Code of Conduct

Default Lurker needs 3 fragrances for all around effect

Hi guys,

I finally signed up for an account here after reading through the boards for quite awhile. I am looking to buy 3 different fragrances that will cover all the bases (office, casual, formal, etc.)

I am 27 years old and have a girlfriend who is open to pretty much all scents unless there is too much vanilla present.

I have come up with the following and I was wondering what you guys though.

Bulgarii Aqua
    Rive Gauche
    Burberry London
    M7
    Angel/A

I am open to new ideas as well but am looking for a good start to a well rounded wardrobe.

thank you so much for any help you can offer!
    Last edited by datrain711; 17th July 2009 at 04:23 PM.

Default Re: Lurker needs 3 fragrances for all around effect

That's a pretty good list! I have Aqua and like it but i have grown bored of aquatics now that I;m into others but it will be a good go to aquatic scent! Maybe you can swap it for Mugler Cologne or Cartier Declaration (it can be had for $35-40 if you get from some online retailers or ebay). M7 is one of those great scents that grows on you so maybe you should sample that and AMen. Otherwise it looks like a good start!

Dependent

Hi and welcome datrain711! Have you tried them yet? Anyways I will pick my personal 3 from the ones you listed.

Bulgari Aqua - mostly for casual use, one of the most reliable aquatic scents. Absolutely can't go wrong if you are looking to add an aquatic to your wardrobe. Can easily be used as an office scent as well. Great for warmer weathers and humid outdoors.

M7 - I would use this for formal occasions and maybe the office. This took me some time to appreciate. I believe its a love or hate scent, but don't give up on it too fast. give it some sample wearings before you make your final judgment. Can be a little over powering at first.

Rive Gauche - I think this will make a really good daily office scent; it's pleasant and not invasive at all. It is also appropriate for semi-formal dates or outings.

Of the 3, I believe aqua and m7 are the longest lasting and have the best projection.

In the past few weeks i have sampled:

Bulgari Aqua
    John Varvatos
    D & G PH
    Burberry London
    Gucci Envy
    Varvatos Vintage
    YSL P'homme
    Unforgivable.

I'm just basically looking at a way to cover all my bases with 3 scents. I have read a lot of reviews and the ones I listed above seem to be held in pretty high regard, but I definitely want to cover all the bases before I place my order.

thanks for the imput