Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Wich of those modern extraits do you prefer?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jicky

5 14.71%
  • L'Heure Bleue

0 0%
  • Mitsouko

4 11.76%
  • Chanel No 5

6 17.65%
  • Chanel No 22

1 2.94%
  • Cuir de Russie (Chanel)

6 17.65%
  • Shalimar

4 11.76%
  • Bois des Iles

9 26.47%
  • Vol de Nuit

12 35.29%
  • Chamade

1 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default yet another hot battle of extraits (testosterone is flying high in here)

Hello, Ladies!
    There's a very interesting poll going on at the guys' section.

How about our own?
    This time we are choosing between modern extraits. That's right! wich one of those would you be most eager to accept as a pleasant gift today.

Default Re: yet another hot battle of extraits (testosterone is flying high in here)

Chanel Cuir de Russie and Guerlain Jicky are the two (modern formulation) extraits I am most fond of.

Default Re: yet another hot battle of extraits (testosterone is flying high in here)

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Chanel Cuir de Russie and Guerlain Jicky are the two (modern formulation) extraits I am most fond of.
    Those two are tough ones!

I'd accept them all apart from No5, don't like it in any strength.
    DONNA

donna255, that's interesting! So, you don't find No 22 to be similar to no 5?

Bois des Īles. I love the current parfum almost as much as the vintage ...almost.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Guerlains Vol de Nuit is a masterpiece! Whether you like Guerlain's style or not, this brand had, have and will unquestionably always have an incredible relevance in perfume history. Guerlain is, no more and no less, french perfumery personified and Vol De Nuit is one of the highest examples of all this.

PS. I LOVE, LOVE them all though!
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

I was uncertain between Jicky and Cuir de Russie, in the end I went with CdR, which I own, still the smoothest, skin-like leather around.

cacio

southerngardens, I agree! For me Vol de Nuit is the ultimate Guerlain perfume and my personal favourite fragrance of all times. I never tried the vintage though.

cacio, Cuir de Russie is a real treasure! I never understood why someone would like to smell of leather untill I tried CdR! It is a perfect example elegance on the verge of epatage.

Evangeline, I still don't understand how is it possible to make an overdose of sandalwood without the actual sandalwood?

So the most popular here are Jicky and Vol de Nuit.
    It looks rather bizarre since the winner of vintage was Jicky as well and Vol de Nuit was mentioned a lot!
    But I always thought that Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleue were universally the most loved ones amoung the "educated noses".
    And N5 + Shalimar - the most popular among the commonners.

bois des iles & cuir de russie

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I'd accept them all apart from No5, don't like it in any strength.
    Same here but I'll add to the list of "dislikes" the modern L'Heure Bleue.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette View Post
    So the most popular here are Jicky and Vol de Nuit.
    It looks rather bizarre since the winner of vintage was Jicky as well and Vol de Nuit was mentioned a lot!
    But I always thought that Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleue were universally the most loved ones amoung the "educated noses".
    And N5 + Shalimar - the most popular among the commonners.
    I guess I'm a commoner. Among vintage, I still love Shalimar the best. I voted for Vol de Nuit here, since I think it's the best one in it's current formulation.

I prefer Jicky EdP to the parfum, although the parfum is very nice. I just prefer the way the EdP is balanced.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I voted for Vol de Nuit, but I would also choose Cuir De Russie. I just use the VDN a little bit more.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette View Post
    donna255, that's interesting! So, you don't find No 22 to be similar to no 5?
    It a way yes, but it does not have the plastic jasmine vibe. No22 is more incense and metallic like.
    DONNA

I'm with Mrs. E on this one, although there are a few I have not sniffed in extrait, and I am voting Bois des Iles. But I almost always vote Bois des Iles on any poll, so don't listen to me I do think it has held up just fine though, and that Chanel has tried very hard to hold on to the feeling of their classics.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    ...But I almost always vote Bois des Iles on any poll, so don't listen to me .
    hehe

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Same here but I'll add to the list of "dislikes" the modern L'Heure Bleue.
    I agree - the current formulation is wholly unacceptable. Vol de Nuit gets my vote followed by Bois des Iles.