Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday, 16 July 2011

Good morning all,
    After a relaxed breakfast I will start preparing today's barbecue for a late lunch.
    My mouth is watering from the sheer thought of slipper lobster tails (my very favorite) to go with a wonderfully distinctive Gewurztraminer white wine from the Alsace.

I clicked on the submit button too early... lol... Mitsouko EdP to be continued. It's hugely enjoyable on a summerday.
    Cheers!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SOTD: Saturday 16th July 2011

Good morning from a grey and miserable St Albans, UK. Not much potential for any outdoor orientated stuff today so "She who must be obeyed" has proposed a day of retail therapy to combat the gloom. Who am I to argue ?

SotD is Creed SMW (also known as Silver Mimi Water )

Default Re: SOTD: Saturday 16th July 2011

Well done, my friend, at EXACTLY the same time.... haha! I will now take it very personal who posts with you or me.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SotD Saturday, 16 July 2011

Looks like myself and Larimar both posted a SotD thread simultaneously. Great minds ............

Yep, even our reply too each other was posted at exactly the same time... ... truly GREAT minds!

Post Thanks / Like

^Oh, that's what happened. I was in the middle of posting and everything went slightly strange...

Larimar: Your BBQ sounds (and looks) amazing! I do love a glass of Gewürztraminer on a hot day - fruity, floral, ever so slightly fizzy. Mmm.

As Jon said though, it's a grey and rainy start to the weekend here. Bah Humbug.

Malle's Portrait of a Lady for me today. Will try and pop into Liberty's to wheedle a few samples out of a certain SA. Then meeting a friend for a drink. I'm bringing along some perfumes for her to try but I've no idea of her taste.

Have a great day everyone.

gandhajala, I sympathize with you and the often miserable English weather must be even more difficult with your years spent in tropical Northern Australia (I've been there ). I had the feeling you would know how delicious a good Gewurztraminer is. That sounds like fun to 'convert' a friend to fine fragrances. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Good day and weekend

Dior Cologne J'Adore Florale
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! We're heading to the airport this morning for the start of a long overdue and much needed vacation. My SOTD is Creed Virgin Island Water.

Notes include essence of copra, coconut toddy, lime, bergamot, mandarin orange, hibiscus, ginger, ylang-ylang, jasmine, sugar cane, white rum and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Larimar - looks wonderful!

Youre BBQ'ing whilst Im rugging up here from the cold!

For me, its the rather winter-appropriate:

Post Thanks / Like

No chance of a bbq here - chucking it down with rain.
    Good deed for the day: taking a hedgehog from the garden to the hedgehog hospital. Seeing them out and about during the day is very bad news apparently. Hope it will be OK.

Wearing Shalimar Parfum Initial today.

Post Thanks / Like

Kouros

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Dense fog here and another day of high temps and humidity ahead.

SotD is Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.

Top notes: Green Mango, Grapefruit
    Middle notes: Calamus, Lotus
    Base notes: Sycamore, Frankincense

Have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday, 16 July 2011

Olivier Polge's

Christian Dior
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still cool and rainy here, which is a much needed change. SOTD is my purchase from yesterday, current Cabochard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Today's been a hodge-podge...Kelly Caleche, NR for her EdP, PG Felanilla, Pacifica French Lilac, some Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile somewhere. Pretty good day!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

So far today we've had..duelling threads, fabulous wine picks, and a hospital for hedgehogs....what a great place this is!

Y'all smell fab, too.

I'm sporting Aubousson Histoire D'Amour
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Post Thanks / Like

The fact: did you guys know there no hedgehogs here in the US of A? (we had one staying with us for a couple of days when I was a European child, I do not remember the details except for one: he made an awful noise at night running around). Nightingales are non-existent either.

Chanel Beige. Weekends are too short to spend them on testing only.

