Code of Conduct

Default Women pushing me towards FRESH scents

And not for the reasons you would think. I admit I live in a small town where the fragrance choices are limited. Most people I know don't bother they head to wal-mart or wal-greens and pick up whatever they have there. A lot of the girls I know are wearing things like cotton candy body spray, the new Halle Berry scent, Jessica Simpson Fancy, and Victoria Secret Love Spell. The Halle Berry and the Jessica Simpson are warm and sweet while the love spell is fresher but still sweet. I love scents with a strong vanilla or amber note (Pi, Hypnose Homme etc) but recently I have been wearing Versace Pour Homme exclusively one because it has been the ulitmate compliment getter from women and two because my orientals are to close to what all the girls are wearing.

Default Re: Women pushing me towards FRESH scents

HORROR!!! VADE RETRO!!! JUST SAY NO!!!

Moreover, as a respected member of BN, you have the duty of showing them that there is world beyond Cool Water and Acqua de Gio.

Of course I am jocking

But that can be quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    And not for the reasons you would think. I admit I live in a small town where the fragrance choices are limited. Most people I know don't bother they head to wal-mart or wal-greens and pick up whatever they have there. A lot of the girls I know are wearing things like cotton candy body spray, the new Halle Berry scent, Jessica Simpson Fancy, and Victoria Secret Love Spell. The Halle Berry and the Jessica Simpson are warm and sweet while the love spell is fresher but still sweet. I love scents with a strong vanilla or amber note (Pi, Hypnose Homme etc) but recently I have been wearing Versace Pour Homme exclusively one because it has been the ulitmate compliment getter from women and two because my orientals are to close to what all the girls are wearing.
    A female person close to me that I haven't seen in a while, complimented my Versace PH whilst we were hugging. So, I tend to agree that a lot of women love fresh scents. It is nice to feel them during summer. In fall and winter you can use heavier and sweeter. But hey, if there is something you like to wear and makes you feel good, wear it no matter the weather or time of the year! It's all about what makes you feel good, not others! Don't get pushed man!
    Last edited by Zgb; 15th July 2009 at 07:53 PM.

Wear the fragrance you want to wear, so long as it doesn't overpower the nostrils of your neighbors. You don't tell them to stop wearing celebuscents do you? Besides, women don't like pushovers. Stand up for yourself, be confident, and learn a few jokes, you'll be miles ahead of the competition.

As an aside, psychologists have discovered that women prefer the natural scents of men whom are MHC-dissimilar as a way of spreading genes as far as possible. In other words, women who like your natural scent are detecting that you are a good mate. you can read more about that here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_h...xual_selection
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by gekko View Post
    Wear the fragrance you want to wear, so long as it doesn't overpower the nostrils of your neighbors. You don't tell them to stop wearing celebuscents do you? Besides, women don't like pushovers. Stand up for yourself, be confident, and learn a few jokes, you'll be miles ahead of the competition.

As an aside, psychologists have discovered that women prefer the natural scents of men whom are MHC-dissimilar as a way of spreading genes as far as possible. In other words, women who like your natural scent are detecting that you are a good mate. you can read more about that here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_h...xual_selection
    LOL! Amen to the scent of a man's skin! When my husband takes off for a business trip, I adore the scent of his skin on his pillow! Add to this is a fresh jamine blossom on the bedstand. I guess he and I are a good match.

Also, *real* men don't like pushovers, either.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Wear what the women like around the women, the rest of the time, wear what you want for yourself. You know when you've found your scent soul mate? When you're wearing your favorite fragrance and a girl you're attracted to asks you "Are you wearing ______?"

One can dream....

Okay maybe I didn't make clear in my first post. No woman has told me to wear fresh scents. I have noticed that recently a lot of girls are wearing these vanilla/almond/ambery scents which is very similar to my Givency Pi and Hypnose Homme among others. The fact that they are wearing these sweeter oriental type scents is what is leading me to towards Fresh scents. Because I have been smelling sweeter scents on girl when I smell my own sweet scents I think I smell like a girl. No woman has ever said I smell like a girl it is how I fell. That (along with the summer weather) has me leaning toward Fresh scents.

Fresh scents aren't necessarily bad anyway. The added bonus is that you can wear them confortably all year 'round. I don't know about you but I wouldn't fancy Black Orchid in the heat. It would get far too cloying. Versace Pour Homme is high quality stuff. Go figure mate

Also recommend Prada's Infusion D'Homme. Another high quality gem!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Aqua di Gio is still the best fresh scent regardless of the clout it gets for being too popular. I proudly wear it when nothing else seems to fit my mood.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

There is also a tendency among some men perhaps a few of them on BN to wear what clearly offends either their wife, girlfriend or most women. A certain bravado gets attached to this, like Who is she to tell me...

Well I can think of quite a few other arenas where someone can be the man...

Frankly while not a fan of aquatics, blue scents in general or even white musks, I think the age of overdose applications of powerhouse scents is rightlfully dead. Historically, in terms of world history such an approach to scent for men was and now has become again more of an anomaly. This doesn't mean give up the stronger scents but go more lightly on the trigger.

I can remember years ago shaking someone's hand and when I got in my own car my own steering wheel smelled like Grey Flannel.

Don't make scents a dubious babe magnet...something like Dungeons and Dragons...or a Star Trek convention...Remember the words of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog..."You will die very much alone..."

BTW, there is nothing inherently masculine about most Oriental scents...they are usually quite feminine...

Quote Originally Posted by ortho123 View Post
    There is also a tendency among some men perhaps a few of them on BN to wear what clearly offends either their wife, girlfriend or most women. A certain bravado gets attached to this, like Who is she to tell me...

Well I can think of quite a few other arenas where someone can be the man...

Frankly while not a fan of aquatics, blue scents in general or even white musks, I think the age of overdose applications of powerhouse scents is rightlfully dead. Historically, in terms of world history such an approach to scent for men was and now has become again more of an anomaly. This doesn't mean give up the stronger scents but go more lightly on the trigger.

I can remember years ago shaking someone's hand and when I got in my own car my own steering wheel smelled like Grey Flannel.

Don't make scents a dubious babe magnet...something like Dungeons and Dragons...or a Star Trek convention...Remember the words of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog..."You will die very much alone..."

BTW, there is nothing inherently masculine about most Oriental scents...they are usually quite feminine...
    It's all about person who wears a scent, not the scent itself! Otherwise...you die alone

I'm with you on this one!