Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Fragrance Samples question

So I am planning on ordering about 6 samples online, but the samples without the sprayer are about .75 cheaper than the ones with the sprayer. $.75 adds up fast (especially when your ordering 6. Is it really worth it or no?

Default Re: Fragrance Samples question

If you bill on an hourly basis, yes. The time spent fussing with the little plastic caps, spilling bits on your fingers, figuring out how to apply (by yourself then consulting threads here about cotton buds and 'dab vs spray' etc.), then spilling a bit more, wiping it off and so on adds up to at least 75 c of my time that would be better spent enjoying the scent after a quick spray has settled in a nice diffused way on my wrist in a matter of seconds.

Just my opinion of course . . .

PS The only ones I wouldn't bother with a spray are the splash type EdCs which generally come without a spray anyway.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 13th July 2009 at 05:51 AM. Reason: ps
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Dependent

I very much agree with the post above. Do note also that some fragrances in general(not only EDCs) have been discussed to be better off dabbed than sprayed. so it depends what your getting as well.

Some of the stronger stuff -- like Montale or Amouage -- are better in dab vials: you can really control how much you apply.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894