JoeP, have a nice vacation with your hubby in Hawaii.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hedgehogs are reported to be illegal in the state of CA. Don't know what the CA govt has against such cute creatures
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Adolfo Dominguez Vetiver Hombre this morning
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    My mouth is watering from the sheer thought of slipper lobster tails (my very favorite) to go with a wonderfully distinctive Gewurztraminer white wine from the Alsace.
    My mouth is watering, too! Dinner is still up in the air here, but you've given me some ideas (eating out, lol!). I love Alsatian wines.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Good morning from a grey and miserable St Albans, UK. Not much potential for any outdoor orientated stuff today so "She who must be obeyed" has proposed a day of retail therapy to combat the gloom. Who am I to argue ?
    At least you can fragrance browse while you're out. Not too awful a consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Good morning! We're heading to the airport this morning for the start of a long overdue and much needed vacation.
    Have a great time! Safe journey to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Hedgehogs are reported to be illegal in the state of CA. Don't know what the CA govt has against such cute creatures
    Wha...???

It's sunny and pleasant here today. Lots to run around and do. I'm wearing my sample of by Kilian's Sweet Redemption this morning. I love it the longer I wear it. Very sweet. Just my kind of thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. Wearing Un Bois Vanille.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone -

I'm in Gucci No1 this morning.

Larimar - that's one hideous-looking basket of lobsters ....though I'm sure they taste much more appetizing than look. Enjoy that barbeque!

Twolf - you were right about the stars, of course. I got my five some time ago - the new star was for my sotd. No skimmer, you must actually read the whole thread! Knowing that keeps me on my toes.

Oh, and there are no native hedgehogs here - they are allowed as pets in some states. I didn't know about the nightingales though - that's sort of sad.

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Last week it was Jazz in the vineyards and this week they are doing Music from the 1920/30s, Viennese songs and operetta. It is again in the middle of the vineyards and it is a lovely evening. I do hope they concentrate on the former, but with the Hungarian singer they have today it should be remarkable. She is stunning since I know her from ane event last winter in a huge wine vault. What bothers me what fragrance should I wear... Mitsouko, Shalimar, En Avion...? I am clueless today...
    EDIT: I decided to go in Mitsouko Extrait. It's brightness and glorious peach really do me today.
    Last edited by Larimar; 16th July 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm working a long day today so I decided to wear the humble Dream Angel's Heavenly by Victoria 's Secret when I left my house early this morning. But I have 4 different rollerballs in my bag: Fracas, NR musc for Her, Creme Bouquet by Stila, and NR for Her parfum. Maybe tonight I'll treat myself to a bit of one of those. Have a relaxing weekend everyone!

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Larimar, I'll be right over for dinner tonight. It looks yummy, and for once, I don't even remember what you are wearing, as I was so distracted by the food
    Joe, enjoy your vacation! And you smell very vacationy - I love VIW for just that very reason. It is vacation in a bottle

I'm in Keiko Mecheri Ume from a sample. I'm a little fruity today, but it is hot and it's fitting for my relaxed weekend mood.

Post Thanks / Like

AM: Ice Men
    PM: Datura Noir

Rain, rain, rain... it has been tipping it down all day here in London. I hunted around for something appropriate to wear and happened upon a sample of City Rain by Neil Morris.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm wearing A A Lilia Bella and trying to stay cool as the heat and humidity rise.

This afternoon we're taking our daughter to see Harry Potter, and then tomorrow she's leaving for a 7 day trip with a group from our church to rebuild a damaged church building in New Hampshire.

She's never been camping and never spent more than one overnight away from home, so this is exciting for her. She'll do some good in the world while fulfilling her high school's requirement of 30 hours of community service to be performed sometime in the four years, without which the students cannot graduate.

That means hubby and I will actually be alone for one whole week. Anyone who is a parent knows what a rare gift this is.

He took a week's vacation. We have no specific plans; it's nicer this way. We'll just be able to do whatever we feel like doing each day. I'll still pop in from time to time, no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

Bless you Devilcat.

Exhausting, but fun Saturday. Did some sniffing: Finally managed to test the new Le Labo Santal and Lutens' "violet thingy", as Larimar put it the other day. Made a new 'friend' too with the Sicilian waitress at my semi-regular coffee shop. The awkward moment came after I had used my 3 1/2 words of Italian, and she - thinking I was actually Italian, proceeded to chat away merrily. I had to apologise and explain to her I really only knew how to say 'hello, a double espresso please'

SotE is Dans tes Bras, from samples.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

SotE - L'Eau D'Hiver

Post Thanks / Like

Devilcat, a hedgehog hospital? We have a turtle hospital here in FL... Hedgehogs are adorable. We don't have any here except for escaped pets. But you guys don't have lizards, right?

