Code of Conduct

Default Replacement for L'Artisan Jour de Fete (now discontinued)?

Hello all, I've been a member of BN for ages, but have never posted before.

I found out recently that Jour de Fete by L'Artisan was discontinued a while back. This is one of my favourite scents and I'm gutted. I was wondering if anyone knows of any scents that have a similar almond/wheat/vanilla/hay/heliotrope/powdery sort of vibe? I already own Etro Heliotrope and Ava Luxe Angel Face which have some similarity, but neither quite hit the spot.

I have a half bottle left which should last a while, but I need to get searching to fill the hole that will be left in my collection when I finally finish the bottle

Out of interest, does anyone know *why* Jour de Fete was discontinued by L'Artisan? It always seemed like a bit of a cult favourite for almond-lovers and comfort scent seekers.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Replacement for L'Artisan Jour de Fete (now discontinued)?

Beautycafe.com has it but I don't know if they ship outside the USA...and 10% off with coupon code "basenotes".

Checked: They mention free shipping in USA for orders $50 and over but do not specifically say they won't ship outside the USA. Do you have a friend who can order for you and send it to you?

What 30R. said.

You might also look into Laurence Dumont line that Beautycafe carries and Comptoir Sud Pacifique line that they do not. I can't think of any exact matches, but I am sure there might be something sweet, soft and powdery among their offerings for you.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

When we were in NYC I sniffed Creed Sublime Vanille and thought it had some similarities to Jour de Fête, though certainly not a real substitute.

Gaaah, noooo! They discontinued this? I will go to the linked website, see if there are any left, and snap a couple up. Does anyone know of any other websites still carrying this frag?

As for a substitute, let me mention Sexy Angelic by Honore des Pres - possibly discontinued but I have been able to snap up 4 bottles of this over the past 3-ish months, so it's still out there. It isn't by any means a dupe, but it has much the same qualities as Jour de Fete - light gourmand, subtly done, almond-y. One caveat is that it doesn't last long AT ALL. I mean, that, worst longevity ever (literally) - I love it enough to be willing to deal with this, but not everyone will be.

Almond is, I think, my favourite note and it hurts that Jour de fete has been axed, it's a very good frag!

Added: link to HdP Sexy Angelic: http://www.spiritbeautylounge.com/ho...y-angelic.html
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

To everyone else who replied above, thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely give them a try as I'm always hunting out almondy scents.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 26th February 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: quoting deleted post