Code of Conduct

Default Pheromone colognes?

So I'm kinda interested in the whole pheromone cologne idea...maybe it might work, maybe it doesn't, but I'm not opposed to trying it. I do own a bottle of Realm, but I'm not fond of the smell. Anybody know of any colognes with a very decent amount of pheromones that doesn't have a lame name or gold sticker that announces "look at me, I'm tacky!"? Just...something that looks like regular cologne and smells good. Colognes I like include acqua di gio, Unforgivable by sean john, american eagle 77, and cool water. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Pheromone colognes?

You can take a look at this site: http://www.pheromonetalk.com/mens-ph...kies-6372.html

Personally though, I wouldn't mess around with synthetic human pheromones. If you're spraying them onto yourself to affect others, beware: they'll affect you too, and we still don't know the consequences of synthetic pheromones interfering with your own hormonal cycle.

I have a science degree in psychology and throughout the years I've noticed that there aren't any very legit studies on this kind of thing to date... seems like an urban legend or something potentially harmful to me.

Pheromones don't really work. And it's hard to tell if they do. Get your head straight, get your goals straight, get your manners straight, do what you want and what you like - as your self-confidence shoots up, ladies will gravitate towards you (If that's what you wish).

That's what the pheromone business is based on - male insecurity. Just google "pheromones".

If that's not your concern, then.. heh, never tried them, so I can't help. But if you fancy it, report back with the results :P

I too find the whole pheromone thing rather gimmicky. A neighbor of mine wears a "pheromone" scent that is supposed to "attract men." Now I don't know what type of men she is trying to attract, but I can tell you that they would be ones without any style or class, or a sense of smell. The stuff smells absolutely terrible. But no one ever tells her because we all feel bad for her, and we don't want her to lose face. But I can tell you when she comes around people light up cigarettes just to mask the smell of her "perfume."
    Last edited by Maz24; 16th July 2009 at 07:40 AM.

I must confess, to my shame, that I tried using them too in my past and they NEVER worked, so it meant back to designer and niche colognes in no time.

I tried a bunch of pheromonetalk stuff before. I can vouch for them. I don't recommend them. I recommend vladdy's advice.

Haha ok then. I already have a gf by the way ;-) I'm not desperate or anything like that, just looking to try something new. I'll stick to what works for now. Unforgivable smells amazing.

Only one I know of is Andron. Don't know/care if the pheremones actually work, but it does have a great scent.

From a review by oolong

"Interestingly enough, in addition to having the much talked about pheromone aspect of the fragrance, a much lesser known aspect is that it is based on a fragrance formula recommended in Aliser Crowley's book on the occult, "Golden Dawn", as a way to attract women."

Talking Re: Pheromone colognes?

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    I too find the whole pheromone thing rather gimmicky. A neighbor of mine wears a "pheromone" scent that is supposed to "attract men." Now I don't know what type of men she is trying to attract, but I can tell you that they would be ones without any style or class, or a sense of smell. The stuff smells absolutely terrible. But no one ever tells her because we all feel bad for her, and we don't want her to lose face. But I can tell you when she comes around people light up cigarettes just to mask the smell of her "perfume."
    ROTFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron01 View Post
    Only one I know of is Andron. Don't know/care if the pheremones actually work, but it does have a great scent.

From a review by oolong

"Interestingly enough, in addition to having the much talked about pheromone aspect of the fragrance, a much lesser known aspect is that it is based on a fragrance formula recommended in Aliser Crowley's book on the occult, "Golden Dawn", as a way to attract women."
    Now THAT'S interesting! I don't care a wooden nickle for pheremones but I am very interested to smell Alistair Crowley's fragrance formula.

I wonder if TPC sells samples?

Addiction deos claimed to contain pheromones
    My Current 5 stars..... Brut, Lynx Java, Lynx Oriental, Lynx Musk, Lynx Inca, Lynx Fever, Addiction Spice Fire, Hugo Energise, Sean Jean Unforgivable, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul Gaultier Le MÔle, cKBe & cK1

I like what I like, so sue me!

