Code of Conduct

Default Summer and Winter fragrances

Hey guys,

Im looking to buy 1 summer fragrance and 1 winter fragrance to start my collection. I already own Acqua Di Gio and like the scent but it doesnt last a long time. For the summer fragrance i was thinking to get Azzaro Chrome. The winter fragrance i have no idea. If you could give me suggestions on colognes for summer and winter that would be great. My budget is $30-50 on each bottle and would prefer scents that are easy to find in stores. Also longevity of 6-10 hours.

Thanks,

Aaron

Default Re: Summer and Winter fragrances

Im kinda new kid on the block too, but if i have to go with just too, i would pick Polo Blue (my favourit) for summer and Gucci pour homme for winter. I think im gonna mainly roll with those two for a long time and for special occations i`ll spray something different.

For summer, get Live jazz. Fresher than Chrome, with better longevity, and not as widespread (usually a good thing).

For winter, Rive Gauche will do wonders.

i second the Rive Gauche suggestion. Sounds exactly like what u r looking for burns99.

Which one are you referring to? The old one or the newer one? Thanks for all the suggestions thus far!

Quote Originally Posted by burns99 View Post
    Which one are you referring to? The old one or the newer one? Thanks for all the suggestions thus far!
    Which cologne u referring to ?

Which Rive Gauche...theres one in a blue bottle and then one in a black bottle.

Blue bottle is the ladies one, the guys on here mean Rive Gauche pour Homme.

Id suggest -
    Summer - Bvlgari Aqua / Live Jazz / Diesel Fuel for Life
    Winter - Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour Homme / Gucci pour Homme (dark brown colour) / Dior Homme
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

We don't have winters here in the tropics but ditto on the YSL Rive Gauche.
    I use it during (a) night-outs, (b) when it's cold and rainy (like today) and (c) when i want to feel raunchy and dirty haha
    From my own wardrobe, I interchange it with D&G Pour Homme. Once I open my bottle of Versace The Dreamer, it will be in rotation with the 2 as well. Both have tobacco notes (but I'm such a noob, I can't tell). Been using a vanilla almond smelling scent too, Etro's Heliotrope. You might want to give it a shot, just opened my bottle yesterday ... gives off a cozy mellow vibe.

Summer ended a month ago here, but my summer fragrance this year was Adolfo Dominguez Agua Fresca. It's a Spanish house, it's pretty accessible. Sharp citrusy, wake-me-up kind of scent. My sunny day scents include my aquatics, like Bvlgari Aqva, Polo Blue, or to a lesser extent, Nautica Blue. My secret summer scent -- Paris Hilton for Men Melony sweet that gets compliments from the girls I just don't admit to what it is though hehe. And doesn't last very long, so I tend to re-apply once in a while.

Ok so i think I have my summer frags narrowed down to about four, Live Jazz (would have to be a blind buy), Davidoff Cool Water, Bvlgari Aqva, or Azzaro Chrome. Which one would you suggest getting and WHY?

As for the winter frags. I am having a tough time. I smelt out Le Male and didnt like it at all. Didn't like A Men either. Any other suggestions for Winter frags?

Thanks for your help so far!

Dependent

Hi, from your shortlist, I would go ahead with bvlgari Aqua because it is the least generic smelling of the lot, highly reliable when it comes to longevity and sillage, works perfect even in humidity, and does imo smell the least sharp and synthetic.

Based on the price-range you stated, I would suggest TRYING YSL's M7 and Gucci's Envy for men as winter fragrance. M7 is a very strong scent and you definitely want to sample first. Envy is a good oriental fragrance that is easily likable. Let us know what you think.

Live Jazz is like the freshest cologne I've ever smelled. Has decent longevity, pretty long for an aquatic.
    Cool Water is more versatile, but extremely common. Has better longevity than LJ.
    Bulgari Aqua is good, decent longevity.
    I would avoid Chrome personally.

Summer frag= Bvlgari Aqva. I smelt this one out not too long ago and I really like it.

As for the winter frag I think that Envy is too mature for me. Im only 17 years old and need a winter fragrance that won't scare people away. Any suggestions?

Thanks Guys this is such a great forum

Envy is to mature for you? Can't help you there. And you're probably going to dislike Rive Gauche also.

sorry got posted accidently..

For summer, surprisingly, CK Eternity Aqua. I believe that will suit you just fine as it is a fragrance for all ages.

Rive Gauche & Yachting

Summer : edition Blanche by chanel
    Winter: Rive Gauche, esencia Loewe
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

Arrow Re: Summer and Winter fragrances

You really should endeavor to try before you buy. It's all so subjective.
    Summer:Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey, Versace Eau Fraiche, Chanel Allure Sport or Edition Blanche, Most Creeds due to the ingredients aren't often overbearing(SMW, GIT, Himalaya)
    Winter:YSL La Nuit de l`Homme, YSL Opium, Dior Fahrenheit (maybe Absolute), Montale Black Aoud, Rochas Man, Joop!(make a statement, torture your friends!)
    Can you guess I have an 80's power-scent obsession. First post, so mind my unsurprising list.