Code of Conduct

Default Why Do My 2 Bottles of Richard James Saville Row Have Different Colors?

I bought a bottle of this one from a fellow B'noter because I didn't recognize the picture and had read good things about it.

Tonight I was perusing my collection and realized I already had a bottle--same size and shape, but one bottle's juice was pale green and the other, pale yellow.

Has this one been re-released/reformulated, or could it be the aging process? By the way, they both smell identical to my untrained nose.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why Do My 2 Bottles of Richard James Saville Row Have Different Colors?

Do you recall when did you get the other bottle? I got mine about two years ago, and it is pale green.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Default Re: Why Do My 2 Bottles of Richard James Saville Row Have Different Colors?

I have noticed that this scent does look a little muddier with age. The darker shade is more "mature".

Interesting. I guess it's normal, then...the one that's goten darker doesn't smell any different.

Can't comment on the age of the bottles, as 1) I don't remember when I bought mine, and 2) don't know how old the bottle was that I bought from another Bn'er.

Terrific scent, BTW, and highly recommended. I think my mistake in purchasing two bottles will pay off one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I have noticed that this scent does look a little muddier with age. The darker shade is more "mature".
    Also, I have noticed that color varies slightly between production runs at Bath & Body Works, where I work part-time. Sweet Pea is especially variable, sometimes more purple, sometimes more pink. So your color difference could be from aging, as mentioned above, or could be from different production runs, rather than any reformulation of the scent.

By the way, could you elaborate on how the scent smells? I have not seen it in person.
    Last edited by Advocate; 13th July 2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Added question.

Basenotes Institution

I have seen different juice colors also. Both smelled the same. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Also, I have noticed that color varies slightly between production runs at Bath & Body Works, where I work part-time. Sweet Pea is especially variable, sometimes more purple, sometimes more pink. So your color difference could be from aging, as mentioned above, or could be from different production runs, rather than any reformulation of the scent.

By the way, could you elaborate on how the scent smells? I have not seen it in person.
    I'm horrible at picking out specific notes, but according to the reviews here, tuberose plays a prominent role.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have seen different juice colors also. Both smelled the same. No worries.
    Thanks Mike. Nice to know. I'd hate for one of the bottles to have turned.