I'm giving this one a bump.... I've been curious about this whole Pheromone business for a while now and in researching for a few hours, there are a few things that I've noticed:
    1. there's a lot of heavy handed selling/marketing, with obvious techniques. This makes me suspicious
    2. There are almost NO discussions saying the stuff doesn't work. This makes me partly suspicious, and also partly curious...
    3. based on what's being promised, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this... so is it just a fight club thing, or maybe they just don't work and people are too embarrassed to say anything, or maybe they do work and nobody wants to share their secrets. heck, even if it is a placebo affect, might still be worth it!

Anyone actually used any of this stuff and what are your honest thoughts?
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I think much like wearing a good cologne or perfume, your confidence is boosted and it shows in your body language and facial expressions which will naturally attract more women.

Pheromone colognes probably don't work and are probably a waste of money.

Trust me they work , but you have to have charm, bedroom eyes and a lot of sex appeal to go along with it.:toppie: With all of the above you can piss on yourself and get the same effect.

I heard having a personality can make you attractive. Not sure where to get one sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    That's too funny. I also had a similiar experience but I gave the girl some luckyscent samples and TPC card for her b-day and told her about my obsession to cover up the obvious.

I don't recommend the pheromone stuff but Le Male is my Gilroy/Spanish Fly. Never fails. I also have a couple others I wear just for the hunt depending on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    I heard having a personality can make you attractive. Not sure where to get one sorry.
    Surely not in a cave in Afganistan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    I'm giving this one a bump.... I've been curious about this whole Pheromone business for a while now and in researching for a few hours, there are a few things that I've noticed:
    1. there's a lot of heavy handed selling/marketing, with obvious techniques. This makes me suspicious
    2. There are almost NO discussions saying the stuff doesn't work. This makes me partly suspicious, and also partly curious...
    3. based on what's being promised, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this... so is it just a fight club thing, or maybe they just don't work and people are too embarrassed to say anything, or maybe they do work and nobody wants to share their secrets. heck, even if it is a placebo affect, might still be worth it!

Anyone actually used any of this stuff and what are your honest thoughts?
    The marketing for a lot of them is definitely heavy and obvious, but so is anything that isn't widely known/accepted and/or advertised. Pheromonetalk.com has a discussion about for all their pheromones, with some detailed posts from various users on which ones have what effect, or if they have no effect at all. Sometimes they discuss other companies' products. And as far as talking about pheros goes, it kind of is a fight club thing. Kind of like being a pickup artist. It breaks social norms and is generally unaccepted by the masses for this reason. Again, pheromonetalk has good discussion from many users on the subject of pheromones.

Personally, I've tried things I haven't noticed any difference with (not even when trying to overdose) and other things that definitely make a difference.
    Last edited by genvy5; 15th October 2009 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    Pheromones don't really work. And it's hard to tell if they do. Get your head straight, get your goals straight, get your manners straight, do what you want and what you like - as your self-confidence shoots up, ladies will gravitate towards you (If that's what you wish).

That's what the pheromone business is based on - male insecurity. Just google "pheromones".

If that's not your concern, then.. heh, never tried them, so I can't help. But if you fancy it, report back with the results :P
    I know many people have been and are saying the same thing that you are and I too, very skeptical, if not outright a non-believer of this whole pheromones thing. But there is something about female ability to smell things that us men can not. I have a bottle of Androsterone by I.P.D. Inc. (you can find some info. about it in the link below), which was purchased about 2 or 3 years back. Bought it and forgotten about it, until about a month ago...It was a hot day, and I forgot my favorite bottle of fragrance at home. But I always had this Andronsterone in the car glove compartment. So, I put 2 dabs of this stuff behind my ears and one on my chest and I never forget my gf's comment: "What is that you're wearing? I've never smelled that on you before. Very sexy and it really arouses me. Don't tell me you wear this around other girls". Well, needless to say, from that day on, I layer that with my favorite fragrance and now, found a better way to do just that: I mixed 3 parts of Aramis Havana to 1 part of Androsterone and let me tell you, the combination is just amazing and it is just the way I like it. I like Andron by Jovan a lot, but it is so rare and what you get on Ebay is just fake, fake, fake. The real Andron is very difficult to get. Andron is a little too powdery and so easily over powering if you're not careful. Havana by itself is amazing even better with this Androtesterone by IPD, Inc from Wichita, KS.(by itself, to me, a very pleasant scent, despite the low score in the below link). I had also tried Realm, but didn't like it.

