Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a new fragrance - Allure Homme Sport, Bvlgari Aqua or other?

Hi guys,

i'm looking for a new fragrance. I've been using Rive Gauche mainly for the past 6 months or so after looking at the feedback on it, and it is nice, but I went to have a browse at some fragrances at a store recently and i'm getting that excitement of choosing a new scent again, so I figured what with the summer it'd be a good time to get a new one.

I'm looking for something which would work well for like a casual day out shopping or whatever, but also something which can be used at night too (I work as a waiter). I did a few searches on the forums and wrote down the names of some well received summer-y scents and had a smell of the popular ones I could find in store (namely Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Bvlgari Aqua).

Now I really like them both. I've not used an aquatic before, but this one is really nice and something different. I love the smell of AHS, and it seems a bit more versatile compared to Aqua, but it seems really 'diffuse' compared to Aqua, I dunno. You can really smell Aqua, it's like there's a real edge to it; you can tell you're wearing it. AHS it seems you have to concentrate a bit more to smell it...I dunno how to explain it

But anyway, my main question is out of AHS and Aqua, which would you say is better as an all round/all day fragrance? Or do you have any other suggestions (note that I have like a £40 budget, so no Creeds or anything unfortunately).

Thanks!
    Last edited by Smeghead; 17th July 2009 at 10:23 AM.

Default Re: Looking for a new fragrance - Allure Homme Sport, Bvlgari Aqua or other?

Do you like the drydown of Bvlgari Aqva? I thought I liked the fragrance for months until I gave it a sample wearing, after 1 hour, it turns into a lotion-like smell that I can't stand. Try Aqva Marine to see if you like that, less deep, more briny sea air like. But AHS is a gorgeous scent and I might buy a bottle again (after selling the first time stupidly). Also you could try Kenzo pour Homme Fresh.

edit: but if I had to choose between Aqva Marine (which I like alot) or AHS, itd have to be AHS simply because its alot more versatile and seems relatively well crafted.
    Last edited by rinosaur; 17th July 2009 at 10:46 AM.

Default Re: Looking for a new fragrance - Allure Homme Sport, Bvlgari Aqua or other?

I own and Bulgari Aqua and i really like it. IMHO its one of the best designer aquatics in the market. However i do feel that AHS will be a better all round frag for you.

Other suggestions are Versace Pour Homme which is something similar to AHS but i prefer VPH. Another would be Solo Loewe, although not an aquatic but its really versatile too.

I took out my Bulgari Aqua and gave myself a spritz just for this post hahaha Was wearing Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Bois de Filao earlier because of the rainy weather here.

Unfortunately I havent tried AHS but Aqua's a great scent, especially if you're young-ish slash thirty-something...it smells young and cool and clean, but not CK One clean. If you're a waiter and I presume have a lot of human contact, Aqua's a crowd-pleaser, I don't think there will be any complaints. Slight downside to it is because of its aquatic nature, it's pretty "safe", not like your current Rive Gauche which IMO is a just a step away from being raunchy (I love my Rive Gauche too!). I don't wear aquatics during nighttime also (like on night-outs, dinners, etc)...except well, tonight, as I reply to this post
    +1 on the Solo Loewe from above post, was able to sample it just recently. Love ittt!

I took out my Bulgari Aqua and gave myself a spritz just for this post hahaha Was wearing Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Bois de Filao earlier because of the rainy weather here.

Unfortunately I havent tried AHS but Aqua's a great scent, especially if you're young-ish slash thirty-something...it smells young and cool and clean, but not CK One clean. If you're a waiter and I presume have a lot of human contact, Aqua's a crowd-pleaser, I don't think there will be any complaints. Slight downside to it is because of its aquatic nature, it's pretty "safe", not like your current Rive Gauche which IMO is a just a step away from being raunchy (I love my Rive Gauche too!). I don't wear aquatics during nighttime also (like on night-outs, dinners, etc)...except well, tonight, as I reply to this post
    +1 on the Solo Loewe from above post, was able to sample it just recently. Love ittt!

Banned
    Blog Entries

chanel over bvlgari

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    chanel over bvlgari
    Agree.

Allure Homme Sport is one of my more simplistic scents, yet it has gotten me the most compliments from women.

It's good YEAR ROUND, and this is coming from someone in Utah who sees blistering hot summer days and sub-zero winter nights.
    1) Chergui (Serge Lutens)
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Aventus (Creed)
    4) Allure Homme Sport (Chanel)
    5) La Nuit De l'Homme (YSL)

Allure Homme Sport over Bvlgari Aqua in my opinion. It just seems to suit almost any occasion perfectly. I get poor longevity from it however. Versace Pour Homme is also another solid choice as pointed out earlier in this thread.

I'd choose AHS