Code of Conduct

Default If money were no object, what expensive bottle would you buy?

Just like fantasy football, what bottle would you pick? Something that you don't think you'd purchase a bottle of "under normal circumstances"?
    Last edited by kess; 20th July 2009 at 04:58 PM.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Default Re: If money were no object, what expensibe bottle would you buy?

I'd immediately purchase a bell jar of Tubereuse Criminelle as opposed to eeking by with large decants ( I just can't justify 330$ on a bottle right now ).

A "cheater" leather: Cuir Beluga.

(Secretly, I want Profumum Dulcis in Fundo. The cost is too high for something that smells of a Creamsicle. I have exhibited exceptional impulse in purchasing niche scents, but I have my limits. I picked Cuir Beluga primarily because I would pay more for a Guerlain than I would a nouveau-niche brand.)

For the summer, definitely Carnal Flower. The 100ml! I can dream can't I? I've used up my sample and sometimes I just sniff the empty container... and sigh.

I would also love Feminite du Bois, which I think would be gorgeous in the fall and winter.

Gourmand Coquin
    Evenstar

Mazzolari Lui
    Profumum Ambra Aurea
    Guerlain Djedi
    Vero Onda

Guet-Apens by Guerlain - that cobalt blue bottle is beautiful, not to mention the frag! Now I must edit/add Juozas Statkevicius (Josef Statkus).
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 20th July 2009 at 03:48 PM.

Enlèvement au Sérail. Definately. Maybe two bottles. At least. I love this stuff, but it's way too expensive for me *sniff*.

I read nalle3's comment as "...but it's way too expensive for me *sniff* " as "...but it's way too expensive for me to sniff," and I thought, Right on! Another person who realizes the futility of faffing around with one measly ml of a $300.00 scent!

Orion, you captured my feelings about this scent in a very exact way. Even the frustration of knowing that something so beautiful exists, and my part is to admire it from afar.

If money were no object I would rush out and buy:-
    Iris Poudre (Malle)
    A La Nuit (Lutens)
    Anne Pliska

When I started collecting I decided that I would never pay more than 100 € for any scent, and I have pretty much kept my promise with the exceptions of PotL Luctor et Emergo, Caron Poivre and N'Aimez Que Moi and Ormonde Jayne Ormonde parfum extraits.

So I would probably just pick a Lutens or Mazzolari scent I happened to be fancying at the moment.

Right now I can't buy anything, and it will stay this way well into the next year so finding the 5 € vintage Hermès Amazon testers was like winning in Lotto!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 18th July 2009 at 09:39 AM.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

The semi bespoke perfumes from Roja Dove #9 and #7
    The Party
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Agree with Lian on the semi-bespoke scents of Roja Dove, but I can't remember which were my favourite numbers, so would want to go through them all again!

Also Guerlain Plus que Jamais

Also The Party in Manhattan.

Also bell jars of Fumerie Turque and Chergui

And several Ajnes, notably Calypso, Printemps and Fleur Blanche. Probably more...

If I was restricted to ONE, I would chose The Party, as I am going to buy an Ajne anyway (have three vouchers towards one, at least!) And I might buy PQJ before the year is out - or a decant at least!
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 18th July 2009 at 10:58 AM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Sur la Plage

Guerlain Djedi
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

First I would fly to Paris, go to the Champs Elysee, and buy a big and beautiful flacon of Mitsouko extrait. Then I would head across the Seine to rue Grenelle to buy a 100 ml Parfum de Therese. I am saving my last few drops. I would pick up a 50 ml Musc Ravageur as well.

In general though, I don't even try lines that are over-the-roof expensive. I have never sampled Le Labo, The Party, etc. It sounds silly, but I am afraid that I might fall madly in love and then obsess about owning the object of desire.

Creed SMW
    Bond No 9 harlem, andy warhol

I have several others that I will add later.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

No object at all? How exciting!

Guerlain Plus que Jamais edp and the extrait

SL bell jars of Fumerie Turque and Chergui (yay VM!)

Every bottle of Ajne to test and just enjoy the view

Guerlain Apres l'Ondee pure parfum (!)

Floris Madonna of the Almonds

PG Un Crime Exotique

Oh the dreaming!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Basenotes Plus

For the not-in-my-wildest-dreams category: JAR Golconda and Hermes Doblis.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by nalle3 View Post
    Enlèvement au Sérail. Definately. Maybe two bottles. At least. I love this stuff, but it's way too expensive for me *sniff*.
    Same for me...I don't care if I get that lady's head on top of the bottle...I just want buckets and buckets of the perfume.

Any fragrances contained in Lalique or Baccarat... and specifically the crystal Guerlain bottles, which are stunning and timeless.