In the link, Axcite LP7 is a fragrance with pheromones, just like Realm. I haven't tried that. But I am extremely happy with the new combination of fragrance and pheromones I have just created. I'd take that over Andron any day. Thanks, Aramis!!!

http://evercoolnews.com/2009/02/02/m...omone-reviews/

P.S. I wore Andron because I like the scent and not because of the pheromones thing.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke; 15th October 2009 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Adding details

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    The marketing for a lot of them is definitely heavy and obvious, but so is anything that isn't widely known/accepted and/or advertised. Pheromonetalk.com has a discussion about for all their pheromones, with some detailed posts from various users on which ones have what effect, or if they have no effect at all. Sometimes they discuss other companies' products. And as far as talking about pheros goes, it kind of is a fight club thing. Kind of like being a pickup artist. It breaks social norms and is generally unaccepted by the masses for this reason. Again, pheromonetalk has good discussion from many users on the subject of pheromones.

Personally, I've tried things I haven't noticed any difference with (not even when trying to overdose) and other things that definitely make a difference.
    Hmmm, thanks. I'm going to get digging into this a bit more. There seems to be a LOT of chatter and stories of this stuff working. I can see exactly how this is treated like PUA stuff, mainstream knows the main point, says "bah, what a bunch of idiots" and dismisses it, but the guys within the circle either nothing's going to help them, or some see a serious upside. I dunno, I think this stuff might be worth a shot just for science's sake, if nothing else. PS - I'm a psych major...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

And in both niches, in investing a good amount of your energy into growing through them, you will eventually find this zen full-circle ending where you realize they are both BS and you never really needed them in the first place. But the apprentice generally never gets there unless he immerses himself in the practice. I just like things related to self-actualization

edit: again though, I don't recommend the phero journey as it's totally unnecessary for a person's development, but I do recommend the PUA one.
    Last edited by genvy5; 15th October 2009 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Now THAT'S interesting! I don't care a wooden nickle for pheremones but I am very interested to smell Alistair Crowley's fragrance formula.

I wonder if TPC sells samples?
    Follow this link and you will find the fragrance formula that Crowley used to attract women. Its supposed to be a very ancient musk oil loaded with pheromones. http://www.sorcerers-apprentice.co.uk/ruthvah.htm

Cool Re: Pheromone colognes?

LOL!

I read once that Uncle Crowley used a Musk/Civet compound. 5 parts each.
    Then he added 1 part Ambergris and 1 part Patchouli.

I should think it would be one hell of a powerful scent.

Cygnus, I'm sure some of us at one time or another have bought a frag because some strange woman mentioned how much she loved it on a man-----unless she was a SA, in which case we're REALLY suckers ----- only to realize later that we didn't like it. You're taking an awful lot of ribbing on this thread for something comparable, namely is it there some truth to the claims of pheremone colognes? So I find your question quite forgivable.

But Cygnus, Acqua di Gio, Cool Water and Unforgivable?

Perhaps you might sample a few 80's powerhouse scent.

Or Uncle Crowley's potion.

Do Not Go Gentle (Nor Bland) Into That Good Night,

Best of Luck,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I bought Realm body spray, and to me it smelled like Right Guard deodorant spay.

I noticed nothing special about it, and I used the entire bottle, and it didnt seem to have any effect what-so ever. I ended up using it for deodorant.

I don't know if the cologne smells any different then the body spray does, but if it don't, then I am sure glad I didn't buy both like I was going to.

I think Bud Bundy on Married With Childern had it right when he made a necklace with a $5 bill, the smell of money is a real pheromone to most women.

I Used It In My Mens Version Of Above.

I am sorry for bumping this non-perfume thread but today I just saw my copy of "The Game" and a bunch of samples some company sent me like 3 years ago. Pheromones, androstadienone, pua...
    Many say this is just an exploitation of a man's insecurities, and there may be some truth to that, but I am going to argue that these are also a form of "Bob Ross" or DIY effect. You know, when you like to see other do and you think for your self you could do and be awesome.

