Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Joop Homme. (original version) Only for winter?

can Joop Homme be used in summer, or is it out of the question?

Default Re: Joop Homme. (original version) Only for winter?

Just try it

Post Thanks / Like

No, the sprayer ceases to work for 6 months of the year depending which hemisphere you are in.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    Just try it
    Hmm.. Must buy blind. It`s not available in my country..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    No, the sprayer ceases to work for 6 months of the year depending which hemisphere you are in.

You don`t have to be sarcastic.. I think you know what i meen. You wouldn`t use Egoiste, Antaeus or A*Men in very hot weather. Or would you?

Post Thanks / Like

Please don't, for the sake of those around you. It's stronger than A*Men, and sweeter too. I mean, you can do whatever you want, but I wouldn't.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 12th July 2009 at 10:14 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Please don't, for the sake of those around you. It's stronger than A*Men, and sweeter too. I mean, you can do whatever you want, but I wouldn't
    Ditto that.

Joop in the summer! ((((runs away very quickly))))
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

You may try some of its summer editions, which are pretty similar to the traditional Joop!

I suggest the Summer Temptation edition.

I wear Joop Homme in the summer and it works fine -

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Joop Homme. (original version) Only for winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    You don`t have to be sarcastic.. I think you know what i meen. You wouldn`t use Egoiste, Antaeus or A*Men in very hot weather. Or would you?
    LMAO !! Oslo buddy, Anthony87 is not being sarcastic ! He's speaking from experience, as I do remember him posting in threads about faulty sprayers Too funny....now back to your thought provoking initial question....

Despite being extremely sweet at application; my body chemistry makes this smell like pure sandalwood (I'm guessing that's the base) during the summer months.

I can wear it, but it's projection is weaker in the summer months (odd, I know) and it smells totally different on me. I'd say take the shower, dry off, apply lightly, then get dressed. By the time I'm dressed, it's already smelling different.

I got this scent because my friends all thought it would be too sweet on me; totally opposite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    You asked if you can wear it in hot weather; of course you 'can,' its just probably not a good idea. Id consider it akin to wearing a fur-lined leather jacket on a summers day; you 'can,' but its not a good idea! Joop! Homme should be easily available somewhere for you to try, but trust me you would have smelt it before, its as popular as le Male, Aqua di Gio, etc.

I personally find it repulsive regardless of hot or cold weather.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony, realizing that you live in the north of Europe I think the bigger question might be: will perfume x be good in cooler weather, too? A warm day will always make your fragrance a little bigger, and sometimes brings out notes you haven't noticed before. French perfumes were originally developed in France and usually stand the warm weather test easily or have even been made for it. Joop's perfumes are relatively new and may have been targeted to a much wider market across the globe. Like always with perfume - be open to try yours under any condition, to find out it's best use.

I don't wear A'Men and Joop, because I somehow do not care for them. But I love to wear Antaeus occasionally. To me it's a 'black tie' kind of a fragrance (white shirt, evening affairs, Beethoven concert, etc...). These events are usually indoors, and it can be quite warm there, even at dinners, to the point of being uncomfortable. So I use such a fragrance sparingly. At such occasions the time of the year is irrelevant. My personal opinion: in Summer Antaeus palette seems to be much wider - like Lagerfelds fan! I happen to prefer it that way, and I have had neither compliments nor complaints from others. That's just not a habit where I live.
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Post Thanks / Like

You asked if you can wear it in hot weather; of course you 'can,' its just probably not a good idea. Id consider it akin to wearing a fur-lined leather jacket on a summers day; you 'can,' but its not a good idea! Joop! Homme should be easily available somewhere for you to try, but trust me you would have smelt it before, its as popular as le Male, Aqua di Gio, etc.

I personally find it repulsive regardless of hot or cold weather.
    I guess I also misinterpreted your post. You should send some of your Joop! Nightlfight to Norway and let him know how a summer fragrance is suppose to smell like That way Oslo can stay within the same house, but not wear something cloying like Homme.