I want to add to my previous post Bel Respiro, Sous le Vent, Quand Vient la Pluie, and Mazzolari Alessandro
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 18th July 2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

MPG Soir d'Orient and Amouage Silver Cristal Femme. Of course, I first must locate some Sd'O before I can buy it.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Don't think I've ever fallen for one outrageously expensive scent. That said, it would be a great opportunity to buy all of my wishlist at retail - plus some I have been dithering about, reasoning that such-and-so niche in my wardrobe has already been filled by another dearly beloved scent.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I have to confess I've given in to some of my most expensive cravings, but if money were no object I'd buy:

Jubilation 25 ( a nice, big bottle)
    Apres l'ondée Parfum (but does it still exist? I don't think so; so vintage)

I would also go crazy with Neil Morris, 5 bottles or so, from Summer of Love to City Rain, and many in between. I'm working my way through samples and love one out of two, also love how they last.

Also lots of Via Profumo stuff including Persona and Mona Lisa

Likewise Lutens: I did buy Chergui in the bell jar and that bell jar wants company, starting with Ambre Sultan.

Ormonde Jayne Woman
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 20th July 2009 at 04:36 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Basenotes Institution

Apres L' Ondee Parfum - if it were ever available again - I would even buy a reformulated version . I would buy liters of Jicky, Shalimar and Vol de Nuit extrait and maybe a couple of JARs.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: If money were no object, what expensibe bottle would you buy?

A one litre Bee bottle of Mitsouko extrait, L'heure Bleue extrait, Parure extrait, Vol de Nuit extrait, Shalimar extrait, Chant d"aromes extrait, Habit Rouge EDP, one litre of Christian Lacroix Tumulte Homme, Caron Violette Precieuse, and Prada Infusion d'homme, Kenzo flower, and Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. Sorry, I couldn't pick just one. but I did keep the list small.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    First I would fly to Paris, go to the Champs Elysee, and buy a big and beautiful flacon of Mitsouko extrait.
    Take me with you!

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    A one litre Bee bottle of Mitsouko extrait, L'heure Bleue extrait, Parure extrait, Vol de Nuit extrait, Shalimar extrait, Chant d"aromes extrait, Habit Rouge EDP, one litre of Christian Lacroix Tumulte Homme, Caron Violette Precieuse, and Prada Infusion d'homme, Kenzo flower, and Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.
    I am with you 100% . . . . But I am wondering how long one liter of Mitsouko or Vol de Nuit would last me . . . it's strong stuff and a little goes a long way!

I would use my unlimited funds to scour the earth for an unopened, in-the-box, full bottle of Chypre, then I would fly first class to pick it up personally.

I would probably spring for a bottle of Indult Tihota -- smoky vanilla, yum! At $250 for 50 ml it's definitely an indulgence.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Roja Dove semi-bespoke #3 for me. My beloved sexy groin-fest. I am destined never to own it.

Incidentally, does anyone know how much these retail for? I know he makes just 50 bottles of each.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

I would buy the entire Chanel Exclusif line and give away the Cuir to a leather loving friend.

Then I'd grab a bottle of Cruel Gardenia.

And I will join the stampede for the heavenly Apres l' Ondee parfum.....

Ask me next week or next month and the answer may vary.....

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Guet-Apens by Guerlain - that cobalt blue bottle is beautiful, not to mention the frag! Now I must edit/add Juozas Statkevicius (Josef Statkus).
    Those Guerlian bottles are SO tempting.

I decided I could buy ONE Guerlain parfum in Paris, and I swear I selected this from my short list b/c
    a) there was no Apres l'ondee parfum to buy
    b)I could not resist the bottle

[And yes, I bought it!] [And yes, that is one GUERLAIN PARFUM--I did go to other perfume shops]

Last edited by Nostalgie; 22nd July 2009 at 02:07 AM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Default Re: If money were no object, what expensive bottle would you buy?

I second the trip to Paris. I would clean out Serge Lutens and buy up all the non-export bell jars (maybe TWO of La Myrrhe), and hit up Guerlain for every single fragrance I can't find on the internet! That's all. Really.
    But if I was going to all that effort, let me add: searching for vintage bottles of:
    Ma Griffe, Cabochard, Jolie Madam, Miss Dior, Chypre, and would certainly not turn down any vintage bottles I would come across.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Institution

I third a trip to Paris ! All the gorgeous perfumes to be had and no shipping charges ! Guerlain would be cleaned out !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    Roja Dove semi-bespoke #3 for me. My beloved sexy groin-fest. I am destined never to own it.

Incidentally, does anyone know how much these retail for? I know he makes just 50 bottles of each.
    I think he makes more than 50 bottles of each, but it is limited to a certain number of customers.

a bottle is 250 ml and 1000 pounds.

Keep your eye out for bottle splits, the bottles themselves of Roja Dove for these scents are very basic so if you don't get the original bottle you are not missing out much.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Caron Poivre in the Baccarat bottle:

OR

A perfume created just for me by Neil Morris.

How about both?

Well, I could list a few possibilities but the most unattainable would be a bottle of Quand Vient la Pluie parfum.

I would re-sniff Djedi and probably go with that, once I could find it.

Other wishlist items out of price reach right now are: Malle Iris Poudrée and Une Fleur de Cassie, and Lutens Iris Silver Mist... and a repurchase of Angélique Encens.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    When I started collecting I decided that I would never pay more than 100 € for any scent
    But now that the price of SL Palais Royal scents has risen to 110 €, I guess I must raise my limit to 150 €...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    I think he makes more than 50 bottles of each, but it is limited to a certain number of customers.

a bottle is 250 ml and 1000 pounds.

Keep your eye out for bottle splits, the bottles themselves of Roja Dove for these scents are very basic so if you don't get the original bottle you are not missing out much.
    Thanks, Lian. What a wonderful idea. I would jump at the opportunity. It would be like buying a part share in a race horse. Wow!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

I'd go for Promesse de l'aube.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie Day View Post
    I'd go for Promesse de l'aube.
    Ooh yes, that's a lovely one, and that line doesn't come cheap.

Anyone fancy a top of the range Clive Christian? There appear to be five going begging!

Imperial Majesty Limited Edition
    The single most expensive bottle of Clive Christian No.1 is labeled “Imperial Majesty,” a limited edition. Imperial Majesty is available in a heavy Baccarat crystal bottle with a 5-carat solitaire diamond set in its collar and has a value of around $200,000 per ounce. Only 10 have ever been made – 5 of which have been put in Clive Christian’s personal collection.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Guerlain Djedi
    Yes!! That's me. It haunts me in my dreams.. I'm at the point where I just simply MUST have a bottle at any cost...[/insanity]
    (Brielle, you do know this is all YOUR fault, right?..LOL)

I'll buy a female relative of mine, a female friend, colleague or significant other a limited edition Baccarat crystal bottle of Shalimar, also Joy by Jean Patou or a vintage (hard to find, almost auction-value) Creed
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 21st July 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Promesse de l'aube. One of the best perfumes I've sampled in a long time. And unfortunately in the silly price range.

Also Farouche parfum and a selection of Guerlain pure perfumes; Shalimar, Mitsouko and maybe others.

happy is the bleu heart<3

With my husband still not working, almost everything is out of my price range right now.

Just in case I win the lottery soon, I do have a list:

Creed Vintage Tabarome
    Morgane Le Fay Blue (I can't believe the price increase on this just recently! $180 for 50ml)
    Chanel #22
    Nasomatto China White
    Cuiron
    SL bell jars of: MKK, Cuir Mauresque, and Santal de Mysore
    SL export bottles of: Chene, Un Bois Vanille, Fleurs d'Oranger, Daim Blond, Douce Amere
    POTL Luctor et Emergo
    several by Mazzolari and Profumum

That should get me started ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Without hesitation Amouage, Homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotiq View Post
    Yes!! That's me. It haunts me in my dreams.. I'm at the point where I just simply MUST have a bottle at any cost...[/insanity]
    (Brielle, you do know this is all YOUR fault, right?..LOL)
    Me, what did I do? Sorry I helped you to try something that can become mania, Djedi. It was costly enough that I can not think of anything to add on to this thread.
    Maybe a Lutens bell jar, but that is reasonable compared to Djedi.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

If money were no object, I would have each one of my favorite perfume houses and perfumers make a perfume especially and exclusively for me.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I already have a regular bottle of Mûre et Musc Extrême, but I covet the limited edition:

And the 5oz crystal bottle of Mûre et Musc:

Ugh, another go back for me, how could I forget Amouage Homage.
    Evenstar

Wink Re: If money were no object, what expensive bottle would you buy?

Big bottle of Hermes Ambre Narguile
    and Chanel new huge Gardenia, 22, and Beige.

If Money where no object I would commission my very own fragrance something with honeysuckles and oakmoss *perfect*
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

If it was supposed to be just one bottle, it would be undoubtedly Chergui by Serge Lutens.
    If more, I would add Daim Blond - SL again.

Last edited by Anna_P; 22nd August 2009 at 08:41 PM.

Elternhaus - MoslBuddJewChristHinDao
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

>Raises hand for 3xasif's extra Cuir....but, no, I want the rest of the Exclusifs as well!<

I'd go to TOWN over some vintage extrait bottles of just about everything from Guerlain and Chanel. I'd get some Feminite de Bois extrait as well. I'm on a kick right now of insane craving for pure parfum. Suddenly, those nice big bottles of EdT spray just leave me wanting more......
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

The 1st one would be the New Harrods for Men by Bond No.9.....The bottle with the crystals.
    Gary

AromiErotici

I would, without hesitation, track down and buy every single bottle, mini and vial of Patou Pour Homme.

I would then sit atop my lofty Patou Empire in olfactory bliss, never to be heard from again.