Code of Conduct

Default Memoire D'Homme (2)

(There is a previous post on this one, but I did not want to bump it, even more so when it posts a question on one of its notes)

Any idea as to why this has gone under the radar? Any ideas about it you would like to share?

A contemporary woody chypre, "contemporary" not being a synonim for "boring" or "usual": IMHO, it is very original. Information on it states that MD'H has bergamot and licorice top notes, nutmeg and ginger mid notes and vetiver, amber and cedar base notes. Since my olfactory training is weak, I can only say that the presence of licorice, ginger and the vetiver / amber / cedar combo are evident. Both sillage and longevity are remarkable.

It feels, on a remote kind of way, like an updated take on Roger & Gallet Pour L'Homme. I can also trace something on the line of Ricci Club, a fact that is asking me to compare them hand in hand.

Well, it has been such a flop that stockists are selling it in brick and mortar perfumeries at USD 20.

Maybe it lacked the branding / advertising factor, but it gets to my mind that Nina Ricci is owned by Puig, owner of Carolina Herrera, Paco Rabanne and Antonio Bandera, and licenser of Comme des Garçons. Besides, Nina Ricci has a lot of presence in the female market.

Default Re: Memoire D'Homme (2)

Hmmm, this is such a wonderful fragrance - everything about it is sooooo good from its bright sparkling top notes to the amazing base notes of the opoline which is a blend of opoponax, myrrh, amber and musk. I don't know what opoline itself smells like but in this creation, it certainly brings out the opulence of this warm and terribly inviting scent for one to get close to you. When I first saw it after it was released, did not think much of it but after trying it, I was completely mesmerised by it. Love the bottle and the absolutely delicious juice. As it has pomelo in the top notes and cedar and amber in the base notes, I am not surprised that it reminds you of Ricci Club as that has grapefruit (very close to pomelo - one of my favourite fruits - it smells so fresh and uplifting) gaiac wood and cedar. Were they trying to update on Ricci Club, I wonder - don't know how successful the mens fragrances are in general but having used Signoricci and Signoricci 2 in the past, always love their offerings but never really recall much publicity about their fragrances. Ricci Club is an oustanding fragrance in its own rights and such a comfortable scent which I find also very underrated.

This is by far the most smoky fragrance I own.Lasting power is excellent.Problem is I find it too sharp for everyday's use.And summer isn't the perfect timing to wear this one...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    This is by far the most smoky fragrance I own.Lasting power is excellent.Problem is I find it too sharp for everyday's use.And summer isn't the perfect timing to wear this one...
    LOL, I was thinking precisely about that when writing the post: must be a nightmare wearing it in the summertime. Moreover, I think it must be perfect for a freezing-cold day - great! this actually means that my supposition that summer / winter fragrances was mumbo-jambo ws wrong. Guess this is call "on-the-smell-training".