Code of Conduct

Default the new cologne waters by 4711

anyone know where to test and buy the new 4711 colognes.

I think I would like to try the
    Acqua Colonia Lemon & Ginger
    Acqua Colonia Royal Riesling
    4711 Portugal
    Acqua Colonia Vetyver & Bergamot

sounds like pretty good colognes on the cheap

Default Re: the new cologne waters by 4711

I have seen them in the stores here in germany and I think they are widely available via internet.
    Thanks for mentioning them, the line does indeed seem testworthy.
    Didnt now-sell-this give a pretty good description? I definitely read some short review on them in some blog, Il report if I find it again.

A BN expert in eaux de colognes highlighted the presence of synthetic notes in them. I would like to know if they are worth trying.

Despite my hatred of 4711 I tried them with an open mind, but alas, they are just plain awful. They smell like room freshener or those little scented trees for the car. I can't imagine how one csn manage to make even lavender smell so horridly cheap. The Riesling is simply diluted 4711 and Lemon/Ginger is totally fake. The only bearable one is the verveine, but you can get easily get a superior, simple verveine cologne at provencal shops for a fraction of the price. A complete rip off. Please spend your money on Caldey or Norfolk Lavender, or buy M. Balmain, but not this junk!
    Last edited by the_good_life; 14th July 2009 at 12:17 AM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Despite my hatred of 4711 I tried them with an open mind, but alas, they are just plain awful. They smell like room freshener or those little scented trees for the car. I can't imagine how one csn manage to make even lavender smell so horridly cheap. The Riesling is simply diluted 4711 and Lemon/Ginger is totally fake. The only bearable one is the verveine, but you can get easily get a superior, simple verveine cologne at provencal shops for a fraction of the price. A complete rip off. Please spend your money on Caldey or Norfolk Lavender, or buy M. Balmain, but not this junk!

Oh my!
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Up to a certain point, I must confess that I was very eager (even impatient myself) regarding these new variations, since I thought "wow, 4711 finally goes niche (or tries to imitate it)", but I guess I was wrong, since I trust the opinion of fellow Basenoters.