Keiko Meicheri Datura Blanche again today. I tell you, ONE sniff of this sold it to a co-worker, she is saving her pennies as we speak. I told her I'd make her a decant to hold her over until she could buy it. A Florida-Summer-Friendly-Fragrance.

Banana Republic ~ M

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon all!

It's the three H's here again... hot, hazy and humid. Spent the morning weeding and the early afternoon at the farmers market, finally settling down with an ice coffee and catching up with all you lovely smelling people. SotD is Chanel No. 19.

30Roses have a wonderful week and enjoy your time.
    Larimar, your lobsters may taste wonderful but they don't look very appetizing.

Hope you all have a lovely evening eating,drinking and being merry! Smooches!!
    Last edited by shoegal68; 16th July 2011 at 08:27 PM.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Post Thanks / Like

Opium Pour Homme Eau d'Orient (YSL) - A limited edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello dear BNers! Thanks for your sweet wishes yesterday! (Twolf - I had been saying that my next two FB's would be Carnal Flower and Battito d'Ali, so he knew I wanted them. He was amused that I was still surprised, even after the hint-dropping on my part. )

Included with the bottle were 5 samples from the good folks at Luckyscent! Some of you may know that Battito d'Ali has some wonderful gourmand notes, so all 5 are somehow foody in nature. And -- they are occupying various spots on my arm at the moment (with main foody note):

Profumum Dulcis di Fundo (wrists, vanilla)
    Keiko Mecheri Mulholland (left upper forearm, citrus - yuck - am I near a mall store? whoa)
    Nez a Nez Atelier d'Artiste (right upper forearm, grape-ity grape)
    Profumum Dambrosia (left shoulder; I think it's coconut, but LS says pear and almond?)
    PdN Kiss Me Tender (right shoulder; LS says "Vanilla, aniseed, almond, fresh cut hay" - nice vanilla but I have to say I'm enjoying the hay)

Will have fun retesting them all, but now I should shower...

Post Thanks / Like

ScentTwins with Shoegal68...wearing Chanel No 19 for my SotD. I haven't worn this in ages and ages....I wore so much a few years back that I needed a break from it.

No 19 is a fragrance that can mix with my chemistry in an off way sometimes, and it happens the moment I spray it on. But, oh!, when it mixes well, it sparkles!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing Vanille Dîvine des Tropiques this evening, enjoying an evening at home. I wanted to go see the new Harry Potter film but it's sold out tonight and I think all of tomorrow's shows are sold out as well. I was glad to read a good review of it in the WSJ. Haven't read any others. We may go for a gelato a little later. That will be our big outing tonight. I am a cheap and easy to please date (but don't tell my husband! hee!).

Armani Code Pour Homme
    Gary

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gorilla Perfume The Smell of Weather Turning tonight
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot, gelato! It would be good right now (107 after heat index), and it is approaching 20:00. Walked home from work (it is about 20 minutes, a little over a mile) dripping. Yuckkk! Saw a couple of tiny snakes sunbathing, they are non-poisonous variety.

Finished the rest of Creed Acier Aluminium. Smell fresh(er) and clean(er) now, feet soaking in a cold water tub.

Had problems with the Directory. Where Rating and Longevity are supposed to be it says "Dave supposed gto be adding something". Who is Dave, I wonder? and what is "gto"?

Post Thanks / Like

30 Roses, your coming week sounds lovely. Enjoy your time with hubby.

I started the day testing Costamor Beachwood (aquatic melon, don't really like it), now wearing Montale's Jasmin Full.

L'Eau de Jatamansi.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wearing Tom Ford Neroli Portofino in denial that it's so cold outside. I thought this was going to be just another citrus but it's actually quite warm and amber-y on me, particularly in the drydown - surprisingly good longevity as well!

Spent Saturday shopping at the market and testing out my new grill - had very tasty chargrilled capsicum, spanish onion and lamb skewers for dinner *nom*
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille