wait to sniff this! My DH loves the Amber Pour Homme, and it smells good on him

I am also having a hard time waiting to smell this one! It can be very nice!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Would like one right now! I know I would LOVE it!

That bottle is SEXY!

Wonder what Rose De Mai is?
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by lightgreen22 View Post
    Wonder what Rose De Mai is?
    I'm curious what opoponax is...it's a mouthful!

* checked on wikipedia apparently it's a sweet myrrh...

Quote Originally Posted by wannabelyn View Post
    I'm curious what opoponax is...it's a mouthful!

* checked on wikipedia apparently it's a sweet myrrh...
    This is true, but the myrrh and opopanax are quite different as to how they smell. I love myrrh but quite dislike opopanax. Myrrh is sharp and medicinal and opopnax is rather thck and sweet ( and very musty to my nose, though many others like it here ). I made a mistake in ordering a bunch of opopanax fragrance samples a while back and found out the hard way... so myrrh-lovers be warned!

i'm back from my 2 weeks holiday in the states and managed to try this at neiman marcus SF.

I'm underwhelmed. It did have a ambery dry down but there was nothing to shout home about it. When I first sprayed it, it reminded me a bit of infusion d'iris.

Money saved.

Same as wannabelyn, I found it very nondescript.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Gonna be right next door to the Dallas NM this weekend, I may have to wander in and give it a whiff. Among a ton of others

I thought Infusion d'Iris was boring at first too...but then after some wearings, I started to really like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I thought Infusion d'Iris was boring at first too...but then after some wearings, I started to really like it!
    oh don't get me wrong, i adore infusion d'iris but i found amber to be kind of similar that's all. So for something new to be so similar it's a bit disappointing.

I tried it yesterday , I know its supposed to be womens but whatever .... I was quite pleasantly surprised as I love ambers but have yet to try anything I like from Prada . I really didnt think it was that bad , sure there are better stronger Ambers out there but if you are looking for something lighter and easy to wear it might fit the bill . It does have that distinct Prada dry down that all their frags seem to have IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    I tried it yesterday , I know its supposed to be womens but whatever .... I was quite pleasantly surprised as I love ambers but have yet to try anything I like from Prada . I really didnt think it was that bad , sure there are better stronger Ambers out there but if you are looking for something lighter and easy to wear it might fit the bill . It does have that distinct Prada dry down that all their frags seem to have IMO
    Thank you for the review and having the guts to step outside the gender box. I called my local Saks and Neimans and the SAs could not spell it... ("Low hombre," is what they called it! That takes the cake as the most mangled French I have heard although I must admit, "queer" for "cuir" is funnier!!)

I would love to try this! I adore the women's Infusion d'Iris and have the 1.7 oz. EDP and also the 1.0 oz. for on-the-go. One SA said that many men prefer the women's Infusion to the men's (in the white box.)
    Last edited by Primrose; 29th August 2009 at 12:25 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

It hit the stores in the UK/Ireland mid week. I managed a quick sniff and found it rather sweet, will try it again on skin.

Rose de Mai is a particular rose bush. L'Occitane have a whole range based around it.

I love opoponax candles by Diptyque, it has a soft sweet amber like smell.
    DONNA