Code of Conduct

Default AP Maitresse - anyone else smell J'Adore?

I got a decant of the Agent Provacateur Maitresse today, and decided to give it a test spray. The first thing I thought was "OMG, this smells just like J'Adore". Which I like (somewhat) but certainly don't need another one, KWIM?

Is my nose jaded? Am I imagining things?

Default Re: AP Maitresse - anyone else smell J'Adore?

I don't know if I smelled J'Adore the couple of times I sampled Maitresse, but there was something derivative, a bit "generic" about it that kept me from exploring it further. Maitresse is a good, even lovely, fragrance, but it is not the stunning individualist that the first AP scent is. Maitresse's golden flask-bottle with the round-rumped beauty depicted on it was pretty hard to resist, though.

I just bought this yesterday! I don't really think it smells like J'Adore although it has been some time since I smelt it, but I certainy wasn't reminded of J'Adore.

It is a lovely fragrance IMO

I don't think this smells like J'Adore either, but I introduced it to my neighbour who loves it to bits, and promptly bought a bottle. The luxury body butter in the gold ingot container is said to be gorgeous for anyone who has the scent.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I've never had J'Adore, but thinks it smells different to Maitresse. Maitresse was my honeymoon scent (along with Frangipani). I was reminded slightly of Daim Blond, I think there may be leather and fruit notes in common.

I´ve had both, and would say it reminds me a bit of J´Adore, as I remember it. Don´t think I would have done that comparison if you hadn´t mentioned it, though.
    Can´t remember the notes in either right now, but I do think Maitresse smells somewhat more like YSL Champagne/Yvresse...?

I have both Maitresse and J'Adore. They do not smell similar.

J'Adore strikes me as more of a white floral with fruit undertones, while Maitresse is a deeper fragrance with ylang-ylang and jasmine.

Maitresse is more unique, whereas J'Adore is more "commonplace."
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.