Now, lets forget the un-cool sneakiness of the whole idea and assume that there may be some true that androstadienone makes a difference over the mood of some females. However, the fact that she may be taking the pill, be at a certain point in her menstrual cycle (androstadienone makes a difference pretty much only 1-2 days before ovulation), and that the effect is not proven to translate into a behavioral response, leaves you with pretty much nothing. In fact, the placebo effect is much stronger, cheaper and efficient. A study found that, in average, if you give a guy a placebo, tell him that he is using pheromones, this will create a change in behavior/attitude such that women will find him more attractive.

Now, lets assume that the mentioned pheromones (which are supposed to work only during 7% of the menstrual cycle) gives you a 4% increase in attractiveness. If you are really worried about getting this "edge" then you should be worrying about your attitude towards women.

Get the perfume that makes you more comfortable. Come on you've got to have something going for you... do not be a paper strip.

Disclaimer:
    I did not watch Bob Ross because I wanted to paint, but because his enviable Afro. What is better than Bob Ross? Bob Ross dubbed in Spanish. He is like the sensitive Chuck Norris.
    Why did I read the Game? because I smelled something fishy after third guy came to my girlfriend an me with the "Hey guys, who lies more, men or women?". My opinion about PUAs stuff? there is the noble, the useful and the pathetic. but is a matter for another thread.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Ha! Pheromones.

When I was 18 I bought some pheromone laced "seduction" cologne from an ad in some sort of tawdry men's magazine. It came in a small, aluminum flacon with little Egyptian or maybe Mayan type symbols on it. No name whatsoever. It might have been $20.

It smelled very, very odd. Sickly sweet. The woman of my dreams at the time made me wash it off.

A best friend going through a divorce and hitting the singles scene recently got roped by a new version of this same scam. The price has gone up- $250.

Everytime I walk through Bloomingdales, a sales rep for SEXUAL attacks me waving a bottle touting it's "secret formulation." Sadly, I must present the profile of a guy who would be ready to leap at such a silly prospect. I'm sure it's a fine scent in it's own right, but marketing that absurd and blatant rankles me.

I positively believe there is a better than good chance that there is something to the notion that there are scents a woman can smell that men can't. There is a strong body of research that shows women can somehow discern the scent of a relative from the scent of a non relative.

But I have serious doubts that ANY cologne can turn a woman who doesn't already really like you into some sort of zombie ready to do your bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by KenRay View Post
    I think Bud Bundy on Married With Childern had it right when he made a necklace with a $5 bill, the smell of money is a real pheromone to most women.

100% FACT
    My Current 5 stars..... Brut, Lynx Java, Lynx Oriental, Lynx Musk, Lynx Inca, Lynx Fever, Addiction Spice Fire, Hugo Energise, Sean Jean Unforgivable, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul Gaultier Le MÔle, cKBe & cK1

I like what I like, so sue me!

someone gave me a sample of the those pheromone sprays from pheromone talk. I think in the end its just a placebo to make you act more confident because you are wearing it. I doubt it actually does anything at all. If it did it would be a major scientific breakthrough

chaosman - buy some ammo, or even just pure androstenone from pherotalk and overdose in it (like five to eight sprays). Observe the difference in reactions (there won't be a difference if everybody you know hates you already). Then tell me it's a placebo. You will not be able to wait to get it off.. and then when you try, it'll stick to you like glue for the next day or so. Androstenone is a "sticky" one.

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    chaosman - buy some ammo, or even just pure androstenone from pherotalk and overdose in it (like five to eight sprays). Observe the difference in reactions (there won't be a difference if everybody you know hates you already). Then tell me it's a placebo. You will not be able to wait to get it off.. and then when you try, it'll stick to you like glue for the next day or so. Androstenone is a "sticky" one.
    I have a sample to go bottle of Ammo as well as some others plus A314 or whatever its called. Not sure if that is androstenone you are talking about. But I both of those mentioned products and didnt notice anything out of ordinary. will try your suggestion though