Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fragrances like Mouchoir de Monsieur

xxxxx
    Last edited by mrclmind; 15th December 2010 at 05:18 AM.

I don't know who it was--i've never done this before--and probably won't be doing it again--but there was a maelstrom of reactions to several of the comments i posted last night--I was in shock: I don't know how this system works--and many of them were snarky and unkind and I can't imagine what it was that i could have said that would lead to that kind of fierce reaction. I'm a luddite and don't use the internet much--I'm a writer so I use word mostly. I'm sure it wasn't you--It's just that, when you're used to instructing people and are considered an expert in certain realms there is a tone that develops that, I suspect, comes off as arrogance to those reading it, but would pass perfectly were it heard in the spoken word. The whole thing just seems bizarre to me--that is--until I saw the "lamp chop," at which point, I considered all abusive reactions worthy of having produced groundbreaking art! I suppose i don't quite understand how people could be so critical, for instance, of my copious usage of perfume on a forum like this: In reality, I don't feel I over use--I just "use," and by that I mean on everything--and I come from a culture of perfume usage, so this kind of thing is normal for me. Anyway--if my comment "hit" you--I had no idea: I just imagined it was hitting everyone: again, at risk of being redundant--I am a novice at this online banter and have no idea how it works--so my apologies. Somehow, we made the "lamp chop" happen--so, you know, I'm proud! (should have written "mutton chop!"

Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    If the "Mon Dieu" gentleman is reading, your response was to the second half of a discussion: I suggested Canoe by Dana in "Extra Rich" formulation, long discontinued but very easily available on e-bay, as the closest thing I could think of to MdM without the fecal undertone. My comments about Pour un Homme de Caron were in response to his counter suggestion.
    Actually you quoted my post suggesting Caron pour un homme and pretty much pierced my heart out. But I don't think I said anything back to you that was rude or catty, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. But bygones. Let's just move on OK?

Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    I don't know who it was--i've never done this before--and probably won't be doing it again--but there was a maelstrom of reactions to several of the comments i posted last night--I was in shock: I don't know how this system works--and many of them were snarky and unkind and I can't imagine what it was that i could have said that would lead to that kind of fierce reaction. I'm a luddite and don't use the internet much--I'm a writer so I use word mostly. I'm sure it wasn't you--It's just that, when you're used to instructing people and are considered an expert in certain realms there is a tone that develops that, I suspect, comes off as arrogance to those reading it, but would pass perfectly were it heard in the spoken word. The whole thing just seems bizarre to me--that is--until I saw the "lamp chop," at which point, I considered all abusive reactions worthy of having produced groundbreaking art! I suppose i don't quite understand how people could be so critical, for instance, of my copious usage of perfume on a forum like this: In reality, I don't feel I over use--I just "use," and by that I mean on everything--and I come from a culture of perfume usage, so this kind of thing is normal for me. Anyway--if my comment "hit" you--I had no idea: I just imagined it was hitting everyone: again, at risk of being redundant--I am a novice at this online banter and have no idea how it works--so my apologies. Somehow, we made the "lamp chop" happen--so, you know, I'm proud! (should have written "mutton chop!"
    No worries. I'm glad that you are here. I'm sure you will be an asset. And over usage? No way! Not around here. Spray that perfume!!