Code of Conduct

Default Ordering Montale's Musk to Musk -- Regular or Extra Parfum Concentration?

So far, all my previous Montale purchases have been in the extra parfum concentration and I was glad I chose to buy them with the added oil. It was just more satisfying in the long run despite having to be careful about how it is applied as well as the amount. (Sweet Oriental Dream, Red Aoud, Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, Sweet Oriental Dream, Aoud Safran, Black Aoud, etc)

However, this time, the scent in question is Musk to Musk, where the pleasant (and sexy) ethereal lightweightedness is in my opinion an important part of its character. I'm just scared it may end up all cluttered up in the extra concentration.... and no, diluting it with perfumer's alcohol is not an option! Either way, I am leaning towards going for extra concentration. Think of it another way, for many people, M2M needs more balls.

So -- what do you guys and gals think? Has anyone smelled M2M with the added oil?

Default Re: Ordering Montale's Musk to Musk -- Regular or Extra Parfum Concentration?

there are 2 members now selling it on BN.... check that befor u order.

I wouldn't add extra oil to it.
    the point of it and why u ejoy it is because it is light and delicate.

adding extra wil make it havier.
    I had this with lime oud.
    Last edited by moreda; 11th July 2009 at 02:31 PM.

Default Re: Ordering Montale's Musk to Musk -- Regular or Extra Parfum Concentration?

Your instinct that extra oil may throw off the balance off a musk may be right. I've never tried it with extra oil but as far as musks go M2M is fairly potent... lord knows I wouldn't want Roses Musk any stronger then it already is (and like you I like strong scents).

You already know my opinion on Musk to Musk. I'm wholly in the favor of letting it be in it's original concentration. M2M was the only offering from Montale that got me interested in this house again.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Whatever they send you unless you are personally picking it up from their boutique will be fine.

I would get it in the regular concentration. Mine is regular and I wouldn't want it any denser - I think it would ruin its character.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!